Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pix. emailed to Alturact, Thanks for your help.

Ok, I emailed hubby's pictures of the guards installing fencing on the Az border, to Alturact; who will post them here for me, as I am computer challenged!

But I did want to tell you all, the Az border patrolmen, have requested my hubby's group back next year! They said they had never seen anyone work so hard and do their job so right as they did and they need them back next year for more fencing.

The border patrol gave all of them a certificate, which I would imagine they are giving all guards them.

Also yesterday, they were presented a ribbon & medal from the commander of the Louisiana National Guard for their duty to helping with the Katrina clean up and aid.

Alturact, thanks for your help!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Here you go moosetracks. You are certainly welcome.

[b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Hooray for Alturact!!

The slats have spaces for run off, the rest of the fencing is solid.

Banned
    Moosetracks, I read elsewhere that all wall/fence building activity on the border has stopped these last two weeks. This sounds like it may coincide with when your husband returned home. Any idea what's going on here - why things have apparently ground to a halt, or is this just not true?

Excellent photos!

One comment though. Why the white helmets??

Why the white helmets??
    Safety. Plus probably white to reflect the sun. Must have been horrible to work in that heat with all those clothes on.

Great pics Moosetracks. Give em all another big thankyou for me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know they are hard hats but white kind of defeats the purpose of having a camoflage uniform.

know they are hard hats but white kind of defeats the purpose of having a camoflage uniform
    Ya....you're right about that. Never looked at it that way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can we see the fence from space yet?

Dixie

Kate,
    I haven't heard about the fencing being stopped...there was another guard group to replace hubby's group.

They are taking turns doing their summer camp, plus a week extra, doing this.

I believe it was a Wisconsin group that is staying there to continue to work, for a year.

They are taking volunteers from the guard to stay there for a year, but I would think anyone that would volunteer, would not have a job back home.

Hubby will return next summer, after that he can retire, and his hopes that he can soon, after that, retire from his job too.

As for the white hard hats, I don't know where they got them, they were told they couldn't take off their jackets, so they all worked in that heat with jackets on. I don't think they needed camo for this, they just wanted them in full uniform.