Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

benutty wrote:
    I don't see why people are getting angry about this...I mean think about it. Peso is a currency and so is our dollar.
    And spanish is a language and so is English but it does NOT mean I want to have spanish used in place of English! It isn't just one little thing that makes me mad as he!! about all of this, it is the sum of all that the illegals do and bring to this country to undermine, subvert, subjugate, etc.

there advertisment on TV touts the peso not the pizza and the ad is in english I will check the spanish tv stations next.

A store taking payments in foriegn coin is no big deal but why advertise it TV unless you want to make a statement?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster

Welcome to ALIPAC!

Thank you, Ronster !

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You go to the bank and exchange your foreign currency for Dollars. Spending anything but Dollars in America serves no purpose. Besides, the majority of Americans are not running around with a pocket full Pesos.

Secondly, I don't believe you have ever traveled abroad or you would realize that everyone wants Dollars. Every one but this pizza joint in the middle of America that caters to Hispanics.
    Sorry to disagree, Dixie. Once again think about it, would it make sense for someone from a foreign country to convert all his/her money before coming to US, when he/she just visiting? How will he/she pay for the taxi fare to the airport or for food while in their country. If they do accept US dollar, you will not get exact change back. Remember currency depreciates or gains each day. Makes more sense convert not to everything, and while traveling who hasn't spent more then they have wanted too? If a business who accepts foreign money makes running to a bank less of a hassle. As a business you attract more customers from convience. Which means more money, no matter how you count it money is money.
    You don't believe me that I never went abroad? How did you come to that conclusion......cause if you actually believe what you are saying everyone in the world wants US money, might show that you might be the one who hasn't traveled much. It's like saying everyone in the world loves US, and only want to use US currency. If you did go traveling abroad, then my only conclusion is that you only stuck around tourist spots only, which accepts all currency. Also Hawaii has businesses that accepts yen, because most of the tourist are japanese visiting. I been to Japan and lived in Korea for 4 years. How about you?
    Oh, if you kept up with world trade, US currency value is decreasing and recently just got better. Last year foreign countries were dumping US currency because it was depreciating quickly and went to euro.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard

benutty wrote:
    I don't see why people are getting angry about this...I mean think about it. Peso is a currency and so is our dollar.

And spanish is a language and so is English but it does NOT mean I want to have spanish used in place of English! It isn't just one little thing that makes me mad as he!! about all of this, it is the sum of all that the illegals do and bring to this country to undermine, subvert, subjugate, etc.
    How do you compare language with money? That's like comparing apples and oranges....and if accepting foreign money means it is undermining, subverting, subjugating, us. Aren't we doing that to other countries by making them accept our US dollar?

You are making US sound pretty arrogant by saying these things people. Look if this pizza guy is only accepting peso and speaking spanish only then I will agree that it is wrong and something should be done about it. He is only trying to broaden his business, cause of his location has majority latinos. Let us keep an open mind people.[/quote]

I'm not going all the way to Mexico to pick up some Pasos or a special trip to the bank to spend in their business. Sorry, makes no sense to me.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am really curious if they hire Caucasians, Blacks, or Asians. And their slogan "We cater to the Hispanic Community". For them it is normal, for any other race it would be considered "Racist".

R/ Skip

They changed their website since yesterday.

Yesterday it was "Serving the Hispanic Community".

Today it is "Service to Community, Commitment To Value"

http://www.pizzapatron.com/index.cfm

News Headlines

Pizza Patrón Sponsors Dia de la Raza at La Gran Plaza
    Over 38,000 Latinos Attend Event

10/09/05

Fort Worth - October, 09, 2005 - Over 38,000 people from all over DFW metroplex attended the annual celebration of Dia de la Raza in La Gran Plaza in Fort Worth. In addition to live music and other entertainment, the event offered exhibits, games, raffles, and food and product samples.

As a major sponsor of the event, Pizza Patrón exhibited a strong presence, hosting a prize tent and offering pizza by the slice. Branded vehicles were on display in strategic areas to promote brand awareness. The Patrón tent was a nonstop flurry of activity with customers enjoying fresh pizza while they played for prizes. At times, the demand for pizza was almost overwhelming.

With the help of a store located near the event, managed by Manuel Chavez, the Pizza Patrón team was able to make the most of this great community event. "It's great to see how much people enjoy interacting with us at these events, and we were also able to let new customers know about my store" said Chavez.

Pizza Patrón features festive and fun carryout-only pizza stores that are community based in Spanish speaking or predominately Hispanic neighborhoods. The units are open from 4:00 to 10:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. to midnight on Fridays, 12:00 p.m. to midnight Saturdays, and 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Sundays. The menu is value oriented, offering high quality, freshly prepared pizzas at very low price points. All pizza dough is made fresh throughout the evening; no preservatives are added or needed. The sauce is prepared fresh in the stores, as well, from crushed Roma tomatoes. Only 100% mozzarella is used. Whole and half pizzas are offered at prices as low as $4.99 for a large pizza with cheese and one topping and $3.49 for the same half pizza. A large deluxe pizza with everything is only $6.99.

Contact
    Pizza Patrón Inc.
    Jesse Sosa
    972-613-8000
    jesse@pizzapatron.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2007 Pizza Patrón Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Copyright and Trademarks Terms. Home | Our Story | Menu | Locations | Franchising | News | Contact Us
    ESPAÑOL
    [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    I have a hard time getting mad about this. He is a business owner, and if wants to accept buttons for his pizza he is allowed. It is his business, let him do what he wants.
    This is not simply a matter of a business choosing their barter. This is further indication of how far the invasion has encroached on our culture and American way of life. Different language, different currency, different mores, etc. The longer this type of thing goes on the further divided this country will become. This is not a good thing.
    i am opposed to death threats, but i think it shows the VERY strong feelings people are starting to get toward our invaders. the government needs to enforce the laws on the books before some people feel they are backed into a corner and take matters into their own hands.

What is good for one, is good for all. Someone needs to slap a lawsuit on them, as they would do to us, if the tables were turned.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast