Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

please copy this and send it to your email list

Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas,Texas is a fairly
    famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
    2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after
    3. Jack Ruby-who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, died there a few years later. by coincidence

"On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. (That's almost 44 per day---every day)

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in

The first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas.

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.

The average patient in Parkland's maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital, they do. " Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE.

The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the

clinics and pregnant with her third child---her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico. This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money.
    Not that it matters, the hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even bother asking at this point.)

"How long has this been going on? What are the long-term affects?
    Well, another subject of the article was born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother entered the U.S. illegally - now she is having her own child there as well. (That's right, she's technically a U.S. citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

Most of these things are available to American citizens as well but only for low-income applicants and even then, the red tape involved is almost insurmountable.
    Because these women are illegal immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of legitimate identification -- no proof of income.

An American citizen would have to provide a social security number which would reveal their annual income -- an illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the hospital must take them at their word.
    "My husband is a pilot for the United States Navy (yes, he fought in Iraq ) and while the health care is good, we Navy wives don't get any of these perks! Car seats? Diapers? Not so much. So my question is this: Does our public medical care system treat illegal immigrants better than American citizens? Yes, it does!
    As I mentioned, the care I have received is perfectly adequate but it's bare bones, meat and potato medical care -- not top of line.

Their (the illegals) medical care is free -- simply because they are illegal immigrants?

Once again, there is no way to verify their income.

Parkland Hospital offers indigent care to Dallas County residents who earn less than $40,000 per year. (They also have to prove that they did not refuse health coverage at their current job. The 'free' care is not so easy for Americans to get)
    There are about 140 patients who received roughly $4 million dollars for un-reimbursed medical care. As it turns out, they did not qualify for free treatment because they resided outside of Dallas County so the hospital is going to sue them! Illegals get it all free! But U.S. citizens who live outside of Dallas County get sued! How stupid is this?
    As if that isn't annoying enough, the illegal immigrant patients are actually complaining about hospital staff not speaking Spanish. In this AP story, the author speaks with a woman who is upset that she had to translate comments from the hospital staff into Spanish for her husband.

The doctor was trying to explain the situation to the family and the mother was forced to translate for her husband who only spoke Spanish. This was apparently a great injustice to her.

In an attempt to create a Spanish-speaking staff, Parkland Hospital is now providing incentives in the form of extra pay for applicants who speak Spanish. Additionally, medical students at the University of Texas Southwestern for which Parkland Hospital is the training facility will now

have a Spanish language requirement added to their already jammed-packed curriculum. No other school in the country boasts such a ridiculous multi-semester (multicultural) requirement.
    In the meantime, I have to end my column here. I have to go buy a car seat."
    (Ed: Sorry for the length, but this needs wide circulation particularly to our "employees" in Congress.)

Remember that this is only ONE hospital in Dallas, Texas. There are many more hospitals across our country, that also have to deal with this.

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY US CITIZEN YOU KNOW.
    If you want to verify accuracy:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/parkland.asp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to give you an idea about how much we taxpayers are paying for these anchor babies.

I just had a baby on May 30 2007. Total bill for me $25,000 Total bill for the baby $4,000 granted, I had a c-section so it wouldn't be that much for a natural birth but still, HOLY CRAP! The total I spent on prenatal care was about $3000 AFTER insurance.

I would have loved for all this to be free. I don't work my dh is a firefighter and we all know they don't make crap. I called about qualifying for WIC and they wanted to know everything about our income. (I didn't qualify) Probably because I speak ENGLISH the person I talked to at the health department barely did.

It just pisses me off when I am at the store and the person in front of me doesn't speak ENGLISH and pays with food stamps. Then you see them go out to the parking lot and get into their brand new Escalade. Their kids all have cell phones and the latest gadgets and even their kids drive better cars than me. But they are still on the free lunch program.

I am getting real sick of the injustice.

I think I remember that some Japanese admiral
    Stated that – I think we have awaken a sleeping giant-
    That would be us the People of the USA

I just hope the rest of us wake up soon

Gotta love it. My daughter can almost die of a urinary tract infection and be refused treatment at a university medical center yet the waiting room is full of people that don't speak English. There has to be a change in tide soon...
    Hussein who?

This has been posted several times on Alipac
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-68228-parkland.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sorry for posting it again.

Sadly, this is happening throughout the country, and many hospitals are closing as a result. A recent report of the metro DC area stated that every category of teenage pregnancy had declined, with one exception....Hispanic.

Teen Pregnancy, Birth Rates Plummet Across D.C. Region

By Susan Levine
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, October 29, 2007; Page A01

Excerpt:

Teen pregnancy and birth rates have dropped sharply across the Washington region in the past decade, with the District cutting its numbers by more than half to historic lows.

Arlington and Prince George's counties also have recorded striking decreases in both rates,
    which are among the most important indicators of children's well-being. And in virtually every jurisdiction, the trajectories have been particularly marked among African American teens, closing much of a once-intractable gap with white rates.

Maria Cruz joined the Teen Alliance for Prepared Parenting when she was pregnant with Katie, now 4. The Washington Hospital Center program's objective is to prevent subsequent pregnancies. "I have matured a lot," Cruz said. (By Carol Guzy -- The Washington Post)

The reversals reflect national trends that have public health experts hopeful that programs and messages aimed at adolescents have hit their mark at last.

"We think kids are making better choices," said Donald Shell, health officer for Prince George's, where the birthrate for females age 15 to 19 fell by nearly a third between 1996 and 2005. "Our efforts finally are bringing forth some fruit."

Yet within the region's positive news are troubling details that could undermine the progress. Several jurisdictions still have what one health worker described as "extraordinarily high" rates. In others, figures are ticking upward again because of more Latina pregnancies.

"I can look at the numbers and be very concerned," said Darhyl Jasper, a public health nursing supervisor who heads Alexandria's teen pregnancy prevention program.

In a country with the worst rates in the industrialized world, officials have focused on teen pregnancies and births because of their distressing, lifelong ramifications.

Adolescent mothers frequently compromise not only their health but also their future, dropping out of school and struggling financially. Their babies are at greater risk for a host of problems, including low birth weight and abuse, neglect and poor academic performance.

Given the Washington region's changing demographics, as well as the country's, many communities soon could be facing the same challenge. Most family planning services lag in providing for language needs and cultural sensitivities, said David Landry of the Guttmacher Institute, which studies sexual and reproductive health.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01464.html

I can relate.

My 5 year old daughter got super sick a few years back. Started puking green bile and was lethargic. Took her to Children's hospital an hour away, got inside the waiting area and it was FULL of "people who don't speak English". There was no where to sit and none of them offered to get off thier big butts and offer a mother with a very obviously sick little girl a seat. It was like one of them would stub thier toe and the WHOLE family would have to accompany the one person, cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters.....

As soon as one of them got up, I darted for a seat and wouldn't leave it until I had to. I was there for 6 hours and finally went home with no medical care, even tho the nurses triaged her.

A month later, I got a $100 dollar bill for the traige and I about lost it. I called and gave them a piece of my mind that included how disgusted I was at the lack of medical care and overcrowded conditions and ended up getting it reversed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup. I can see why you were peeved. Here's another.
    I was the victim of a hit and run on my motorcycle last month. I wasn't in dire straits but I had to go to the same university medical center as my post above because I didn't wear a helmet and my own medical refused me but that's another HMO story.
    While in the waiting room to have my head Xrayed, there was a man who was obviously in as much pain waiting as well. I asked him what happened and he told me (in very broken English) that he rolled a vehicle in mexico that morning. I wondered why the hell is he competing with MY pain for the same treatment I was to receive?
    Hussein who?

This brings me to another rant about our current medical care state. There is a commercial on lately about some inititive or something about how such and such hospital won't turn anyone away for medical treatment and how broke they are, yada yada. I for one, refuse to directly support any hospital with my money, tax dollars or vote until there is something done about the illegals getting everything scot-free. My vote to support them would go directly into the pockets of illegals while MY family gets to wait in line behind them for substandard medical care. It's a bunch of BS!

Another thing I will no longer directly support is money for city parks. While you might be able to use one during the week and other off hours, dont even think about trying to go on a weekend because they will be totally taken over by hispanics. It's like they own it or something. Drive by any park during the weekend in SoCal and you'll see what I mean. Go to the park on a Sunday afternoon and there is trash and debri left behind all over the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast