Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please Email Editor of Miami Herald About This

This article was in todays Miami Herald opinion section. I cannot find it on line to post. If someone does please add it.
    This has made me so angry that I need everyone's help in sending letters to the paper about it. Their email address for editorials is:

HeraldEd@MiamiHerald.com

U.S. A Melting Pot
    Alien. The name itself sounds derogatory. Some TV and radio commentators make it sound as if it is something bad. They thrive on it and make people hate each other in the process.
    They have labeled us as alien, foreign to the country, with allegiance to another land, strangers, outsiders. They want to make us feel as if we do not belong.
    Hating is not the answer, and we should not return to a time when hating was the standard, when blaming and killing others were common. This country is too noble for that.
    Blaming Mexicans, or Hispanics in general, for the use of our resources is just a cheap way of hiding intolerance. Foreigners like me pay taxes and want to make this country better.

Gustavo A. Mendez, Miami
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please Email Editor

I emailed the paper and politely asked them to inform Mr. Mendez that the word "alien" is not the issue. The word "ILLEGAL" is.

Blaming Mexicans, or Hispanics in general, for the use of our resources is just a cheap way of hiding intolerance. Foreigners like me pay taxes and want to make this country better

I love the play on words, they call themselves everything but illegal aliens in order to avoid turning the finger on themselves. As for paying taxes, illegals only legally pay sales taxes and if they own property they pay property taxes. Any other taxes they are paying are involuntary and due to identity theft, which is a small price to pay for willingly committing a felony.

As for wanting to make our country better, if they truly wanted to do that they would leave, and concentrate on making their own country better.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I think I will let him know how to put things in proper perspective. You must replace the words illegal alien, illegal immigrant or undocumented with terrorist and that will bring the reality of who they are supporting, assisting and encouraging to light. It's very hard to condone terrorist immigration.

Dixie

How to send letters to the editorThe Herald values its readers' letters. We receive far more than we can print, so we try to publish the most representative, interesting, and provocative. To give more readers a say, we condense letters. And we do not publish letter writers more often than once per 60 days. Letters must bear the writer's name, full address, and daytime phone number.

Fax: (305) 376-8950

Mail:
    The Readers' Forum
    The Miami Herald
    One Herald Plaza
    Miami, Florida 33132-1693
    E-mail: HeraldEd@MiamiHerald.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a copy of what I emailed.

I have no problem with legal immigrants. These people no matter what country or race played by the rules. They have had background checks. The government knows who they are. Illegals come here and many have committed crimes here starting with being here illegally. If they are working many bought fake SSNs or real stolen ones to be able to work. Americans are often becoming victims of identity theft due to illegals using their ID and therefore their names, an example of this would be the raids at the Swift Plants before Christmas. There have been numerous American citizens and residents that have received many tax forms from the IRS and that is how they learned about being a victim.
    As for costs to taxpayers when an illegal woman has a baby we pay for it as hospitals must admit her if she is in labor. They don't have the insurance to pay for it in most cases as employers who hire them don't offer it. Once that baby is born it is considered American and is entitled to food stamps and other benefits that we the taxpayers pay for. Many people use those benefits.
    When it comes to other crime both sides lose. Illegals are often targeted as many carry a large amount of cash on them. Americans lose due to identity theft as perviously mentioned and violent gangs. Some of the illegals from Central American brought their teenage gang members with them and now we have their violent gangs like MS-13 here in South Florida. These gangs first appeared in the areas of Dade County where the parents were working on farms. There are also many illegals that are caught by ICE during their raids which have criminal records. Last month according to an article in this newspaper 424 undocumented immigrants were deported and 131 had criminal convictions.

swatchick,

I'm so proud of you. What a way to watch what is going on locally and to be an activist!

Also, you might check out the Miami Herald's Speak Up section on immigraton. You can leave a comment online.

http://forums.miami.com/n/mb/message.as ... .145&ctx=1

Dixie

Good work Swatchick. No lipstick on the pig allowed.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: the use of the term 'alien'...

It has nothing to do with hate or stereotyping of anybody.
    The term 'alien' is the one used the most in US immigration /
    naturalization laws and has a specific definition.

Good catch Swatchick.