Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Did Tancredo discuss Romney's position on after IAs register, how soon thereafter do they have to go home? This is a crucial queston, as if it is a prolonged period, it de facto becomes a sort of permanent residency program.

Romney campaign spokesman Matt Rhoades said Tuesday: "Gov. Romney has consistently opposed amnesty or any special path to citizenship or permanent residence for those here illegally. To become eligible for permanent residence, he believes they should get at the end of the line with the millions of people who have applied to legally come to the U.S."

So if they have to get to the end of the line, it's important that Romney states what is the set period of time of when they have to go home and get to the back of the line.
    In Mitt Romney's mind that 'end of the line' starts right here in the USA.
    You are saying this, he did NOT.
    What part of this...
    But my view is that those 12 million who've come here illegally should be given the opportunity to sign up to stay here
    do you NOT understand????
    Obviously, Tancredo discussed this with him. And, obviously, Tancredo felt that Romney was not going to give these people amnesty----as he said that he SPECIFICALLY addressed this issue with Romney----and was very happy and confident with his answers and plans.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

'Here's the deal' --- as Ross would say.

It is quite possible that Romney assured Tancredo he would do this. It is possible Tancredo believes him or perhaps he thinks he is the best evil to win the election and it's him or nothing.

But it doesn't matter what he says, he will do what he wants when he is in office.

He can always say he just couldn't get it done, or he can say 'times have changed and the people want so and so'.

They are capable of weasling out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    'Here's the deal' --- as Ross would say.

It is quite possible that Romney assured Tancredo he would do this. It is possible Tancredo believes him or perhaps he thinks he is the best evil to win the election and it's him or nothing.

But it doesn't matter what he says, he will do what he wants when he is in office.

He can always say he just couldn't get it done, or he can say 'times have changed and the people want so and so'.

They are capable of weasling out.
    EVERY single one of them could change their minds while in office!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Romney needs to clarify his MTP comments, as I have said several times. And I hope the line for IAs he is talking about begins in their home countries which they would have to back to in a short amount of time. But it seems Ron Paul supporters and others keep missing the broader point, Paul is not gonna win, and Rudy, Huck and McCain vigorously support amnesty, and have no track record of fighting illegal immigration (unlike Romney). And all the Dems are abysmal on this issue. Romney would be easier to keep on our side.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The very first votes have yet to be cast and you claim Paul can't win...

I say he can, and based on the numbers I've been seeing, of donors, meetup groups, blogs, signs, banners, discussions, bumper stickers, etc., the odds of my being right are pretty darned good.

Banned
    There are 300 million people in this country

Pauls isolationist stand turns off many people

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    There are 300 million people in this country

Pauls isolationist stand turns off many people
    And EVERYONE else's amnesty stand turns off more...

Please hel me understand....

I just read something that made great sense to me. It said that Tancredo endorsed Romney because his Senior Advisor Bay Buchanan specifically urged him to. Evidentally Buchanan is a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Romney's Mormon Church), and her opinion carries great weight with Tancredo. It said he did so despite the reservations of others who worked on his campaign, and perhaps because Romney specifically promised to assist Tancredo if he runs for the Senate. I think this is all Bad News, especially reports that Tancredo will now be actively campaigning for Romney!

"The American Spectator"
    "Washington Prowler
    "Why MITT?
    By The Prowler
    Published 12/21/2007"

My apology if this point was already posted.

Re: Please hel me understand....

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    I just read something that made great sense to me. It said that Tancredo endorsed Romney because his Senior Advisor Bay Buchanan specifically urged him to. Evidentally Buchanan is a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Romney's Mormon Church), and her opinion carries great weight with Tancredo. It said he did so despite the reservations of others who worked on his campaign, and perhaps because Romney specifically promised to assist Tancredo if he runs for the Senate. I think this is all Bad News, especially reports that Tancredo will now be actively campaigning for Romney!

"The American Spectator"
    "Washington Prowler
    "Why MITT?
    By The Prowler
    Published 12/21/2007"

My apology if this point was already posted.
    Is there a link? I find this hard to believe as Pat B is a staunch Catholic and I thought Bay was the same.

All I can say is that Tom Tancredo is nobody's puppet. If he didn't believe this endorsement was the right thing to do for our country, he wouldn't have done it.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw