Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pledge against hiring illegal catches on with companies!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/st ... _1101.html

"In an effort to change the system, he started a Web site — www.ProAmericaCompanies.com — where companies can sign a pledge that they will not "knowingly hire illegal or undocumented workers" and report anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally.

The ProAmerica Web site was launched in June and already has 920 businesses on board in 44 states, including Georgia, Marlett says. It has also led to donations and a plan to open a ProAmerica lobbying office in Washington. Several regional chapters are also sprouting across the country.

ProAmerica is a nonprofit organization and companies do not have to pay to be posted on the site.

Although no one is verifying that the companies are honoring the pledge, Marlett said their word is enough. "We either trust or we go home," he said.

Marlett said his group is "not hard line" and does not want to insult illegal immigrants, who he likens to indentured servants."

Everyone needs to support these companies. Read the whole article at the above link.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Is there a place on the home page to find the list of nationwide companies that are members? Can this be accessed without joining?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, click the banner that changes: Doubleclick here for ProAmerica companies. It's under the join free button. I'm still looking it all over and have already recommended some small businesses I know will not hire illegals.
    "

It's not working for me - but I don't want to just find them in my area.

I am interested in finding a complete list nationwide.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Trixie,

It looks like it goes by state and you have to pick each state from the drop down menu to get lists. One the left side they have logos of national companies who have commented or committed.
    "

OK, I got it - had to do something with pop up blocker that wouldn't let me open it.

It seems like a good idea - I didn't find any on there I am familiar with and none in my area -

Something was posted about this company some months ago and they had a Pilgrim's Pride logo on the home page and lauded them as Pro America because they had supposedly terminated some illegals. I found this odd - but the man did come and address it.

In all fairness we need to present the other side here also,

We need to give equal time to those employers that Hire these Illegals.

sp

Feel free to add to this list.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law