Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pledge Allegiance

Is this still being said in your children's schools? I knew my elementary school aged kids were saying it every morning, but recently was happy to hear that in my 8th graders middle school they still get up and say it every morning. (and it's done in ENGLISH,lol)
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Ooops that was supposed to be "Pledge OF Allegiance" don't know where the "of" went

Banned

Re: Pledge Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs
    Is this still being said in your children's schools? I knew my elementary school aged kids were saying it every morning, but recently was happy to hear that in my 8th graders middle school they still get up and say it every morning. (and it's done in ENGLISH,lol)

From pre schhol to high school every day with out exception one kid leads it as two raise the flags
    And so do I till the day we die

My high schooler spent three days at home with me last school year because several kids of the Hispanic orgin refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance, at his former school.

The students refused to say it claiming that was not their flag, so my very non PC, very vocal, son told them to get the hell out our of the country, but using extremely non PC language

I know that my boys, both in high school say it daily...
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    My high schooler spent three days at home with me last school year because several kids of the Hispanic orgin refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance, at his former school.

The students refused to say it claiming that was not their flag, so my very non PC, very vocal, son told them to get the hell out our of the country, but using extremely non PC language

I love your son...and as for those kids, they should not be allowed to attend our American schools...ack...now there was a kid when I was growing up that would leave the class because he was a Jehovah's Witness (I think) and for some reason they weren't allowed to say it. But he would silently step out of the classroom every morning, never disrespectful about it. Oh, I just want to smack those obnoxious kids!

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs

I love your son...and as for those kids, they should not be allowed to attend our American schools...ack...now there was a kid when I was growing up that would leave the class because he was a Jehovah's Witness (I think) and for some reason they weren't allowed to say it. But he would silently step out of the classroom every morning, never disrespectful about it. Oh, I just want to smack those obnoxious kids!
    So did he! He became very outspoken until it came down to his safety. I have never taught my kids to run from anything, but that situation (the school) was too far out of control... And still is... We have had several of his friends in Gwinnett ask to stay with us so that they could go to Cobb schools... That says it all to me!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Well good for him to stand up for what is right, but you are correct, there's a point where it's just not safe anymore. And it's so unfair that his safety was even jeopardized in that manner...it never should have been an issue. Those ungrateful kids shouldn't be in our schools.

I remember in the late 60's in H.S., it was the first time that anyone had refused to stand for the Pledge. It was a big "scandal" at the time - the kid was doing it because he didn't like what we were doing in Vietnam or something.

Anyway, he was allowed to stay sitting. We were all in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    I remember in the late 60's in H.S., it was the first time that anyone had refused to stand for the Pledge. It was a big "scandal" at the time - the kid was doing it because he didn't like what we were doing in Vietnam or something.

Anyway, he was allowed to stay sitting. We were all in shock.
    LOL, and don't you wish that kind of behavior is the worst we see now? And to be shocked over it too,lol...now sadly nothing shocks us

JRB

GRITS,
    Sounds like they need a bus that goes all the way to the border and drops those that dont want to pledge allegance in their Contry of origin. Good for your Son. May I ask what the Principal said to you and your son?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast