Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poe on Corvette Lawsuit

Mr. POE . Mr. Speaker, in Chicago, a 22-year-old woman is suing a Spanish language radio station. It seems she won a Corvette in the station's raffle, but the station won't give it to her. Why? Because she would not produce any identification. You see, a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number is required by law of the winner to get this type of prize because the winner must pay Federal taxes on the Corvette. The radio station strictly adheres to FCC contest rules. This person did not have either document. Why? Because she is illegally in the United States and because she won't pay the taxes, so the Corvette was withheld.

Never mind the station followed the law and the illegal is breaking the law by being in our country. She is now suing the radio station because she wants the Vette. She is also suing because of emotional distress. What arrogance this illegal has. The lawsuit should be thrown out of court, and when she gets to the courthouse they should put her in the jailhouse and deport her.

And that's just the way it is.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Ah, yes...the land of opportunity.

She is also suing because of emotional distress.
    ...well then we ALL have a case to sue, what with all the stress we've suffered!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

What we need is some kind of legislation against all these lawsuits tying up our court system by people who are breaking the law by being here in the first place. Am I missing something? Does our contstitution give rights to illegal people living here in our country to bring all these lawsuits against us? If so, then we need some kind of amendment stopping this, what do the rest of you think about this? Crocket, what do you know, that could help stop the insanity of all these law suits brought forth by illegals, any way to stop them?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Do we know which Spanish Station did this? For the most part they are all in favor of illegals and this is a big surprise to me. I would think that most spanish stations would hand it over on a silver platter. At least this station did the right thing! I would like to say that it was the honorable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    What we need is some kind of legislation against all these lawsuits tying up our court system by people who are breaking the law by being here in the first place. Am I missing something? Does our contstitution give rights to illegal people living here in our country to bring all these lawsuits against us? If so, then we need some kind of amendment stopping this, what do the rest of you think about this? Crocket, what do you know, that could help stop the insanity of all these law suits brought forth by illegals, any way to stop them?
    We have seen this kind of thing going on and I'm tired of it also. This is ridiculous! The Station should have taken the next step and called ICE.
    I agree with what you are saying with regard to legislation. Do we have any attorneys on this board that know a thing or two about these kinds of issues?

MW
    gusgriswald wrote:

Do we know which Spanish Station did this? For the most part they are all in favor of illegals and this is a big surprise to me. I would think that most spanish stations would hand it over on a silver platter. At least this station did the right thing! I would like to say that it was the honorable thing to do.
    The law is the law. I'm sure the radio station does wish they could give her the car, but I'm betting their desire to give her the car doesn't override their fear of IRS.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    We have seen this kind of thing going on and I'm tired of it also. This is ridiculous! The Station should have taken the next step and called ICE.
    I agree with what you are saying with regard to legislation. Do we have any attorneys on this board that know a thing or two about these kinds of issues?
    I remember this article. The prizewinner moved so as to hide from ICE. That is why she has an attorney working on this. I'd imagine that is the source of the emotional distress.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Absolutely sickening. Only in America can an illegal alien (criminal) enter a contest, win a prize, can't produce documents to get the prize (which she'll end up selling to send the cash home to her country), cry foul, sue a radio station to get the prize and for emotional distress. Since she is in this country illegally, she has no right to win anything. If the courts side with her, I think I'll vomit out of disgust. DEPORT HER NOW!!!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Poe on Corvette

My guess is that the radio station will give her the car. To settle the lawsuit, the radio station will pay the tax, title and registration fees.
    Then the lucky winner will be driving around with NO LICENSE and NO INSURANCE.

That's the way our legal system works in regards to Illegal aliens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast