http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10186774/detail.html

Police Looking For Charlotte Man Suspected Of Raping A Child

POSTED: 12:10 am EST October 30, 2006

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police are searching a southwest Charlotte neighborhood for the man they believe raped a young girl early Saturday.

Investigators said the man, 22-year-old Jose Alajandro Herrera Tovar, lives in the same apartment complex as the child. They said Tovar lives with his parents on Hilary Circle, and they believe he is still in the area around Nations Ford Road.

Many officers spent the entire weekend canvassing the area, looking for any sign of the 5-foot-8-inch, 150-pound man.

According to police, Tovar broke into the victim's home, abducted her and then raped her in a wooded area. They said he knew the girl's family.

Tovar's parents told Eyewitness News they don't know where he is and they're worried. They said they don't believe the accusations.

"It's hard for me, because I know him. He's a good boy," his father said.

Police plan to charge illegal immigrant from Mexico with breaking and entering, kidnapping and rape.

Some neighbors in the area are now worried about the safety of their children and themselves.

"I live in this neighborhood and it's like I come out to take out the trash so what makes you think he's not going to come after me?" said Sylena Simpson.

Others are still in shock.

Neighbor Maria Santos told Eyewitness News she doesn't think Tovar would do such a horrible thing because he's a good man.

Police said they have a few leads in the case but they still don't know exactly where the man is.

They're asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (704) 335-1600.

Should write to Mayor Pat McCrory explaining incidents like this which occur on a daily basis in Charlotte are the reason thousands of us will see to it he is never reelected as Mayor of this town. Also, to our
Governor Easley, the same.