Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police Officer Jailed When dog bites illegal alien!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My gosh, what is going on in this country? This is an injustice if ever I saw one! Had the perps been LEGAL AMERICANS, this would never have happened to this police officer. This makes me furious!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's snopes version of what happened.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/mohr.asp
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is such Bullsh!T, i am sick and tired of this crap!

T

Sometimes...sometimes...sometimes....I just want to go tear things down brick by brick...This politically correct stuff has gone waaaaaaay too far.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Read

the article and commentary on the snopes site that Brian put up before losing your cool. It seems there is a lot more than meets the eye here.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Banned
    That Snopes article sure cooled my indignance...

think u should all read the link Brian posted.. i dont think she's so innocent

Always be suspicious when they ask you for money.

edit: except when it's Alipac.

-pa

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's an old article I managed to find along with a copy of the summary from her appeal of the case in court.

http://www.newinvestigator.com/articles ... appeal.pdf

http://www.washingtonpost.com

Ex-Detective Admits Exaggerating Report In Police Dog Attack
    Pr. George's Officers Contradicted
    By Ruben Castaneda
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, March 10, 2001; Page B04

A former Takoma Park police detective testified yesterday that he "exaggerated" in his police report about an alleged attempted burglary by two homeless men to cover for a Prince George's County police officer who released a police dog on one of the unarmed men.

Brian Rich, the former detective, admitted in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt that his report -- which described the man's movements as "aggressive and threatening" just before the dog was released -- was overdrawn and "too much."

Under cross-examination by Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven M. Dettelbach, Rich also admitted that he told a federal grand jury last fall that when he wrote the report, he believed in the practice of "CYB," or "cover your butt." Rich admitted that his report was longer than usual because he was worried that the dog attack behind a Takoma Park printing shop was improper.

Rich testified that he charged the bitten man and a companion with fourth-degree burglary even though he could find no evidence of a break-in attempt at the print shop and believed that the two were probably homeless and sleeping on the roof.

Rich also contradicted testimony by his co-defendants, Officer Stephanie C. Mohr and Sgt. Anthony Delozier, both of the Prince George's County police.

Mohr testified Wednesday that she released her dog because she was worried that the man was moving toward an escape route. Rich testified that there was no way the man and his companion could escape because they were surrounded by officers, some with their guns drawn. At least one officer, perhaps two, was guarding the alley that Mohr said the man might have been moving toward, Rich testified.

As the second week of the trial came to a close, Rich testified that he told the grand jury that he was so "disgusted" by the dog attack that he was almost sick to his stomach. Rich testified that he told the grand jury that nothing happened that called for the dog's release.

Rich, Mohr and Delozier are on trial for federal civil rights violations in connection with the Sept. 21, 1995, incident.

Mohr, 30, and Delozier, 39, are each charged with deprivation of rights and conspiracy under color of law. Rich, who is now an FBI agent, is charged with being an accessory after the fact.

Federal prosecutors allege that Ricardo G. Mendez and Jorge Herrera-Cruz complied with police commands to come down from the printing shop roof with their hands up. At that point, prosecutors allege, Delozier asked a Takoma Park police sergeant whether Mohr's dog could "get a bite"; the sergeant said yes; and Delozier had Mohr release her dog, which severely bit Mendez's left calf.

Prosecutors allege that Rich, trying to cover up the attack, charged Mendez and Herrera-Cruz with fourth-degree burglary and wrote a false police report.

The government has named a third county police officer, James Santos, as an unindicted co-conspirator. Prosecutors allege that as the dog attacked Mendez, Santos beat Herrera-Cruz for no reason.

Retired Takoma Park police sergeant Dennis W. Bonn has pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact. Bonn and Takoma Park Police Officer Keith Largent have testified, confirming the prosecution's account that Delozier got permission from Bonn, then had Mohr release her dog on an unresisting, unthreatening Mendez.

Under questioning by Dettelbach, Rich testified that he was trained as a police officer and FBI agent to include all important details in police reports. Rich admitted that he left many details out of the report that he filed on the incident.

Rich acknowledged that he did not note that Mendez was bitten by the police dog, writing only that he was "detained by the canine"; that he did not note that he believed releasing the dog was unreasonable and improper; and that he did not note that the items he found on the roof indicated that Mendez and Herrera-Cruz were homeless. They included a toothpaste box, a container of deodorant, cracked crabs and a piece of carpet that the men said they slept on.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast