Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police officer Murdered in Cleveland

A police officer was killed around midnight (am) Thursday in Cleveland while serving a warrant.

Now trying to verify if the suspect is an illegal alien or not.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

I do know he was from the Pittsburgh area He had just become a father.

Steve,
    Please keep us posted on what you find out on this.
    I hate hearing about things like this, my daughter and son in law are Police Officers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.a ... ryid=56310

Here is a link to the press conference regarding the officer's shooting. I listened for 15 minutes and no one asked about the immigration status of suspect, Santiago

http://wwwCity Mourns Officer Jonathon Schroeder's Death

Aug 31, 2006 02:24 PM EDT

Cleveland, OH - Flags fly at half-mast in the city of Cleveland today to honor a life tragically cut short.

Cleveland First District Detective Officer A.J. Schroeder was shot and killed in the line of duty early Thursday morning.

Officer Schroeder was fatally shot while trying to serve an arrest warrant to 37-year-old Wilson Santiago for rape and burglary.

The shooting occurred just before midnight at a home at 2033 W.98th near Madison Ave. Officer Schroeder was grouped together in a unit at the last minute to head out to the home.

The unit was trying to enter the house when Santiago, from inside the home, shot two rounds off through the door with a 357 Magnum weapon, one of which slipped under Officer Schroeder's bullet-proof vest, clipping his heart.

Wilson Santiago was taken into custody after he came out of the home and surrendered. Santiago is currently sitting in jail. No charges have been filed at this time.

Officer A.J. Schroeder was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Commander Ed Tomba of the Cleveland Police Department spoke of Tactic Review:

"It doesn't seem like anything was out of whack, but we lost an Officer"

.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=5349701

Steelerbabe's
    I listened for 15 minutes and no one asked about the immigration status of suspect, Santiago
    I hope we will know the answer to this asap. No matter what the answer is it is extremely sad, but if the suspect is an illegal alien......it means that if our immigration laws were being enforced, this American citizen, police officer and new father would be alive right now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is one of the reasons I could never be a cop after being in combat.
    If one of my fellow Officers were shot down the shooter would never come out alive!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    This is one of the reasons I could never be a cop after being in combat.
    If one of my fellow Officers were shot down the shooter would never come out alive!
    Mountaindog, I agree on that one. Even the Bible says 'an eye for an eye.'
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I have the deepest respect possible for police officers who put their lives onj the line every day.If the suspect is an illegal and is guilty it makes the crime even more heinous because illegals should not be here in the first place.

http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=5352616&nav=menu68_2

Funeral Arrangements For AJ Schroeder

Aug 31, 2006 07:27 PM EDT

Cleveland, OH - Funeral arrangements have been made for a Cleveland police officer struck down in the prime of his life.

Jonathan "AJ" Schroeder will be laid to rest on Tuesday, September 5th at the A. Pipepi and Sons Funeral Home in Middleburg Heights.

Bishop Richard Lennon will preside over a funeral mass at 11 AM Wednesday at the Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist.

The fallen officer will be buried in Good Shepherd Cemetery in his old hometown of Monroeville, PA - near Pittsburgh.

http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=5351712&nav=menu68_2

Jonathan Schroeder Memorial Fund

Aug 31, 2006 05:25 PM EDT

Cleveland, OH - The Cleveland Police Union has set up a fund for their fallen brother.

If you would like to make a donation, please do so to the address listed below:

Jonathan Schroeder Memorial Fund
    2301 Payne Avenue
    Cleveland, OH 44114

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast