Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Politicians Spread Fear for Big Business

"I think we're in for a real shock when these Social Security letters hit,'' he said of the Labor Department initiative to curb the use of false identifications by illegal workers. "They're going to eliminate a vast part of the labor force in this country.''
    Quote: Senator Arlen Specter
    Note: Specter is one of the primary sellout Senators.

I read this quote today and I just had to respond. I've seen this same fear mongering coming out of the Chamber of Commerce, agra-business and other big business special interest groups like Texas Association of Business and the Texas Employers for Immigration Reform, which this week distributed an Op-Ed. Also, I shouldn't leave the illegal alien supporters out of this and their hack labor unions.

Those no-match letters are going to hit during the 4th quarter, or after Sept. Most companies see a drop in business and sales during the winter months.

Who harvest anything in the dead of winter? So there will be nothing to rot.

Who is vacationing in the dead of winter? Most of us do that in the summer so there will be no hotel rooms to clean.

Who builds homes in the dead of winter? Most building occurs during the summer months so no one needs a brick layer or roofer from the day labor site.

Who mows the grass in the dead of winter? Gardeners and landscapers are not very busy in the winter because the grass and shrubs don't grow and they sure can't plant anything.

Who drives tucks in the dead of winter? Road and building construction, farm to market, tourist transportation... all decline when winter approaches. Well, the exceptions would be show plows and trash trucks.

My point being, there will not be any job shortages in the coming months because of the no-match letters. Most of these companies that hire illegal aliens are seasonal and will have a down turn of business during the winter months. Perfect time to get rid of the illegal alien staff.

All the pickers, maids, day labors, landscapers and truckers wont we working because those are seasonal jobs. Looks like those no-match letters are coming at the right time of year, considering those businesses that thrive on cheap labor will still be over-staffed from the summer months and can afford to terminate the illegal alien workers.

When the illegals receive their notice to go to the Social Security office, they should just go pack their bags and go home this winter and don't come back because their jobs will be filled by Americans next year.

When you think the dog is being wagged, it really is.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    My point being, there will not be any job shortages in the coming months because of the no-match letters. Most of these companies that hire illegal aliens are seasonal and will have a down turn of business during the winter months. Perfect time to get rid of the illegal alien staff.
    Absolutely!!!! Round em' up and head em' out!!!!

What we should do is offer the Mexican Government the money that we normally pay each year for these illegal's. We also need to use them to build the fence. That money would also go back into the Mexican Government's pocket. That would give them one year to fix the fix they are in. However you and I know what will happen to that money. It will go to the pockets of Mexico's officals.
    Gosh this sounds familar. Pockets of politicans?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I think we're headed into an economic recession anyway.
    Sheesh!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you are right.

I wish someone would show me anything this government is doing that would cause fear for big business?

My oh my, just listen to the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth - and then look where it's all coming from! That's right, folks, this fear-mongering campaign is brought to you by the very people who, (surprise, surprise) stand to gain the most by having the continued and uninterrupted use of illegal labor at slave wages, and of course, the illegals themselves, and their traitorous, pandering supporters! I suppose the old adage we have down South is true, "It's the hit dog that hollers!", and sure enough, look at which groups of wailing coyotes are making the noise!

Personally, I rejoice in their discomfort, and I wonder just how many of them realize how much the rest of us ordinary Americans would like to apply the figurative boot to their collective backsides, considering that's about what these corporations, politicians, and illegal advocacy groups have been literally doing to us for years now!

Excuse me if I weep no tears for any of these blasted scofflaws, but at the moment, I'm too busy laughing at them!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Gadfly

Just my opinion, but it is all smoke and mirrors. This charade is being put on for our benefit -

They want us to think the government is doing something - but so far they haven't. The rules have no teeth - and they give them 90 days to fix the problem - and they are increasing the temp workers.

So, the complaining is just show and tell.

This is the Bush plan. He wants corportations to put the pressure on congress to pass reform. We just need to exert more pressure on Congress then the coporations do.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Specter said the Social Security letters are going to "eliminate a vast part of the labor force in this country" ?! If he said anything close to this, then he is a liar, or he is losing his grip on reality. As was just revealed, the alleged Bush "crackdown" has been already been revealed to be a sham as when the Social Security Administration warns employers about bogus identification numbers, it cannot alert the Department of Homeland Security, the agency that's supposed to hand out penalties.

http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_66 ... ck_check=1

Hang it up Specter, the American people reject your latest amnesty scheme and your continuing extreme open borders stance.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Gadfly

Just my opinion, but it is all smoke and mirrors. This charade is being put on for our benefit -

They want us to think the government is doing something - but so far they haven't. The rules have no teeth - and they give them 90 days to fix the problem - and they are increasing the temp workers.

So, the complaining is just show and tell.
    Well, if it is, then we need to keep holding our elected officials' feet to the fire; after all, election year is almost upon us, and as we know, nothing makes a political jellyfish grow some semblance of a spine faster than the fear of leaving office....involuntarily!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast