Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Poll: Immigrants taking jobs

Accidently stumbled upon the following poll.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/

Do you think the immigrants coming to this country today take jobs away from American citizens, or do they mostly take jobs Americans don't want? It will...

Take jobs away

Take Unwanted Jobs

Take some of both

I am unsure

Times-News Web Poll: Immigration and Jobs
    Take jobs away 104 votes 45.6%
    Take Unwanted Jobs 47 votes 20.6%
    Take some of both 77 votes 33.8%
    I am unsure 0 votes 0%
    Total Votes: 228
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Voted. Thanks Brian!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I voted they "take away the jobs" as did the majority but I'm a little disappointed the majority "yes" vote wasn't much higher given the majority of US legal citizens have an average of a more 80%.

I often don't get around to posting a response to an ALIPAC forum topic even though I'm interested, but whenever I see a poll mentioned I always vote and in a way favorable to the views of those involved, like me, in the fight to secure borders, deport illegals, reject free trade agreements, etc. I don't always get around to posting a reply though that I did vote, but vote I do. Thanks for letting us know about this poll and keep em' coming and I'll keep on voting even if I don't always send a response that yes I did vote.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

The battle cry from the pro illegal immigration is almost always a mis-stated quote ie: "The come here to do the jobs Americans won't do" What they mean to say is "The come here to do the jobs Americans won't do, for coolie labor wages". Maybe American workers have a little pride not to be used like cheap burros. Meat packers made $14.50 an hour in 1985 and they make $6.00 today, has anyone noticed that a dramatic drop in the prices of chicken or beef???
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Well, you really need to look at the way the poll was structured and add it will take jobs away + take unwanted jobs away + take some of both away to get the true picture. What is an unwanted job in America? A job that doesn't pay enough to be wanted? Right.

Pay enough for the job to be wanted and it moves right into the take jobs away category!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Times-News Web Poll: Immigration and Jobs
    Take jobs away 123 votes 44.9%
    Take Unwanted Jobs 57 votes 20.8%
    Take some of both 94 votes 34.3%
    I am unsure 0 votes 0%
    Total Votes: 274

I voted! We know they are taking them.
    The line separating good & evil passes not through states, nor between political parties either--but right through every human heart.

http://www.alipac.org/forum-faq-bbcode.html
    August 10, 2005
    National Data, By Edwin S. Rubenstein
    Employment Report Shows Immigrants Displacing Americans……Again

July’s better than expected payroll numbersâ€â€
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Just thinking

Some things that I have been thinking about. What do you think.

Jobs being outsourced and others being taken by illegals...squeeze out middle class America
    affordable housing either not being built (not enough profit for the greedy builders and corporations) or being taken by illegals...middle class America being squeezed out
    gasoline consumption up (illegals use gas and they love those big trucks), so we buy a more affordable car (car payment) to try and save gas...more bills for middle class America
    food prices up because gas prices up...harder for middle class America to feed OUR families
    illegals getting free health care and education...middle class America foots the bill and OUR health care suffers as well as OUR childrens education
    both parents have to work to survive...middle class American children left alone while parents work..DANGER....pedophiles running rampant preying on our children
    ER's and trauma centers closing due to not being able to absorb the costs of treating illegals.........hope middle class American does not need emergency care

The poor get government assistance, the rich don't need it. Where do you think middle class America is headed? Extinction!

Do I think this is planned? yes Do I think our government and others are behind this? yes Do I see this Country becoming only rich and poor? yes Do I think the illegal invasion has been planned and well thought out to serve the interest of the greedy rich... yes
    Do I see all the dots connecting toward our destruction...yes
    Do I think our miltary are being purposefully distracted and sacrificed elsewhere so that they cannot interfer with Bush's destruction of America...yes

Care to add to the list?

Just my thoughts.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Look for it on MSM sometime real soon!!

I'm still holding my breath....

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    Do I think this is planned? yes Do I think our government and others are behind this? yes Do I see this Country becoming only rich and poor? yes Do I think the illegal invasion has been planned and well thought out to serve the interest of the greedy rich... yes
    Do I see all the dots connecting toward our destruction...yes
    Do I think our miltary are being purposefully distracted and sacrificed elsewhere so that they cannot interfer with Bush's destruction of America...yes
    Ohflyingone, you're not the only one who thinks this way. I posted this letter to the editor the other day in this forum. (I just copied the first 2 paragraphs.)

http://www.alipac.org/ftopict-8014.html
    I read an article about 25 years ago in which the author predicted that by the turn of the century the average American worker would be competing for low-wage jobs. The writer said that this would be a contrived situation brought on by the collusion of global corporate interest, the object being to create in America a Third World labor pool.

He said that this would be accomplished in three ways: squashing of unions, exportation of good-paying jobs, and flooding the labor market with illegal immigrants. The first two parts of the prophecy have been nearly fulfilled. The president, having won re-election, and having promises to keep and capital to spend, now has four years in which to fulfill the latter part.

Here's a CIS article with more statistics :

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back1104.html
    A Jobless Recovery? Immigrant Gains and Native Losses - Oct 2004

Among our findings:

Between March of 2000 and 2004, the number of unemployed adult natives increased by 2.3 million, while the number of employed adult immigrants increased by 2.3 million.

Half of the 2.3 million increase in immigrant employment since 2000 is estimated to be from illegal immigration.

In addition to a growth in unemployment, the number of working age (18 to 64) natives who left the labor force entirely has increased by four million since 2000.

Even over the last year the same general pattern holds. Of the 900,000 net increase in jobs between March 2003 and 2004, two-thirds went to immigrant workers, even though they account for only 15 percent of all adult workers.

In just the last year, 1.2 million working-age natives left the labor force, and say that they are not even trying to find a job.

Immigrant job gains have occurred throughout the labor market, with more than two-thirds of their employment gains among workers who have at least a high school degree.

There is little evidence that immigrants take only jobs Americans don’t want. Even those occupations with the highest concentrations of new immigrants still employ millions of native-born workers.

The decline in native employment was most pronounced in states where immigrants increased their share of workers the most.

Occupations with the largest immigrant influx tended to have the highest unemployment rates among natives.

The states with the largest increase in the number of immigrants holding jobs were Texas, North Carolina, Maryland, Georgia, California, Arizona, New Jersey, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

Of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, the biggest increases in immigrant employment were in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Dallas, Houston, New York, and Seattle.

Recent immigration has had no significant impact on the nation’s age structure. If the 6.1 million immigrants (in and out of the labor force) who arrived after 2000 had not come, the average age in America would be virtually unchanged at 36 years.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast