Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Polling Point - what is their deal?

I participate in polling point surveys. I get to do two because they somehow have both of my email addresses. This week the polls were much longer, asking me how I voted, opinions on voting issues and our elected officials. I answered honestly about how I voted and then I was asked these two mysterious questions:

Do you have any guns or revolvers in your home or garage?
    Yes
    No
    Not sure
    Do you drive or own a pickup truck?
    Yes
    No

Are they implying that I am some kind of redneck because I vote mostly conservative? I found these questions to be rude and irrelevant. I made sure to add some strong comments at the end of the survey. Are they some kind of liberal investigative service? Anyone else have any experience with them?

PS- I have both a gun and a truck. SO WHAT?!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Maybe there's other interests wanting to know who has guns and who doesn't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I took the same survey. It was quite long actually, but there were also many questions regarding my Senator Dole and Burr. They were asking about different issues regarding immigration, estate taxes, etc. and asked how I thought they voted on those issues. Then, they asked questions such as do you live in a rural area on in the city.

But I did get in my 2 cents that illegal immigration was my number one issue in this year's elections.

Re: Polling Point - what is their deal?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    I participate in polling point surveys. I get to do two because they somehow have both of my email addresses. This week the polls were much longer, asking me how I voted, opinions on voting issues and our elected officials. I answered honestly about how I voted and then I was asked these two mysterious questions:

Do you have any guns or revolvers in your home or garage?
    Yes
    No
    Not sure
    Do you drive or own a pickup truck?
    Yes
    No

Are they implying that I am some kind of redneck because I vote mostly conservative? I found these questions to be rude and irrelevant. I made sure to add some strong comments at the end of the survey. Are they some kind of liberal investigative service? Anyone else have any experience with them?

PS- I have both a gun and a truck. SO WHAT?!

hahahahaha, TexasCowgirl, your reply here just cracked me up, esp the are they implying that I am some kind of redneck!!!!! fell out laughing, I to have a truck and a one of those things we are not suppose to be mentioning here lol so I won't, guess I to am a redneck, can Indians be rednecks I wonder?In all seriousness, I don't think I would respond to a poll asking those kind of questions maybe I am just a little to distrustfull!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

GOD BLESS THE REDNECKS,, we (rednecks) will have to save America.. can you hear it???the hounds are barking, the horns are blowing and the illegals are running west bound...BTW we need to start a REDNECK PARTY.for the next election.. lol say it with me...rednecks rednecks rednecks..

It is pretty funny, but I'm certainly the furthest thing from a redneck. My husband owns two guns, and has for years. We only got a truck recently when we found we really did need to cars, and we bought a very small Nissan pickup just to have the bed to use when we need to move stuff. Now that I live in Texas, everyone wants to put me in that category, lol. I guess I better pick up some flannel shirts this weekend.

I completed the survey as well. In addition to the gun and truck questions, they also seemed to be testing the survey takers political IQ. For instance, many of the questions asked the taker to look at a picture of a government figure (Hassert was one) and identify them by choosing from 3 multiple choice answers. The following question would ask if you knew what government position this person held and, if so, there was a space to type your answer.

You're right, it was not the typical Polling Point survey.

I've noticed they have been leaning more and more to the left. I felt that the questions "shifted" after I answered about my voting, and opinions about some of the wacky dems that are running.

Don't knock the flanner shirts, they are very nice in the winter, and they have such wonderful colors bright and bold!
    Build the dam fence post haste!