Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Polls Reflecting American Sentiment

By Susan Page, USA TODAY
    WASHINGTON — As the Senate prepares to vote on a landmark immigration bill, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds that Americans who have an opinion about it are overwhelmingly opposed to the deal.
    By nearly 3-1, those who have a view say they're against the compromise supported by Senate Democratic leaders and President Bush. However, 58% of those surveyed say they don't know enough about the legislation to favor or oppose it.

The telephone poll of 1,007 adults was taken Friday through Sunday.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

how come these polsters never call me?

At least things seem to be looking up for America!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Polls Reflecting American Sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    By Susan Page, USA TODAY
    WASHINGTON — As the Senate prepares to vote on a landmark immigration bill, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds that Americans who have an opinion about it are overwhelmingly opposed to the deal.
    By nearly 3-1, those who have a view say they're against the compromise supported by Senate Democratic leaders and President Bush. However, 58% of those surveyed say they don't know enough about the legislation to favor or oppose it.

The telephone poll of 1,007 adults was taken Friday through Sunday.
    I saw that poll as well and it is astounding to me that 58% of those surveyed were so unfamiliar with the issue that they had no opinion. What do we do to reach them? t.v. ads? letters to the editor? grass roots effort at the community level?

I guess we have to do all of the above to get people's attention. But I think more and more people are becoming aware. The news media stifles the information by not reporting it. We have to stay on the media's butt to see that they do their job.