Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We don't have to bring troops back to have enough to defend the border. Many military posts have troops. Not all troops are in Iraq. Several thousand are just 50 miles from me at Ft. Knox, but there are others across US.

I hadn't thought of bringing the troops home - personally I would like them home.

I just don't think any laws needs to be repealed. We have an international border that has people coming over it illegally - people from all over the world. We are supposed to be 'at war with terror' - so what's the problem?

Man the border with soldiers - whether they be NG, regular military -reserves, etc. Personally I think it is more the job of the regular military than the NG - because it is an international border - not a state border. Even though President Bush and Fox talk of the border as if it were just a border between states - rather than between nations.

Soldiers have been on the border before to protect the US from unwanted people coming in - I just don't have a problem with it.

Perhaps, some of the land that belongs to individuals would have to have their permission - but I'll bet most of them would be very happy to see it happen - at least those who have to live there.

Someone has said the government is buying up property along the border - anyone else heard this?

But I agree, I think we have plenty of military to handle this. They could be there on short rotations.

The only thing that is keeping this from being done is the absolute refusal of this President to do anything about this situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only thing that is keeping this from being done is the absolute refusal of this President to do anything about this situation.
    I agree 100%. When you force someone (Bush) to do something it never gets done right. Bush only needs the telephone and backbone to get the job done, and we know there are telephones in the White House.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234