Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posters First Phase Of Immigration Boycott Groups Refuse To

Posters First Phase Of Immigration Boycott
    Groups Refuse To Obey New Immigration Law

POSTED: 6:45 pm EDT May 16, 2011
    UPDATED: 7:19 am EDT May 17, 2011

ATLANTA -- Some businesses across the Atlanta metro area said they plan to hang posters in their windows to let immigrants know they are a safe haven for illegals.

The posters are the latest, in a number of pro-immigration movements, to let Georgia's legislators know they disagree with the signing of House Bill 87, a controversial new immigration law, that mimics similar legislation passed in Arizona.

"We are going to be non-compliant," said Elizabeth Anderson. Anderson works at Charis Books and More in Little Five Points. Anderson said the poster, now hanging in her window, is a symbol of their disgust for the new law.

"If Immigration and Customs Enforcement come into our store, we will tell them to get a search warrant," said Anderson. "We are basically offering ourselves as a resource to the community. If people want to have a meeting here. We want immigrants to know this is a safe place. As safe as we cane me it. And being non-compliant, it means; come here feel safe. Know we will provide as many resources as possible," Anderson said.

The posters are part of numerous organizations that include Somos Georgia, "We Are Georgia," Southerners On New Ground, and Georgia Latino Alliance For Human Rights.

Governor Nathan Deal signed House Bill 87 into law on Friday.

The bill author State rep. Matt Ramsey, R-Peachtree City, said the bill is not racist, and merely enforces federal laws already on the books that the government isn't.

"The very best we can do, as a state, within the boundaries of the U.S and State Constitution to address the social and economic consequences of illegal immigration," Ramsey said.

"Illegal immigration places an incredible burden on Georgia taxpayers," said Deal. "With an illegal population estimated to be almost one half million the collective cost to our educational, health care and correctional infrastructure is in the billions," Deal said.

The new law goes into effect on July 1. Groups said there will be numerous protests that day

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/27915682/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I say "bust" the businesses that do that, along with the illegals....take away the businesses' permits!!!!

A few years back, when my home town decided to apply for the 287g program, illegals decided that stores should display a placard indicating their disapproval with the program. All the illegals vowed they would shop only at store with the placards. And what happened? Stores without the signs carried on as usual but the stores that displayed the anti-287g signs lost business.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Holding public meetings Huh! against Georgia's immigration laws!
    Well boys and girls "Shall we?"

1189 Euclid Ave NE
    Atlanta, GA 30307
    Neighborhood: Little Five Points
    (404) 524-0304
    www.charisbooksandmore.com

info@charisbooksandmore.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Ill bet those buisneses that take up for illegals will lose customers and they should.I hope all of them go broke.

Oh please. What a bunch of malarkey.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seriously? A demand for a warrant? Perhaps Ms. Anderson, and her employer, should do a little reading. ICE needs no warrant when apprehanding illegals. I hope they do display that poster. Then ICE will know where to look first! And customers, the U.S. citizen customers, will know where to stay away from...

Quote Originally Posted by geocal
    Seriously? A demand for a warrant? Perhaps Ms. Anderson, and her employer, should do a little reading. ICE needs no warrant when apprehanding illegals. I hope they do display that poster. Then ICE will know where to look first! And customers, the U.S. citizen customers, will know where to stay away from...
    Note also how Ms. Anderson refers to illegal aliens as "immigrants"? I am so sick of the spin and lies by the illegal alien sympathizers.