Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The power of the almighty DOLLAR!

A hands on way of circulating the anti-invasion message may be stamping or writing on US currency. This method has been used by various groups over time and is an effective way to move your message hand to hand.

An explanation of the legality first.
    "Won't I get into trouble for writing on my money?"
    This is, by far, the most commonly asked question and the answer is...

Not unless you're making them "unfit for recirculation" and, according to Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code, this is defined as "mutilating, cutting, disfiguring, perforating, uniting or cementing together, or doing anything else to a bank bill with the intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued". So, if you're only writing or stamping a message such as "No amnesty! Deport Illegal Aliens!" in NEAT lettering along one edge of the bill, you're certainly not making it "unfit for recirculation"!

Reproduction or alteration of currency with an intent to defraud does violate federal statutes; but using the greenback as a bulletin board for social protest does not. Article 331, Title 18 of the U.S. Code prohibits defacement of currency only if it is performed with such deceptive intent, or the depicted face value of the currency is altered in a significant way. How effective the tactic is remains to be seen. Would government suddenly take notice if hundreds of thousands or millions of bills were altered?

Here are some sample messages.
    "This is a PATRIOT dollar"
    "Vote for Amnesty and WE will vote YOU out!"
    "Illegal Immigrants are Illegal, not Immigrants"
    "Americans welcome LEGAL immigrants"
    Or make up your own slogans to print or stamp.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

I kinda like that idea. Not crazy about it, but I like it. But would we then find our opposition doing the same thing? In the long run, we would have some pretty bad looking currency, but this issue of immigration would find places where it may not have.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is just an assumption on my part, but I would say that the government probably filters out currency that has been marked and replaces with new bills. It could probably be as simple as making change between cash registers at a grocery store. I doubt they care what it actually written on the bills, but simply attempt to keep the paper money as clean and crisp as possible.

VERY INTERESTING.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    My son got into the "Wheres George" site. They have stamped bills and passed them on to encourage people to see where that bill had been, why not a really good message?

I'm doing it!! "Say no to illegal immigration & amnesty"!!

And best part, they will make their way into the hands of illegal aliens, and be strong message to them.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    This is just an assumption on my part, but I would say that the government probably filters out currency that has been marked and replaces with new bills. It could probably be as simple as making change between cash registers at a grocery store. I doubt they care what it actually written on the bills, but simply attempt to keep the paper money as clean and crisp as possible.
    The point is to get these bills circulating through as many hands as possible before they get pulled. Anyway it's a way to make YOUR views known. You can also write a link there to any website or news item instead of a message. For instance just saying "read this site---http://and name of site " many people will get on the computer curious to see what site it is. Maybe give the URL of an article by Michelle Malkin or the URL of Aztlan for instance (more likely the ones who will get on the computer are going to be non-illegals. Anyway that's another idea of how to use the power of the buck.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

great idea! $1.00 bills probably circulate faster than larger bills too
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

wow that's a great idea.. but if one is to do this try to refrain from listing this site or other sites that harbor american's with the same views (no amnesty, etc..) instead like someone posted write no amnesty, say no to illegal immigration. etc....great idea!!

At least, if it ever did become a problem; our government will understand we are not taking their deceptions lightly.

See I did miss this one , it's cool though I'll catch up. I woulkd say use 20's 50's and Hundreds also. WHo in their right mind would throw away a 20 or a 50 or a 100 dollar bill, they'll just cash it in and send right back into circulation!!. Ones they might rip up. If you have a dremel tool you can do quarters also....