Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: President Trump and the Black vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Trump and the Black vote

By Raynard Jackson (NNPA Newswire Columnist) 13 hrs ago

President Trump was voted into the white House in 2016 on the backs of the so-called, blue-collar workers, who live in the industrial Midwest of the country and a few southern battleground states. These folks reside in states like Wisconsin (Trump +.7), Michigan (Trump + .3), Ohio (Trump + 8.1), Florida (Trump + 1.2), and Pennsylvania (Trump + .7), etc.

Just like when discussing illegal immigration, most people think of people from Mexico; similarly, when you say blue-collar worker, most people think of white factory workers.

The Trump political operation and the Republican National Committee (RNC) are both making a flawed strategic calculation by not recognizing that Blacks are also a part of this blue-collar pool of voters that are open to Trump’s plans and the Republican message of economic nationalism.

Just like with whites, Blacks in the above states were devastated with the closing of the steel mills and the automation of the auto industry in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Many were high school graduates who didn’t go to college, but were good with their hands and were able to make a middle-class living the old fashioned American way — through hard work.

What Republicans fail to realize is that many Blacks are against amnesty for those in the country illegally and would also like to limit legal immigration.

The mainstream media-appointed, radical liberals of the civil “entitlement” industry have been bought and paid for by the Democratic unions. In my opinion, groups like the NAACP, the National Urban League, the Congressional Black Congress, etc., do not reflect the views of the Black community; those groups merely reflect the views of their members.

When you look at the margin of victory by Trump in the five above states, you can plainly see that targeting Black voters could increase his margin of victory.

If Trump were to give a series of speeches in front of Black blue-collar workers in these five states, there is no doubt that they could insulate him from the typical liberal attack lines that he is a racist and only cares about his wealthy friends — as though there is something wrong with being wealthy.

I would go a step further. Can you imagine Trump giving a series of speeches with Black blue-collar workers alongside Black entrepreneurs?

Just picture a couple hundred Blacks in a room; a Black carpenter in overalls sitting next to the tie and jacket wearing CEO of a Black IT firm; or a Black electrician sitting next to the managing partner of a Black CPA firm; or the Black owner of a landscaping company sitting next to the owner of a Black construction company.

Wow! What a visual.

What do all these Blacks have in common? They all have been negatively impacted by illegal immigration and would be devastated by giving amnesty, i.e. citizenship, to those in the country illegally.

Can you imagine if President Trump were to ask someone like Harry Alford to organize such an event? Alford is the president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce.

Alford’s Black Chamber of Commerce is, by far, the most preeminent Black chamber in the U.S. If you want to get the pulse of the Black business community, one need only reach out to them. They have some of the most insightful data on the state of the Black business community; they give the most insightful analysis on major policy issues and their impact on the Black business community.

I have worked with Harry for decades on all manner of issues of importance to the Black business community and there is none better than his organization.

Here’s a message to the Republican Party: Blacks are not opposed to the Trump administration’s agenda; simply put, no one is speaking to them in a language they understand and in a manner that is relevant to them.

Black blue-collar workers and Black entrepreneurs both have been and are being devastated by workers who are in the country illegally. Why hire a blue-collar American worker at $25 per hour when you can hire an illegal worker for a lot less?

Entrepreneurs are being undercut on government contracts, because big companies are hiring engineers from India through the insidious H-1B program, while small business owners have to pay American engineers a lot more in order to compete.

Liberals have tried to equate Trump’s America First promise with America alone. America is the only country on earth that is putting others before its own national interest.

If this White House were to speak directly to Black blue-collar workers and Black entrepreneurs simultaneously, I can guarantee you that this effort would be quantifiable at the ballot box in this year’s congressional elections, as well as the presidential election in 2020.

Last year, I wrote a column about the value of being unreasonable, so I hope President Trump will be unreasonable enough to take me up on my above suggestions. Black voters could very well be the difference between Republicans keeping their majority in Congress, this year, and Trump getting a second term.

It all hinges on how unreasonable Republicans are willing to be.

http://www.phillytrib.com/commentary...3402e1fb6.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nice article!

I know a great fiction writer when I see one!

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm searching for a place that has a lake of stew and cigarette trees and lemonade springs.

You have to work real hard to be this optimistic or blind or both.

The article reads like it cannot understand why black people are not jumping out of their chairs to help Trump and others fight illegal immigration.

The article reads like it cannot understand why black people are not jumping out of their chairs to help Trump and others fight illegal immigration.
    Most of us don't understand it. Black Americans are the first line victims of illegal immigration, why wouldn't they want to stop what is hurting them from stealing jobs, running drugs, criminal enterprises, taking their housing and neighborhoods over, deflating their wages and ruining the schools? Why would any American let alone black Americans not want to stop illegal immigration?

Here's what I think. I think most black Americans want to stop illegal immigration, I think they want mass deportations, I think they want a viable effective wall/fence/barrier on the borders and I think they want substantial reductions in legal immigration as well. The so-called "black leadership" like the NAACP and so forth sold their souls for donations decades ago. Black Americans vote against stopping illegal immigration simply because they vote Democrat and the Democrat Party supports illegal immigration, but I don't think black Americans vote Democrat because of this issue, they vote Democrat because they're Democrats.

I hope Trump can reach even more black Americans in 2018 to vote Republican as well as vote Republican in 2020. I think with all the good he is doing on so many issues, domestic and international, that there is a high probability that he can and will dramatically increase the number of Black Americans voting for him and other Republicans in future elections. I sure hope so, anyway. After all, the Republican Party was formed and founded for black Americans.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I know a great fiction writer when I see one!

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm searching for a place that has a lake of stew and cigarette trees and lemonade springs.

You have to work real hard to be this optimistic or blind or both.
    It's nice to see a person, like you, who has a respectful conversation!

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    It's nice to see a person, like you, who has a respectful conversation!
    Sadly, I agree with you jtdc.

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Just like with whites, Blacks in the above states were devastated with the closing of the steel mills and the automation of the auto industry in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Many were high school graduates who didn’t go to college, but were good with their hands and were able to make a middle-class living the old fashioned American way — through hard work.
    And the jobs that are left are being taken from them (black people) and us (white people) alike by illegal aliens. But mostly from black people. Black people need to start waking up and smelling the coffee.

And black people need to stop being fooled by the democrats' line......"You have to support them (illegal aliens), because after all, they are people of color like you". The democrats know how to play the race card very well in order to deceive people. And they need to realize that when democrats tell black people this stuff, that they are leaving out the most important thing. If they included this obvious truth, it would sound more like this............"You should support illegals because they are people of color, even though they are stealing your jobs, yes, mainly from the black community, lowering your wages for the crumbs (jobs) they leave for you, and driving you deeper and deeper into poverty. Not to mention that they are taking food out of your kids' mouths so they can put it into their kids' mouths. But yes, commit suicide and support them anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Most of us don't understand it. Black Americans are the first line victims of illegal immigration, why wouldn't they want to stop what is hurting them from stealing jobs, running drugs, criminal enterprises, taking their housing and neighborhoods over, deflating their wages and ruining the schools? Why would any American let alone black Americans not want to stop illegal immigration?

Here's what I think. I think most black Americans want to stop illegal immigration, I think they want mass deportations, I think they want a viable effective wall/fence/barrier on the borders and I think they want substantial reductions in legal immigration as well. The so-called "black leadership" like the NAACP and so forth sold their souls for donations decades ago. Black Americans vote against stopping illegal immigration simply because they vote Democrat and the Democrat Party supports illegal immigration, but I don't think black Americans vote Democrat because of this issue, they vote Democrat because they're Democrats.

I hope Trump can reach even more black Americans in 2018 to vote Republican as well as vote Republican in 2020. I think with all the good he is doing on so many issues, domestic and international, that there is a high probability that he can and will dramatically increase the number of Black Americans voting for him and other Republicans in future elections. I sure hope so, anyway. After all, the Republican Party was formed and founded for black Americans.
    **I'm not accusing anyone here of anything but I am talking about what I have heard in order to answer your question**

It's really a shame that the fight against illegal immigration is "hidden" from others by the "inaction" of Black Americans.
    Black Americans repeatedly voice their opinions of their displeasure with the current ways of doing things on the illegal immigration front.
    So what's the rub?
    I am not black but I am very close to the Black community and what I gather is they understand what is best for them and their community.

All those things you mentioned are things that they want but the price is too high to attain them.

I asked my wife straight up about this very line of thinking. She replied that fighting illegal immigration requires everyone to agree on the goal but the motives are the problem. Some people see fighting illegal immigration as a fight for fairness, like I do. Some people see fighting illegal immigration as a fight for justice. Still, some people see fighting illegal immigration as a way to preserve white supremacy.

She recalled that old Simpson's episode where that helicopter had a sign that read: Fox News, Not racist, but #1 with racists.

So, although fighting illegal immigration is a hot button issue for the community, they see that siding with racists as a nonstarter.

To prove her point, it was wife's idea to have me post black history posts during Black History month.
    Celebrating Black History is celebrating American History. Some can see it that way, others cannot. Do you really expect them to jump up and side with a group of people that cannot see that they have been a part of America since the beginning too?

Black Americans could be a powerful force to break the back of the Dem's thought and policy plantation but rubbing elbows with Klansmen is not a viable way to get there.

It's articles like this that miss the point so badly, that they should have not wasted time writing it. Black people know how they feel.
    Black people are not babies.

There, you have it in a nutshell, that's been cracked and glued together with pet dander and gravel caught in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    **I'm not accusing anyone here of anything but I am talking about what I have heard in order to answer your question**

It's really a shame that the fight against illegal immigration is "hidden" from others by the "inaction" of Black Americans.
    Black Americans repeatedly voice their opinions of their displeasure with the current ways of doing things on the illegal immigration front.
    So what's the rub?
    I am not black but I am very close to the Black community and what I gather is they understand what is best for them and their community.

All those things you mentioned are things that they want but the price is too high to attain them.

I asked my wife straight up about this very line of thinking. She replied that fighting illegal immigration requires everyone to agree on the goal but the motives are the problem. Some people see fighting illegal immigration as a fight for fairness, like I do. Some people see fighting illegal immigration as a fight for justice. Still, some people see fighting illegal immigration as a way to preserve white supremacy.

She recalled that old Simpson's episode where that helicopter had a sign that read: Fox News, Not racist, but #1 with racists.

So, although fighting illegal immigration is a hot button issue for the community, they see that siding with racists as a nonstarter.

To prove her point, it was wife's idea to have me post black history posts during Black History month.
    Celebrating Black History is celebrating American History. Some can see it that way, others cannot. Do you really expect them to jump up and side with a group of people that cannot see that they have been a part of America since the beginning too?

Black Americans could be a powerful force to break the back of the Dem's thought and policy plantation but rubbing elbows with Klansmen is not a viable way to get there.

It's articles like this that miss the point so badly, that they should have not wasted time writing it. Black people know how they feel.
    Black people are not babies.

There, you have it in a nutshell, that's been cracked and glued together with pet dander and gravel caught in the mix
    The author of the article, Raynard Jackson, is Black.

He's an accountant with an accounting degree from Oral Roberts University and has a masters degree in international business from George Mason University. He owns his own company that represents athletes and entertainers with their business contracts and other business matters and also represents African countries in their relationships with the United States.

Thank your wife for the idea to post the articles during Black History Month, I really enjoyed and appreciated that thread.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

"Do you really expect them to jump up and side with a group of people that cannot see that they have been a part of America since the beginning too?"

-------------------------

Boomslang...what "group of people" cannot see that they have been a part of America?

They have dug their feet in and resisted being a part of America for decades. The attitudes and hate are quiet evident. Look at Sharpton, Maxine Watters, Barry Sotero and his wife, the Entertainers spew their hate, the whole lot of their leaders.

We ALL believe they are a part of America, we are just waiting for them to participate, wake up, and realize it themselves. We cannot understand for the life of us WHY they would continue down the same path, vote Democrat and live in the same conditions with the same results.

We want them to join the Trump Train, we want them to pay attention in school, make better choices in life, we want them to be successful. We want ALL American's to be successful. No Hypen-American...you are American or you are not.

What ALL American's should not want is illegal immigration, more refugees, TPS, Work Visa's and the unrelenting invasion of our country to preserve our culture, our resources, our jobs, our neighborhoods and our prosperity.

We cannot take in the entire World's poor and destitute...we are headed well on our way to a 3rd World country full of rife, crime, diseases, murder and civil unrest.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The author of the article, Raynard Jackson, is Black.

He's an accountant with an accounting degree from Oral Roberts University and has a masters degree in international business from George Mason University. He owns his own company that represents athletes and entertainers with their business contracts and other business matters and also represents African countries in their relationships with the United States.

Thank your wife for the idea to post the articles during Black History Month, I really enjoyed and appreciated that thread.
    Yes, the author may be African American. He may be an "undiagnosed" African American suffering from a particular mental disorder, in order for him to write that piece. See video.

I'm white and I can see hypocrisy, double standards and flat white supremacist talking points being spoken around me daily. I wonder why others cannot. It's a real space that I live in. If blacks are not flocking to the Republican Party en mass, there has to be a reason, not summed up as they are all misinformed or too ignorant to know what's good for them.
    I've given you valid reason. Listen to see if Black Americans' arguments make sense.

Here's a thought experiment:
    Pretend that you are really black. The love you hold for European culture, heritage and norms are transferred over to your new African American You. Read blogs, postings, comments and articles by people that you share the same position with on immigration. You will see what they see. I guarantee. I don't blame African Americans at all for their actions because, in the end, it gets them nowhere. The funny/sad thing about it all, Black Americans know and others are so puzzled maybe due to their own myopic view of how to view and respect fellow Americans.
    *The previous statement was not referring you, Judy, personally*

BTW, the wife read the post where I called you my Patriotic Sister. She said, "Set another place at the dinner table for our Patriotic Sister! You are well loved on our end. I'll let her know that you liked that thread.

I'm sorry for the long post but if you could spare 5 minutes.
    Please start at the beginning until exactly five minutes. The good doctor has some ether for our souls.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast