Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    I hope to god that none of the traitor scum who did the debate in spanish win the election. If they do we're screwed even worse than now.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

It's divisive, plain and simple.

We shouldn't accept this because, given the extreme pandering on the part of politicians and their corporate controllers toward non-English speakers, eventually the burden will fall upon English-only speakers to learn Spanish. We'll be told how important it is to be bilingual(read Spanish-speaking) in a global economy, and in an increasing number of workplaces it will become an expectation, perhaps even a requirement. I speak several languages, but Spanish is not one of them. I'll be damned if I'll learn it simply because our government deliberately allowed our country to be overrun by people who refuse to communicate with us in our native tongue.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    It's divisive, plain and simple.

We shouldn't accept this because, given the extreme pandering on the part of politicians and their corporate controllers toward non-English speakers, eventually the burden will fall upon English-only speakers to learn Spanish. We'll be told how important it is to be bilingual(read Spanish-speaking) in a global economy, and in an increasing number of workplaces it will become an expectation, perhaps even a requirement. I speak several languages, but Spanish is not one of them. I'll be damned if I'll learn it simply because our government deliberately allowed our country to be overrun by people who refuse to communicate with us in our native tongue.
    In a global market, spanish is worthless.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Democrats for illegals!

There is nothing wrong, or new, with presidential campaigning in Spanish.

We have no quarrel with Spanish-speaking people who are in the U.S. legally.
    Our problem is illegal aliens, whether they speak Spanish,
    Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, or even English.
    ¿Cómo usted tienen gusto de él si fijé contestaciones en español todo el dia en los foros de Alipac? ¿Pienso que usted lo encontrarÃ*a muy molesto a menos que usted fuera fluido en español, no usted? Los americanos tienen una lengua, y ése es inglés. Está hasta los nuevos ciudadanos para asimilar y para aprender nuestra lengua. No está hasta los americanos para aprender el suyo. IMO, conduciendo una elección presidencial de ESTADOS UNIDOS en español es completly unAmerican.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    In a global market, spanish is worthless.
    I agree, so let me rephrase this as, "global society" or "muticultural paradise". Whatever the call to bilingualism in the US, it won't include Chinese, Russian or Arabic, much less French.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

We have no quarrel with Spanish-speaking people who are in the U.S. legally.
    Our problem is illegal aliens. . .
    IMO, conducting a presidential election of the UNITED STATES in Spanish is completely unAmerican.
    Haga a otros pues usted hizo que hicieran a usted. I've only been in nine foreign countries, but in each one, everyone who could speak English has been willing and eager to converse with me in my native tongue. (The province of Québec was the notable exception, but I knew French.)

Re the ability to speak both English and Spanish being a job requirement, qualification, or asset, I understand how this discriminates against U.S. natives on behalf of Latin American immigrants or aliens. What do you suggest? Should your local Wal-Mart post "No habla español" signs?

How about "No habla español" at the local hospital? That's against the law.

BTW, the U.S. Marines, the U.S. Army, the CIA, and the NSA all need fluent Arabic speakers. If a few strategically placed air security persons had understood Arabic, we might not be commemorating Patriots' Day on Sept. 11.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    While I have no way of knowing who is illegal and who isn't, I have had similar experiences. Hispanics do not want to speak English in public. I don't know if it is that they don't know how or they are just refusing too. I have seen entire families from toddlers to grandma speakly exclusively in Spanish all the time. To me that means that they are not assimilating or respecting the language of this country. I don't care what language they speak at home but they are being divisive and disrespectful by not doing so in public. It speaks volumes about their arrogance and rudeness.
    A practical reason for being able to learn and speak an intelligible form of english is in an emergency crisis.

The stewardess on our flight to Phoenix spoke such terrible english and too fast to hear what she was saying. I can't imagine how she would've handled a true crisis and what about other emergency responders who speak english poorly. That and waiting to be seen in an E.R. the noose around the neck is tightening.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

SOSADFORUS, Yes, illegals and the children of illegals do believe they have a right to be here AND to take advantage of every social service. Today a young woman (an anchor baby) who works in our office was saying she had a right to any and all social services available because she worked and paid her taxes. I reminded her that the social services she avails herself of far exceed the taxes she pays and didn't she think she should have to pay her fair share of funding for schools her three children attend, police and fire services, etc.
    Now, I should tell you this young woman owns a $1.5 MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE. (Don't ask me how she qualified for a morgage, I have NO idea). Her morgage payments are $4000 a month and she just got a $24,000 property tax bill. (she was complaining today). But she already knew what agency to contact to get relief for her taxes. Her kids get free breakfast and lunches at school. She gets relief on her DWP bill, phone bill and numerous other things. She has no checking account and pays cash for everything. As far as "the system knows, she owns nothing. She knows EXACTLY how to play our system......from a $1.5 million dollar home. How does she afford this on an office worker salary, you might ask? Well, her husband has a "wood business". He drives to Mexico once every month or two and brings back a load of wood for flooring and sells it. He doesn't install it or have any employees and yet can afford a million dollar home.

[quote=MinutemanCDC_SC]
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by "MinutemanCDC_SC":346o3fpk

[/quote:346o3fpk]

Since when is it against the law not to speak Spanish at the hospital?

This is getting so ridiculous that we have to accommodate people and their languages.

I do not know how we made it as a country for over 150 years without having to hire interpretors for every tom dick and harry.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

1964 Civil Rights Act mandated hospital interpreters

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDog
    Since when is it against the law not to speak Spanish at the hospital?

This is getting so ridiculous that we have to accommodate people and their languages.

I do not know how we made it as a country for over 150 years without having to hire interpretors for every tom dick and harry.

ScottyDog, hospitals have been required to provide interpreters at least since 1964.
    (See Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000(d)).

* The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR) requires all recipients of federal funds to comply with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Compliance prohibits discrimination based on race or national origin, such as failing to provide effective methods of communication between English-Speaking staff and patients with limited English proficiency.

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act

Documentation

Interpreters employed by the Hospitals will document all patient encounters in the medical record. Interpreter’s notes will address the type of interpretation provided.

Date: Type:

Provider:

Interpreter:

Comment:

Monitoring and Data Collection

ILS documentation and data collection

HR documentation and data collection.

In the U.S., up to 44 million people speak a language other than English.
    At one time or another, hospitals in LA have been required to provide interpreters for 150 languages.
    If it is impossible for a hospital to provide interpreters, that hospital can always reject Medicaid and all other federal funding.

This part of the CRA of 1964 appears to be an edict of the United Nations.
    Some laws seem to exist in order to hobble the United States until she falls.

The Interpreter Code of Ethics

* Maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
    * Interpret everything said.
    * Render message most accurately.
    * Assure understanding.
    * Do not advise, counsel, or interject personal opinions.
    * Maintain low profile.
    * Explain cultural differences.
    * Impartiality and professional competency in assignments.
    * Do not accept fees, gifts or gratuities from patient or patient’s family.
    * Keep abreast of medical terminology, policies, and procedures.

Errors in Medical Interpreting and Consequences

* Errors in medical interpretation are common, averaging 31 mistakes per clinical encounter, and omissions are the most frequent type.

Studies show that Untrained Interpreters often:

* Omit questions about drug allergies.
    * Omit instructions on the dose frequency and duration of antibiotics and rehydration fluids.
    * Also, have instructed patients not to answer personal questions.
    * Often the untrained interpreter tries to influence the patient's decisions.
    * Often summarize the message to be conveyed.
    * Answer questions on their own...

Remember when an RN's job was to care for patients rather than to document patients?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast