Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Priebus hints Trump has no immediate plan to end Obama's DACA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Does the one that expires in 6 months cover the 700,000 to 900,000 or the 4 million to 5 million? The US Supreme Court ruled against one or both and I'm not clear at this point what it covered. The court actually tied and allowed the lower court ruling to prevail and I thought it ruled both of them illegal and unconstitutional, which means DACA should be rescinded immediately, because it's unconstitutional.

There is apparently some confusion about this, so I'm trying to clear it up if we can.

Is DACA one of the executive orders that the courts determined to be unconstitutional?

If DACA is unconstitutional, Trump said it would be rescinded Day One. If it is constitiutional for some unknown reason, then he will probably just let it expire in 6 months and veto anything Congress tries to do.

And yes, Priebus "Superstar" needs to sit down and wait for orders, not be blabbing about programs his pal Ryan wants but instead speak directly and concisely about what his boss wants or be quiet, probably the latter is preferable. Trump wants them out. He's been as clear as one could be on that, while still acknowledging it's a tough situation for some of these people. But they still gotta go, tough as it may seem to them, they gotta go, they don't belong here, they aren't supposed to be here, we've got our own people to worry with and take care of.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-22-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How would you give DACA to one but not to a brother or sister or allow parents to stay with you. Splitting up families while deporting some and not all.

It is a Pandora's box and there is no way to make it anything else. You will split families up if DACA individuals can stay and not relatives who could receive DACA or their families.

What guarantees that those who would receive amnesty now could not under another President get to bring relatives back.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Does the one that expires in 6 months cover the 700,000 to 900,000 or the 4 million to 5 million? The US Supreme Court ruled against one or both and I'm not clear at this point what it covered. The court actually tied and allowed the lower court ruling to prevail and I thought it ruled both of them illegal and unconstitutional, which means DACA should be rescinded immediately, because it's unconstitutional.

There is apparently some confusion about this, so I'm trying to clear it up if we can.

Is DACA one of the executive orders that the courts determined to be unconstitutional?
    I welcome additional information, too, Judy.

DACA is unconstitutional.

Currently, there are around 800,000 illegal aliens who have been approved, who have received DACA. They applied for it and received it. That is the number that Senators Durbin and Graham and others are using right now. The numbers of illegal aliens who would be eligible for DACA is in the millions but they have not applied. There are those who have been afraid to apply but the door was open for them. They may have been reluctant to supply information, too.

When the lawsuit happened it was supposed to stop for now. I am unsure about the renewals. What impact the lawsuit has on those. I think renewals for those approved can go forward.

What has been happening too is the ability to leave the country with permission, approval (Advanced Parole) and to re-enter and apply for permanent residency, a green card, legally. This is for some but I am not certain of the numbers. I read about it on a "dreamer" website as many were doing this. You must meet one of three criteria.

If what I have posted is incorrect please put more information for all of us.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-22-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly, GeorgiaPeach. DACA people have to go with everyone else. They aren't kids any more. They're grown ups, and it's time they acted like it. They're in the wrong country, they all need to be deported with their parents and the whole family hauled out of here in a single family unit. DACA, DAPA, and all the rest. If you're an illegal alien, you gotta go!!

This is in response to your post before last!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No mention of sob sob brought as infants by parents and the only country they ever knew as many politicians continue to say.

DACA MEANS THIS:
    "Individuals who meet the following criteria can apply for deferred action for childhood arrivals: are under 31 years of age as of June 15, 2012;

• came to the U.S. while under the age of 16;
    • have continuously resided in the U.S. from June 15, 2007 to the present. (For purposes of calculating this five year period, brief and innocent absences from the United States for humanitarian reasons will not be included);
    • entered the U.S. without inspection or fell out of lawful visa status before June 15, 2012;
    • were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making the request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
    • are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or armed forces;
    • have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors of any kind; and
    • do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Applicants will have to provide documentary evidence of the above criteria. In addition, every applicant must complete and pass a biographic and biometric background check"
    http://www.immigrationequality.org/g...hood-arrivals/
    Last edited by artist; 01-22-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I welcome additional information, too, Judy.

Currently, there are around 800,000 illegal aliens who have been approved, who have received DACA. That is the number that Senators Durbin and Graham and others are using right now. The numbers of illegal aliens who would be eligible for DACA is in the millions but they have not applied. There could be a younger person, those who have been afraid to apply but the door was open for them.

When the lawsuit happened it was supposed to stop for now. I am unsure about the renewals. What impact the aw suit has on those.

What has been happening too is the ability to leave the country with permission, approval, and to re-enter and apply for permanent residency, a green card, legally. This is for some but I am not certain of the numbers. I read about it on a "dreamer" website as many were doing this. You must meet one of three criteria.

If what I have posted is incorrect please put more information for all of us.

Thank you.
    Yes, I think that is correct, GeorgiaPeach. The wonderful Governors of the 20 plus states stopped the expansion of DACA and initiation of DAPA, but the judge ruled those who already had DACA permits could stay until the card they had expired, but they would not be renewed and no more would be handed out. I believe that is right.

SOOOOO, Senators are actually LYING to the American People, because if DACA stands with legislation, then of course it will be the 5 million x 2, you know they're lying about the 5 million, it's much more than that, because at this point, they're all inter-related or "connected" to someone in the US. They're all here tied by a common bond called illegally invading the US to run drugs and haul our money out and operate other criminal enterprises, including illegal labor networks. You can tell by the language they used "connected to", that all these Senators, Representatives and other state and local officials behind this disaster are on the take with the drug cartels behind illegal immigration. It's just so obvious "connected to", yeah, their DRUG LORD.

They all gotta go! There is no situation that I can think of on any basis that would justify a legal status for anyone in this country illegally. Sure breaking the law is a tough situation. Ask all the Americans who pay such a horrible price with broken families when one of their family members or friends is carted off to jail on drug and other charges. Americans, not illegal aliens, are the ones suffering the "broken family" problem.

GET THEM OUT! GET THEM ALL OUT!! We've got our own American Families to help fix and put their lives back together. We've neither the time, money nor inclination to waste on illegal aliens and other types of foreign gypsies. GET THEM OUT. GET THEM ALL OUT NOW. No "mercy", no exceptions, no minor child left behind.

We have to be very firm and very clear on this. We need email alerts and so forth starting on Monday, first thing.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-22-2017 at 06:39 PM.

(more information)

DAPA, Expanded DACA, and the Court Injunction

By Jen Riddle

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) had planned to begin accepting applications for the expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program on February 18, 2015. Unfortunately, DHS has temporarily delayed the launch of expanded DACA due to a federal court decision temporarily halting its implementation. The court’s injunction also temporarily blocked implementation of the new Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA) program that was slated to begin this May. While the federal government has announced it will challenge the court’s ruling before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, we do not yet know what form this challenge will take or how long we will have to wait for a decision. The Department of Justice, legal scholars, and immigration experts believe that the federal government had the legal authority to expand DACA and create DAPA through executive action and anticipate that the courts will ultimately uphold the legality of both programs. In the meantime, what does this mean for your clients who were gearing up to apply for expanded DACA or DAPA and what can you tell them?

What is the lawsuit about?

The lawsuit, State of Texas, et al v. United States, was filed in December 2014 by 26 states and challenged two aspects of the immigration initiatives that President Obama announced on November 20, 2014. Specifically, the states alleged that the expanded DACA and DAPA programs were created in violation of the law and will cause economic injury to the states that must finance the education, protection, and issuance of driver’s licenses to future recipients of deferred action under these programs.

What was the federal court’s decision?

On February 16, 2014, the federal district court in Brownsville, Texas issued a preliminary injunction temporarily blocking the expansion of DACA and the implementation of DAPA. The ruling did not find that these programs may be unconstitutional. Rather, the judge’s narrow holding found that the federal government might have violated procedural requirements under the Administrative Procedure Act by not using formal rulemaking procedures in creating these initiatives.

How did the Department of Homeland Security respond to the injunction?

On February 17, 2015, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson issued a statement [1] expressing his disagreement with the temporary injunction and confirming the Department of Justice’s intention to challenge the decision. In the meantime, in order to comply with the injunction, DHS announced that it would not begin accepting applications for expanded DACA on February 18, as originally planned. DHS also indicated that it would temporarily suspend plans to accept DAPA requests until a court confirms that these programs are within the legal authority of the federal government.

Does the injunction impact all executive actions on immigration announced by the President on November 20, 2014?

No, the injunction only impacts DAPA and expanded DACA. It does not block any other changes to immigration policies announced by the President last November and laid out through various DHS memoranda [2]. For example, plans to expand the use of provisional waivers of unlawful presence and the existing “parole in place” program for family members of the U.S. Armed Forces, issue guidance clarifying advance parole, and replace Secure Communities with the Prioritized Enforcement Program are unaffected by the court case. Likewise, the lawsuit does not impact the new immigration enforcement priorities that went into effect on January 5, 2015.

How soon can we expect a court to reverse the injunction and permit DHS to launch expanded DACA and resume preparations for DAPA?

This will depend on whether the federal government files an emergency motion with the Fifth Circuit to stay the temporary injunction or decides to file an appeal instead. If the Department of Justice (DOJ) files an emergency motion to stay, a decision could be issued within a few weeks. That would allow the expanded DACA and DAPA programs to move ahead while the district court decides the case on its merits. If DOJ decides to await a district court decision on the merits and then appeal the decision to the Fifth Circuit, it could take several months for a decision.

How does the injunction impact clients who want to apply for DACA?

The temporary injunction does not affect the original DACA program that was created in 2012. Anyone who meets the program’s criteria established in 2012 may continue to apply – both first-time applicants as well as DACA recipients who seek to renew their deferred action and employment authorization. However, clients who were hoping to apply for DACA under the expanded criteria announced on November 20, 2014 are not yet eligible to apply. However, USCIS has stated its intention to begin accepting applications for expanded DACA as soon as the courts issue a favorable decision allowing for the program’s implementation. Continue to check CLINIC’s website [3] and the USCIS website [4] for updates.

How should I advise clients who already have DACA and want to renew?

Clients granted DACA under the program’s 2012 criteria may continue to renew their deferred action and employment authorization using Form I-821D [5]. Beginning November 20, 2014, USCIS began granting DACA and work permits to initial and renewal applicants in three-year increments. DACA recipients already granted three-year work permits may continue to use them. However, following the injunction, USCIS will revert to issuing two-year grants of deferred action and work authorization until a court overturns the decision.

What should I advise clients who want to apply for expanded DACA?

Clients who qualify for expanded DACAshould continue to gather documents necessary to show they meet the DACA criteria and save money for the $465 application fee. As soon as a court decision permits USCIS to launch the expanded DACA program, clients may apply. Remember that USCIS will be releasing a new Form I-821D that reflects the November 20, 2014 changes to DACA eligibility. While there will likely be a grace period during which the old I-821D will be accepted, you may want to hold off on completing the application form until USCIS releases the new one. You may have heard that USCIS published revised Frequently Asked Questions and updated I-821D instructions on February 11, 2015 in anticipation of its plans to begin accepting applications for expanded DACA on February 18. Following issuance of the injunction this week, these two sets of guidance were removed from the USCIS website. For now, the previous FAQs [6] and instructions [7] remain in effect.

It is also important to understand that the injunction did not affect the November 20, 2014 DHS Memorandum entitled Policies for the Apprehension, Detention and Removal of Undocumented Immigrants that reflects which groups of individuals U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and USCIS considers to be priorities for immigration enforcement. The new Enforcement Priorities Memo went into effect on January 5, 2015 and remains in full force. If any DHS official seeks to detain, place into removal proceedings, deport, or take any other enforcement action against a prospective DACA client who does not fall into one of these priorities, you should request an appropriate exercise of prosecutorial discretion in your client’s favor. ICE and CBP should continue to identify individuals who might qualify for expanded DACA and refrain from taking enforcement actions against them. Also, remember that clients may still request deferred action, more generally, under the process that has existed before DACA was created by submitting a request to the local USCIS office.

What should I advise clients who want to apply for DAPA?

Clients who may be eligible for DAPA should continue to gather documents necessary to show they meet the DAPA criteria and save money for the $465 application fee. The federal government anticipates that the court will ultimately uphold the legality of the DAPA program and DHS will continue to prepare for a timely implementation of DAPA as soon as that happens. Depending on how long it takes for the injunction to be overturned by the district court or a higher court, DAPA may or may not be able to launch in May of 2015 as originally planned. However, clients should be prepared to file their applications as soon as the time comes. As discussed above, individuals who appear to be eligible for DAPA remain non-priorities for immigration enforcement, and should not be detained, placed into removal proceedings, or deported by DHS. Make sure that your clients understand the new enforcement priorities and are prepared to request prosecutorial discretion from ICE or CBP if they are apprehended.

https://cliniclegal.org/resources/ar...urt-injunction
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.

This page is accessible.

Renew your DACA.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/c...enew-your-daca

EXCLUSIVE: Whatever Trump does, Dreamers likely to be deported soon

January 21, 2017

Franco Ordonez

WASHINGTON
    Young immigrants currently protected from deportation will be quickly removed from the country by President Donald Trump’s plan to boost deportations, even if the new president doesn’t target them directly, according to a former senior immigration official in the Obama administration.

Democratic leaders and advocates within the immigration community are bracing for Trump on Monday to eliminate several of Obama’s executive actions on immigration, including the deferred action program, known as DACA, that protects an estimated 750,000 immigrants brought here illegally as children.

Trump is not expected to immediately launch raids targeting the students, but fears among so-called Dreamers could grow as Trump executes plans to deport more than 2 million immigrants with any form of criminal records. In the process he’s inevitably going to sweep up many DACA students who will unlikely have the safeguards to protect themselves.

[DHS secretary: Information of children who immigrated illegally should be protected]

[Trump will soon have names, addresses for immigrants here illegally. Will he use them?]

Leon Fresco, who headed the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Immigration, said even if Trump doesn’t terminate the program or promises not to directly pursue the young immigrants – as he has implied – more than a thousand will likely be targeted in deportation raids, including those with orders of removal and minor criminal records.

“DACA kids will in the very near future, in a matter of weeks, be apprehended as part of these sweeps of unexecuted orders of removal,” said Fresco, a former deputy assistant attorney general for the department’s civil division.

Because the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is a form of prosecutorial discretion, it’s not a real status and can be revoked at any time.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security told DACA recipients that their personal information would not be used for enforcement purposes, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t be swept up in other enforcement actions, Fresco warned.

DACA KIDS WILL IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE, IN THE MATTER OF WEEKS, BE APPREHENDED AS PART OF THESE SWEEPS OF UNEXECUTED ORDERS OF REMOVAL.
    Leon Fresco, former senior Obama official

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement already has a list of thousands of people and families with existing orders of removal that have not been executed. Many of those are DACA recipients who missed a court date and were ordered removed in absentia. Others may have parents who applied for asylum and lost their cases.

The Obama administration did not keep an exact figure of DACA recipients who had previous orders of removal, Fresco said, but it’s understood that more than 1,000 DACA recipients fall in the category.

Trump campaigned hard against illegal immigration, promising to build a wall, boost deportations and eliminate the youth program.

He has since said he wants to “work something out” for the so-called Dreamers, but is still expected to cancel the program to send a message to supporters who feel Obama wrongly granted amnesty to hundreds of thousands of immigrants here illegally.

The young immigrants are already protesting at many colleges and demanding legal aid in case Trump takes action. Fresco, who now represents universities, sees a potential nightmare scenario for a school if one or several of its students are swept up in a raid. It would immediately create ripples of fear throughout the foreign student body who won’t know why one of their classmates was apprehended.

(Clip) having computer problem

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-wo...127974824.html

THANK YOU GEOGIAPEACH!! This makes it absolutely clear in my mind that DACA and DAPA in all forms and phases need to be rescinded immediately and all applications in process rejected, all applications not in process returned, and all websites pertaining to DACA, DAPA, DREAMERS, etc. shut down.

Note that the DOJ has a role here according to the your website you posted from. DOJ needs to be clear when Sessions is sworn in that it will not support any executive order from any prior President that allows illegal aliens to remain in the US in violation of US immigration statutes, with work permits or any other type of permit.

Our dear President Trump, you were right, as always, when you said they've all gotta go and you could do it within 18 months. That was the right position then and remains so to this day. As President and as an enforcer, you do not need to explain to the CORRUPT MEDIA how or when you are carrying through on this. I believe quickly and quietly is the best way to manage the deportations. But it must be done, no exceptions, no mercy. We have millions and millions of Americans with criminal records, broken families, lost jobs and who are in poverty and whose families are in poverty because they broke a law, mostly non-violent drug offenses that caused less harm to our fellow citizens than the brutal ravages of our citizens lives, schools, neighborhoods, hospitals and work places caused by illegal aliens, not to mention the soaring budget cost and debt limits paying for illegal aliens in this country.

They have to go. All of them.

We also need an immediate 10 to 20 Year Moratorium on All Immigration so we can get this entire immigrant population issue under control. Today it is out of control running wild turning our country upside down, inside out.

GET THEM OUT AND KEEP THEM OUT.

Stop this madness, this sheer insanity of putting the welfare, wants and desire of foreigners above the best interest of US citizens and the United States must stop, right here, right now.

"NO decision will be made that is not in the best interest of American Workers and American Families".--Donald J Trump, January 20, 2017.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast