http://www.fairimmigration(DOT)org/press/press_releases/April10_PDF/Iowa/UDSI-Immigrant_Rally_4-9-06.pdf

I pulled this a blog this liberal student at my college runs:
http://politicalforecast.net/

Here is the information from the Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking (the event is also sponsored by the Central Iowa chapter of the American Friends Service Committee, UDSI-United for the Dignity and Safety of Immigrants, and Catholic Charities):

�Sunday, April 9th, 2006 - Peaceful rally in opposition to H.R. 4437 and for Fair Immigration Reform planned in Des Moines, IA

All immigrant communities and their allies are invited to participate at a rally on behalf of immigration reform that works!!

The rally will begin at 1:00 pm. and will end at 2:30 pm. The location is Nollen Plaza, downtown Des Moines (Locust and 3rd St.)

The Network Against Human Trafficking has joined with United for the Dignity and Safety of Immigrants (UDSI) and other local organizations in the organization of local immigrant communities for the fight for their rights. The current immigration debate has brought all immigrant communities across the nation into what is today, the most significant civil movement since the civil movements of the 60�s.

Immigration has become a human rights issue in the United States and the current policy only pushes immigrant communities further into shadows allowing for a political debate that undermines the lost lives of thousands of immigrants.�
Contact information for those coordinating the rally:

Contact Name: Sandra Sanchez - AFSC Immigrants Voice Project and Alex Orozco - Iowa NAHT
Contact Phone: 515-274-4851�14 (Sandra) or 515-245-2920 (Alex)
Contact Email: ssanchez@afsc.org (Sandra) or alexo@iowanaht.org (Alex)

I find it just a little odd how the Network Against Human Trafficking wants to do this rally. You would think they'd do something to stop illegal immigration since illegals are often trafficked across the border.

I wish there was a good way to organize a counter-protest and march in front of them or something. Any ideas? Although, its probably too late since its this sunday.