by NEIL MUNRO
15 Jan 2016

Multiple Democratic-tied journalists and activists are now pressuring immigrant-Americans and their adult children to be more loyal to foreigners than to their fellow Americans.

The demand started with Univision TV-host Jorge Ramos, a U.S.-naturalized Mexican with roots in Spain. He’s worked up because Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) argued in the Charleston debate — sincerely or not — that Americans’ safety is more important than the desire of perhaps 150 million foreigners to immigrate into the United States.

Tonight’s debate reminded me of this: Turning your back on immigrants is a betrayal https://t.co/3VDStDYR0g via thisisfusion

— JORGE RAMOS (@jorgeramosnews) January 15, 2016

Ramos’s claim may refer to immigrants in general, regardless of culture or race. For example, he may be arguing that an Irish immigrant should be loyal to would-be Irish immigrants, or to all potential immigrants, of every stripe, whether they are from Somalia or Denmark or Tibet or Sierra Leone, or recently spent New Year’s Eve molesting women in Cologne, Germany.

He’s also seemingly focused on group loyalties, or racial solidarity, and clearly not economic calculations. There’s plenty of evidence — including a recent State of the Union admission by President Barack Obama — that large-scale migration hurts Americans blue-collar wages and white-collar salaries. That dollars-and-cents angle is such a hot-button issue that even many of the GOP’s 2016 candidates avoid the topic.

Certainly, Ramos is undeniably arguing that immigrant Americans — and their U.S.-born American children — shouldn’t put the interests of fellow Americans above the interests of foreigners who want to immigrate.

That’s contrary to the Oath of Allegiance, which this author took in early 2001.

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same… I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Ramos is getting love from progressives for his charges of betrayal.

Donna Brazile is the Vice Chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, and was campaign manager for Vice-President Al Gore’s failed presidential campaign in 2000.

It’s so interesting watching two sons of immigrants take each other to task on who’s tougher on keeping others out. #GOPdebate

— Donna Brazile (@donnabrazile) January 15, 2016

Nick Kristof is a bleeding-heart, migration-boosting columnist for the New York Times.

Sad to see two smart politicians who are sons of immigrants, Rubio and Cruz, compete to see who can be more hostile to immigrants.

— Nicholas Kristof (@NickKristof) January 15, 2016

Gabe Ortiz is the son of an immigrant, and an activist for the progressive open-borders group, AmericaVoice, which pushed for an amnesty for the roughly 12 million migrants living in the United States, and for greater annual inflow of legal immigrants.

2 sons of immigrants fight over who will exclude more immigrants #GOPDebatepic.twitter.com/GSEa25WEgS

— sfpelosi (@sfpelosi)

Ramos was really angered by the Jan. 14 GOP debate when Sen. Marco Rubio ran away from a hard-hitting question about the impact of legal immigration on Americans’ ability to get decent-paying jobs. Each year, 4 million Americans enter the workforce — and so do roughly 1 million people who are legally immigrating, plus 700,000 foreign guest-workers.

Turning your back on immigrants is a betrayal (When sons of immigrants attack other immigrants) https://t.co/3VDStDYR0g via @thisisfusion

Ramos unloaded his emotions in an article for the ironically named Fusion media outlet, which is pitched at younger Americans with roots in the native and immigrant populations.

Few things are sadder or more treacherous than closing the door to immigrants who came after us, which is what some U.S. presidential candidates want to do…. Nonetheless the current campaign cycle has been characterized by Republicans’ harsh attacks on immigrants. The terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, have only heightened the xenophobic discourse in the United States.

… Almost every GOP candidate has labeled undocumented immigrants “illegal,” and some of them support the idea of building a wall along the southern border with Mexico. Trump famously characterized Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists. And most of the Republican candidates, in contrast to the three Democratic hopefuls, are opposed to offering a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S….

I myself am an immigrant. I arrived in this country 33 years ago, and I fondly remember when Pete Moraga, my news editor, invited me to his home to celebrate my first Thanksgiving with his family in Los Angeles. I remember how they patiently taught me about the American traditions associated with this holiday. Immigrants never forget those who helped us. Never.

The United States has been extremely generous toward me, which is why I continue to argue that more recent immigrants should have the same opportunities and be treated with the same respect that I received.

I simply don’t understand why immigrants or the children of immigrants tend to attack those who arrived a little later. There is no greater disloyalty than the children of immigrants forgetting their own roots. That’s a betrayal

Logically, he also blasted his race-traitor claims in Spanish.

Cuando hijos de inmigrantes atacan a otros inmigrantes, como anoche en el debate: Casi una traición – Univision https://t.co/YNn5rlOhlP

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...to-foreigners/