Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Which program is do you think is best?

These are the four platforms of the remaining candidates, which do you think is best?
    People keep making statements about the candidates positions, this is what THEY say thier positions are:
    #1:
    Stop Illegal Immigration
    Secure The Border. Follow through on Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry.
    Implement An Enforceable Employer Verification System. Issue a biometrically-enabled and tamperproof card to non-citizens and create a national database for non-citizens so employers can easily verify their legal status in this country.
    Reject Amnesty. Do not give amnesty or any special pathway to those who have come to this country illegally.
    Punish Sanctuary Cities. Cut back federal funding to cities that are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants and refuse to comply with federal law or aid federal law enforcement.
    Improve Interior Enforcement. Provide resources to enforce immigration laws throughout the nation, and crackdown on employers who continue to hire illegals with stiffer fines and penalties.
    Encourage Legal Immigration. Streamline the system to recruit and retain skilled workers and welcome the best and the brightest from around the world to our universities.
    #2:
    Overview: Implement a broad-based strategy that commits the resources of the federal government to the enforcement of our immigration laws and results in the attrition of the illegal immigrant population.
    1. Build the Fence
    • Ensure that an interlocking surveillance camera system is installed along the border by July 1, 2010.
    • Ensure that the border fence construction is completed by July 1, 2010.
    2. Increase Border Patrol
    • Increase the number of border patrol agents.
    • Fully support all law enforcement personnel tasked with enforcing immigration law.
    3. Prevent Amnesty
    • Policies that promote or tolerate amnesty will be rejected.
    • Propose to provide all illegal immigrants a 120-day window to register with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services and leave the country. Those who register and return to their home country will face no penalty if they later apply to immigrate or visit; those who do not return home will be, when caught, barred from future reentry for a period of 10 years.
    • This is not a "touchback" provision. Those who leave this country and apply to return from their home country would go to the back of the line.
    4. Enforce the Law on Employers
    • Employment is the chief draw for most illegal immigrants and denying them jobs is the centerpiece of an attrition strategy.
    • Impose steep fines and penalties on employers that violate the law.
    • Institute a universal, mandatory citizenship verification system as part of the normal hiring process.
    • Prevent the IRS and the Social Security Administration from accepting fraudulent Social Security numbers or numbers that don't match the employees' names.*

5. Establish an Economic Border
    • Move toward passage of the FairTax.
    • The FairTax provides an extra layer of security by creating an economic disincentive to immigrate to the U.S. illegally.

6. Empower Local Authorities
    • Promote better cooperation on enforcement by supporting legislative measures such as the CLEAR Act, which aims to systematize the relationship between local law and federal immigration officials.
    • Encourage immigration-law training for police. Local authorities must be provided the tools, training, and funding they need so local police can turn illegal immigrants over to the federal authorities.
    7. Ensure Document Security
    • End exemptions for Mexicans and Canadians to the US-VISIT program, which tracks the arrival and departure of foreign visitors. Since these countries account for the vast majority of foreigners coming here (85 percent), such a policy clearly violates Congress' intent in mandating this check-in/check-out system.
    • Reject Mexico's "matricula consular" card, which functions as an illegal-immigrant identification card.
    8. Discourage Dual Citizenship
    • Inform foreign governments when their former citizens become naturalized U.S. citizens.
    • Impose civil and/or criminal penalties on American citizens who illegitimately use their dual status (e.g., using a foreign passport, voting in elections in both a foreign country and the U.S.).
    9. Modernize the Process of Legal Immigration
    • Eliminate the visa lottery system and the admission category for adult brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.
    • Increase visas for highly-skilled and highly-educated applicants.
    • Expedite processing for those who serve honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces.
    • Improve our immigration process so that those patiently and responsibly seeking to come here legally will not have to wait decades to share in the American dream.
    #3:
    The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    #4:
    Immigration is one of those challenging issues that touch on many aspects of American life.
    I have always believed that our border must be secure and that the federal government has utterly failed in its responsibility to ensure that it is secure. If we have learned anything from the recent immigration debate, it is that Americans have little trust that their government will honor a pledge to do the things necessary to make the border secure.

As president, I will secure the border. I will restore the trust Americans should have in the basic competency of their government. A secure border is an essential element of our national security. Tight border security includes not just the entry and exit of people, but also the effective screening of cargo at our ports and other points of entry.

But a secure border will contribute to addressing our immigration problem most effectively if we also:

Recognize the importance of building strong allies in Mexico and Latin America who reject the siren call of authoritarians like Hugo Chavez, support freedom and democracy, and seek strong domestic economies with abundant economic opportunities for their citizens.

Recognize the importance of pro-growth policies -- keeping government spending in check, holding down taxes, and cutting unnecessary regulatory burdens -- so American businesses can hire and pay the best.

Recognize the importance of a flexible labor market to keep employers in business and our economy on top. It should provide skilled Americans and immigrants with opportunity. Our education system should ensure skills for our younger workers, and our retraining and assistance programs for displaced workers must be modernized so they can pursue those opportunities

Recognize the importance of assimilation of our immigrant population, which includes learning English, American history and civics, and respecting the values of a democratic society.

Recognize that America will always be that "shining city upon a hill," a beacon of hope and opportunity for those seeking a better life built on hard work and optimism.
    Border security and our failed immigration system are more examples of an ailing Washington culture in need of reform to regain the trust of Americans. In too many areas -- from immigration and pork barrel spending to Social Security, health care, energy security and tax relief -- business-as-usual politics prevents addressing the important challenges facing our nation.

Which do you think is the best policy?
    Do you know which is each candidates position?
    #1 Romney
    #2 Huckabee
    #3 Paul
    #4 McCain
    Interesting? I think so, I just thought I would post this so we know each candidates positions.

#4 is the CFR plan, Lame Brain has no brain and is nothing but a CRF mouthpiece.
    Recognize the importance of building strong allies in Mexico and Latin America who reject the siren call of authoritarians like Hugo Chavez, support freedom and democracy, and seek strong domestic economies with abundant economic opportunities for their citizens.
    Securng our nation comes first. In order to build strong allies in Central and South America, we don't have to let them invade us in order to 'build strong allies'.

#3 Doesn't talk about attrition or workplace enforcement.

• Ensure that an interlocking surveillance camera system is installed along the border by July 1, 2010.
    • Ensure that the border fence construction is completed by July 1, 2010.
    Not good enough. We all know that the NAU is due to be implemented by 2010 and July of that year as a proposed deadline is nothing but a stall tactic. Duncan Hunter said he could build it in 6 months, which is true if you use several hundred contractors, it is doable. Surveillance cameras are nothing more than holes in the fence that can be turned off and on and even ignored. #2 does not state no benefits for illegal aliens. Other than that, #2 is looking good.

• Encourage immigration-law training for police. Local authorities must be provided the tools, training, and funding they need so local police can turn illegal immigrants over to the federal authorities.
    I guess this would eliminate sanctuary cities if ALL local authorities are to enforce the law..needs clarification.

#1 Looks good and hits on all major points of enforcement, but needs to go into more detail. It also does not state no benefits for illegal aliens.

Conclusion:
    #2 is broken down real nicely and could be an attractive package. Problem is can we trust Huckabilly to follow through. #'s 3 and 4 fail, especially #4. #1 wins, but needs more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    my problem is they can put anything they want on paper saying all that they want you to believe

The Proof is in the pudding and all we have is the candidates past to go on

That boots out
    McJackA$$
    Hucabuck

That leaves Ron Paul and Romney and both look good to me although I am a HUGE Ron Paul Fan

I already voted 4 Ron Paul but... McJackA$$ scares the hell outta me and what it would do to this country .... so I am rooting for Romney and Paul
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

STRATEGY FOR SUPER TUESDAY - I NEED HELP!

I don't think Ron Paul's low numbers are going to get him a win on Super Tuesday, Feb. 5.

I am going to vote for Mitt Romney in hopes of knocking McCain off his high horse.

If it works then I am hoping Ron Paul will become an INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT.

IF HE DOES, HE WILL GET MY VOTE AND EVEN IF HE LOSES TO ROMNEY WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK WITH IN FUTURE TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK.

IF ANYONE HAS A BETTER IDEA - I WILL BE GLAD TO READ ABOUT IT ON ALIPAC.

With our deepest respect and appreciation for the efforts of all of our heroes of the day, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul......it is OBVIOUS that we MUST join hands across America and put Mitt Romney into the White House.

We can do it. Our strength is in our numbers.

Go around your neighborhoods this weekend, send your families and friends emails, please this is the weekend to UNITE our country!!

HERE IS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

I am also looking at him. I dont want Hiltery in or Mcamesty in, I am at a lose. I see our AMERICA falling apart. I am sooooo tired.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

#2 had alot listed that I am for:
    1. I liked the "Matricular Card" being rejected as a means of identity.
    2. Attrition
    3. But there was no mention of "birthright citizenship" being zapped.

#4 I knew it was McLAME talking from the very beginning. "MY FRIENDS, AMNESTY WILL BE HERE IF I AM ELECTED"
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rockfish.
    I agree, I'm wondering:
    #1 will any of the candidates do what they say (past performance of presidents/elected officials all the way down proves that most do not.
    #2 even if they do get in office, do they not have to get congress to go along with any package they produce?
    #3 who will have the balls to stand up to congress to make sure they do thier job?

Also on the wall deadline, I am not positive, but hasn't work already been put off/stalled on wall construction? Yes Duncan had a great proposal to get teh wall done in 6 months (maybe a little hasty seeing how many miles have to be installed) but I don't see anybody else giving a date saying when it will be done by.

If Huck were to do what his platform states, I have to believe it is the best package out there for stopping illegal immigration.

Unfortunately I am still distressed that people keep thinking that by stopping the flow from Mexico we are safe, I live by the Canadian border in Washington State, and they are coming in from Canada almost as bad as hey are from Mexico, there are also more known terrorsist organizations in Canada than Mexico by far.
    I hope we can move to secure the Canadian border soon also.