Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Prominent COUNTER to Count Illegals

An interesting thought: For anyone with an anti-illegal immigration website, cable show, or tv show: have a prominent 'counter' on the corner of the screen, which updates every minute or five minutes, the estimated number of new illegals who have crossed into our country from Mexico and Canada, and the number of people who have overstayed their visas (optional.) Pick a starting date and run the counter for a month. The end result after 30 days will be an amazing figure.

If this is possible to do technologically, it could increase the interest for a viewer to a website or news program (like Lou Dobb's show.) And educate them at the same time.

The Ostrich

it is very possible to do.

like the war cost counters. Im not a scripting wizard but I believe there is a script somewhere on the internet where you just input the values and let it start.

The counters reminds me of flights from LAX to destinations in Baja Mexico. The planes are almost always either completely full or there are one or two empty seats. The stewardesses always walk down the aircraft line with a hand clicker hand counting each passenger. I asked one once why she didn't just subtract the # of empty seats. She looked at me like I had 2 heads. That's just an aside but I think it explains why Mexico has no space program.