Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Proposed "Americanization movement" targeting

Before teaching U.S. History to classes comprised of new immigrants, it would be a good idea to revise those history books once and for all.

While the main stories are the same, it's time to include the contributions of everyone else (read other ethnicities) who created to the greatness of this country. It's time to include the roles played by Latinos, African Americans and Asian Americans in the creation of this country.
    Gee, why stop there let's include Irish-Americans, Scottish-Americans, British-Americans, German-Americans, Japanese-Americans, Polynesian-Americans, Italian-Americans, etc etc etc etc. These people are so racist it makes me mad. Why do we always have to make these divisions in this country, Why not just leave history as it is and call the accomplishments made, those made by Americans?

If the government was truly sincere about wanting to help immigrants assimilate, then they should make the process affordable and as convenient as possible. It's one thing to make people work to receive their citizenship but it's quite another to make them suffer for it.
    Suffer? My wife earned her US citizenship a year ago. She didn't have to suffer. It makes me wonder if the idiots who write this crap have any idea what it is like to be an immigrant. Much less what it is like to go through the process of getting permanent residence and citizenship. My wife studied for the exam and got a perfect score. She filled out the application without having to depend on open boarders free legal advice. She paid the fee and waited 5 months for an appointment to take the exam. My wife now knows as much or more that most living here in America about the history of this country. Thus she is a very informed voter now. Not once did she feel discriminated against or have to suffer for anything.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    It's time to include the roles played by Latinos, African Americans and Asian Americans in the creation of this country.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there were any Latinos, African Americans or Asians among the founding fathers.

No offense to them, it's just that they were not among those who founded our nation and it's a lie to write history books that say they were. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have to say that the roles played by Latinos and Asians in the creation of this country was zero and the role played by African Americans was that of slaves with no input at all.

They all played roles after it was created to develop it, but as far as I am aware, they were not involved in the creation.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

An Americanization program for new LEGAL immigrants is a GREAT IDEA!

When the immigration rate into a country exceeds the assimilation rate, that country is doomed.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there were any Latinos, African Americans or Asians among the founding fathers.
    You are correct but there were black Americans and American Indians who fought and died for the Revolution. Go look up Crispus Attucks.

I did notice they left out Americans Indians in their "inclusive" list, maybe they think American Indians are already well represented in the history books?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

It is NOT the government's job to teach English! Billions of immigrants through the centuries have come to America and learned English on their own, regardless of cost or convenience. LEGAL immigrants know this and have no problems assimilating - because they WANT to!

Illegal aliens have NO respect for American culture, American language, and American LAWS! Their sole purpose here is to steal as much as they can before returning home to live like kings (or so they think). They see no need to assimilate, they demand everything in their language(s). Proving once and for all that illegal aliens do NOT belong here!
    You are absolutely right and its too bad the MSM hasn't said anything like this. In my time living here in this sanctuary city called Houston (the new capital of Mexico), I have actually met and talked to many illegal aliens. Here is what they all have in common. None of them want to become citizens. None of them want to even learn English or the American culture. None of them care one thing about American, Americans, or our culture and laws. All they want to do is make as much cash as the can, any way they have to make it, so they can return to Mexico to open a business or as you said "live like kings."

As you said, LEGAL immigrants come here because they want to be part of this country. They have a great desire to assimilate, work legally, get an education and earn the American dream. The don't refer to themselves as Hispanic-Americans, Mexican-Americans are any other hyphenated form of American. They have pride in their new home and pride on giving back to a country that opened it's arms and welcomed them. Legal immigrants are perfectly happy with being American because they chose this country as their new home.

We can give every illegal alien in this country amnesty until we are blue in the face. They simply don't care. They are not going to turn themselves in and pay a silly fine. they are not going to go back home and wait in line to be here legally. They are already here. Had they wanted to do anything legally they could have all saved the $6000 they pay to a coyote and applied a very small amount of this money to get permanent residence. They have no intention of calling America their home and no intention of respecting our laws. They just want some quick cash and take as much as they can while they are here and then scoot back home.

Its too bad all of these bleeding heart liberals who want to open up our borders for these thieves don't sit down and talk to one or two of them instead of feeling sorry for them. I have to ask these open border idiots, would you open the doors of your home to anyone that wanted to walk in? I rather doubt it. These people are just like the rest of us in the fact that we all lock our doors as soon as we get inside. So then why the heck do they expect we leave the doors of this country wide open?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Before teaching U.S. History to classes comprised of new immigrants, it would be a good idea to revise those history books once and for all.
    Hey, stupid! You can't just change history. What we're going through right now with all the illegal aliens invading our country isn't even history yet. It's a nightmare that we're all currently living in. This idiot wants to erase what the brave men and women who founded this country have done to make it what it is, and instead glorify those who have come here to make demands on our government and to try to do everything they can to change our culture and our identity. They want erase America and start over their way.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I'm sure they would like to start with the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

"If this "Americanization" fails, the nation could see major problems in 20 or 30 years, with foreign-born populations detached from the larger society and engaging in anti-social behavior."
    Amazing how far these folks can go. And personally, I feel this as a threat on our sovereignty. They must be taking a page from GWB whose war on terror advised we should go shopping and the great hint about the duct-taping of our windows defending against the next attack.
    And why the crap are foreign-born populations going to engage in anti-social behavior? Perhaps because we haven't gotten rid of the illegals that demand taxpayer dollar support for their lifestyles?

"If this "Americanization" fails, the nation could see major problems in 20 or 30 years, with foreign-born populations detached from the larger society and engaging in anti-social behavior."
    I missed this earlier. This guy really has his head in the sand. We already have "major problems" in CA since our legislature represents Mexicans, not Americans!! They take from Americans and give it away to the Mexicans, that is why CA is bankrupt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I missed this earlier. This guy really has his head in the sand. We already have "major problems" in CA since our legislature represents Mexicans, not Americans!! They take from Americans and give it away to the Mexicans, that is why CA is bankrupt!
    Your right Bowman that slipped by me also, this is already happening but not just in Calif. it is happening all over the country and not in just major cities...that is why so many rural towns are so upset.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12