Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Protesters Disrupt Hispanic Festival in Riverside

Got this from the baldchick who happens to be Mrs. Jake Jacobsen.

UB

Protesters Disrupt Hispanic Festival in Riverside

I read that headline and thought I was diving into a story about an anti-illegal immigration protest. HAH!

About 40 activists disrupted the Press Enterprise's annual Hispanic festival to protest what they call anti-immigrant coverage in the newspaper's editorial pages.

Organized by a coalition of university students and community-based immigrant rights groups, the protesters marched through the annual Fiesta de la Familia and handed out fliers contesting the newspaper's immigration coverage.

Ooooooooohhhhhh. University students. Now it all makes sense. I only did one semester at college, but I can help you guys out here. It's a little embarassing, I know, being helped out intellectually by a college drop-out but, hey, that's life.

Editorial = OPINION...an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor, or editors
    Coverage = NEWS...the reporting and subsequent publishing or broadcasting of news

You see, we're free to give our opinions in this country, whether you like it or not. The news coverage is, of course, supposed to be unbiased and factual. You should definitely complain when it isn't. Like I did here, for example, and to which I received this completely unsatisfactory response -- probably because the only honest response the reporter could have given would have been to admit that he did, indeed, purposefully use an inaccurate term to describe me and those who agree with me.

Now that we've clarified the difference between editorial (opinion) and coverage (news) when it comes to the media, let me add that you have every right to protest. Another great freedom of life in the U. S. of A.

May I suggest, however, coming up with a well-thought-out message that makes logical sense first? One that can't be completely deflated with a quick visit to dictionary.com? It makes for an oh-so-much-more-credible protest.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_287191559.html
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

More students protesting free speech!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am soooooooo sick of hearing about students running their mouth about anything. What do they know?!!! Most (not all), come straight from mommy and daddy and have never worked a day in their life. They go to expensive schools by day and frat-parties by night while being taught by professors who live in the land of theory.

Who cares what they think?!!

D.W.

P.S. I have every right to say this, as I worked my way through school working two jobs and saw these ingrates first hand.
    D.W.