Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Purposeful Delay of Guard Deployment...Bush's Trump Card?

Why didn't Bush just deploy the Guard immediately to protect our borders? The Posse Comitatus Act does not stop him. He does have full constitutional power to deploy any troops needed to protect our borders.

I guess it is obvious but he is just trading any possible deployment of the Guard for the passage of the immigration bill he wants. Now, it appears that the house might not be so kind to him as the Senate. So, does he back down on the Guard deployment? He knows that each week we wait more try to rush across the border. But what may be against him is that the borders states are doing more...not less to secure their borders.

If Bush does not get the bill he wants do you think he will still deploy the Guard? Or maybe he dares not to since he promised.

I think it was to calm the enraged American after the protests in the streets so the Senate could pass this travesty of a bill
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

First, I believe that he would have to "suspend" the Posse Comitatus by exec order.

2nd. I agree with Mamie, as I said before, this was a bone thrown out to attempt to take eyes off of the Senate and their traitorous actions in pushing this bill. To deter the American people from FOCUSING. To some extent, it worked.

my 2 cents
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are still some media stories getting out there about the rush for the border before the National Guard get there. And yes the mindless people who are not informed will think they are safe.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree, it was a promise to calm us down but is not working.

Has anyone seen a recent approval/opionion poll on Bush?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya...a definate ploy and they're adding some deportations and some sob stories and in the mean time........the borders are still open and more are crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    First, I believe that he would have to "suspend" the Posse Comitatus by exec order.

2nd. I agree with Mamie, as I said before, this was a bone thrown out to attempt to take eyes off of the Senate and their traitorous actions in pushing this bill. To deter the American people from FOCUSING. To some extent, it worked.

my 2 cents
    2ndamendsis - you've got me going absolutely nuts here - to the point that I am going to go study up on the Posse Comitatus act because I honestly do believe you are mistaken.

The Posse Comitatus act was meant to prohibit the use of our armed forces to assist in LAW ENFORCEMENT activities. LAW ENFORCEMENT is a far cry from national security and national defense.

The original "Federal Government" was CHARGED with the PRIMARY duty of securing the borders, maritime operations and air space and to provide for their monitoring and defense. Use of our armed forces for the purpose of defense within our borders IS the charged duty of our Federal and State governments. Only difference is - the original constitution provided for a "militia" which could be called upon by the government in times of national emergency and/or distress. If you will study it, the "militia" was simply stated as a requirement for every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. James Madison was one of those who drafted the terminology, and if one applies English compositional dissection of the entire writing, it does indeed suggest that this "militia" wasn't meant to be what we now know as the "National Guard" or any other type of "standing armed forces".

But, since our government system disregarded the operational guidelines set forth for a national defense structure and went ahead and created a standing armed forces regime anyway after having finally weakened the people through long series of attacks against the 2nd Amendment and the concept of an armed population - they must now be AT LEAST charged with the duties the former were set forth to perform. That is, to secure the nation's borders, provide for the common defense of our land, sea and air territories and to ensure all is protected from attack through any and all of those medium.

Military forces used for law enforcement? Incorrct and unlawful Constitutionally. But Military forces used for what they were meant to be in the first place - protection of the homeland - Constitutional and proper.

The Posse Comitatus was a safeguard implemented to prevent usurpation of our law enforcement structure which is meant to be administered at the local and state level. NOT the Federal level!

If you feel I am incorrect in what I know of this - provide me one more iota of reason and I will hit the books to double check on my understanding. However, at this time I do believe I've done my homework.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Banned
    Concernedveteran, I think you are correct. Since border control is a delegated federal power, there should not be a Posse Comitatus conflict here.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

my 2 cents
    2ndamendsis - you've got me going absolutely nuts here - to the point that I am going to go study up on the Posse Comitatus act because I honestly do believe you are mistaken.

The Posse Comitatus act was meant to prohibit the use of our armed forces to assist in LAW ENFORCEMENT activities. LAW ENFORCEMENT is a far cry from national security and national defense.

The original "Federal Government" was CHARGED with the PRIMARY duty of securing the borders, maritime operations and air space and to provide for their monitoring and defense. Use of our armed forces for the purpose of defense within our borders IS the charged duty of our Federal and State governments. Only difference is - the original constitution provided for a "militia" which could be called upon by the government in times of national emergency and/or distress. If you will study it, the "militia" was simply stated as a requirement for every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. James Madison was one of those who drafted the terminology, and if one applies English compositional dissection of the entire writing, it does indeed suggest that this "militia" wasn't meant to be what we now know as the "National Guard" or any other type of "standing armed forces".

But, since our government system disregarded the operational guidelines set forth for a national defense structure and went ahead and created a standing armed forces regime anyway after having finally weakened the people through long series of attacks against the 2nd Amendment and the concept of an armed population - they must now be AT LEAST charged with the duties the former were set forth to perform. That is, to secure the nation's borders, provide for the common defense of our land, sea and air territories and to ensure all is protected from attack through any and all of those medium.

Military forces used for law enforcement? Incorrct and unlawful Constitutionally. But Military forces used for what they were meant to be in the first place - protection of the homeland - Constitutional and proper.

The Posse Comitatus was a safeguard implemented to prevent usurpation of our law enforcement structure which is meant to be administered at the local and state level. NOT the Federal level!

If you feel I am incorrect in what I know of this - provide me one more iota of reason and I will hit the books to double check on my understanding. However, at this time I do believe I've done my homework.
    I think you're right
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

It is being delayed so thousands will have a chance to get into the country and I will only believe it when I see it. Hurricane season is starting up so that would be a good reason to delay it some more, a month would take us into hurricane season and then the guard will be too busy with that to go to the border. How effective could they be anyhow, with no guns and how far back? 20 miles? 30 miles? maybe 50 miles? from the border. I just heard on Larry King Live that 79% of americans approve of some form of amnesty. It just makes my blood pressure rise, everytime I hear that lie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast