Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Push for a Single Unified North American Regulatory Regi

The Push for a Single Unified North American Regulatory Regime

By Dana Gabriel

It was surprising that bilateral relations with the U.S. did not play a more prominent role during the recent Canadian election considering that both countries are pursuing a trade and security agreement. In fact, the issue did not really surface until the dying days of the campaign. After winning a much coveted majority government, Stephen Harper’s Conservatives are moving ahead quickly with perimeter security and regulatory harmonization negotiations. NAFTA and the defunct Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) both addressed issues such as regulatory cooperation. The goal of creating a single unified business-friendly regulatory regime for North America now continues on different fronts.

In the final week of the Canadian election campaign, consumer advocate and four-time candidate for President of the United States, Ralph Nader warned about Canada-U.S. deep integration. In an open letter to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, he raised concerns over the lack of transparency regarding talks between the two countries on a trade and border security deal. Nader cautioned that a, “North American Security Perimeter Agreement will wrap many Canadian concerns — your Arctic, water, energy, anti-monopoly and foreign investment reviews — in a bi-national security blanket.â€

working4change

The North American Forum on Integration

The North American Model Legislation
    Tempe (Arizona), May 29th to June 3rd, 2011

WHO ARE WE?

The North American Forum on Integration (NAFI) is a non-profit organization based in Montreal. NAFI, created in 2002, aims to address the issues raised by North American integration as well as identify new ideas and strategies to reinforce the North American region.

Over the first two years of its existence, NAFI organized conferences which brought together government and academic figures as well as business people. The first conference organized by NAFI, entitled “Beyond Free Trade: Strengthening North Americaâ€

I refuse to be subject to any government designed to rob me of my humanity, dignity, cultural/linguistic heritage, freedom, or anything else. Let 'em come and arrest me, cause Big Business will not be my Big Brother. They can all burn in Hell if they refuse to change.

April
    Please READ AND DISTRIBUTE!!!! North American Union Confirmed by WikiLeaks Document!!!

http://www.alipac.us/article-6304-thread-1-0.html

http://www.alipac.us/article-6305--0-0.html

Well this begins to tell us why the border fence isn't completed, and why our border security is not up to par... In order for this borderless North American Union plan to be implemented, I guess these things are not needed... Too bad our security as a nation is not a priority.