Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

question about legality of this...

Does anyone know whether a state can legally pass something along these lines:

* Law to require employers to verify the SSNs of all job applicants and turn them away if the numbers are fradulent. Failure to do so would result in massive fines or jail time.

Thanks!

Banned
    Find the thread where Mo Brooks is running for Lt. Gov. in Alabama. I lost the link after I downloaded his .doc format proposal, or I'd post it for you here.

I'll just post his proposal...

THE SOLUTION: THE STOP EMPLOYMENT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS ACT

Mo Brooks, candidate for Lt. Governor, advocates the "Stop Employment of Illegal Aliens Act." ("SEIAA" – pronounced "See Ya"). A copy of SEIAA is attached. In summary:

A. Criminal Penalties. SEIAA makes it a crime to intentionally (Class C felony), knowingly (Class A misdemeanor) or recklessly (Class B misdemeanor) hire illegal aliens. Criminal penalties include, for each offense: fines up to $5,000, incarceration up to ten years in jail, reimbursement of actual costs to prosecute the criminal action, reimbursement of actual costs to use Alabama courtrooms, and a wage penalty equal to the greater of $5,000 or triple the profit made from hiring illegal aliens.

B. Civil Penalties. SEIAA creates a civil cause of action (brought by the government or private parties) against those who intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or negligently hire illegal aliens. Civil penalties include, for each violation: reimbursement of actual costs to prosecute the civil action, reimbursement of the actual cost to use Alabama courtrooms, and a wage penalty equal to the greater of $5,000 or triple the profit made from hiring illegal aliens.

C. Whistleblower Rewards. Substantial rewards are provided to private persons who report information that results in civil judgments or criminal convictions for wrongful employment of illegal aliens. Substantial penalties are imposed on employers who retaliate against an employee who reports wrongful hiring of illegal aliens.

Sounds pretty simple to me

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome to ALIPAC, nice to see a leader in the younger groups out there. Keep up the good work.
    I truly hope that a state can pass and enforce such a law. I personally, although I am certainly not a lawyer or politician, think that each state has the right to make its own laws when it comes to such matters.
    I was once naive enough to think this was something all employers did, checking SSno's on all potential employees, but it seems they do not.
    I would hope they start doing it and the states start enforcing it be done. All too much employers hire people that should not be hired for various reasons. They hire illegal aliens, criminals unfit for specific positions (those who are sex offenders and wind up being hired to work with children) and on like that.
    When states begin enforcing the verification of SSNO's then illegal aliens will start having no alternative but to go back to their own countries as this one will no longer be a place they can have a foothold in. This will be a great step for our country.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

* Law to require employers to verify the SSNs of all job applicants and turn them away if the numbers are fradulent. Failure to do so would result in massive fines or jail time.
    Actually, the law saying they have to verify that a person HAS a number have been on the books since the 1980's. If HR4437 passes, it will make it a mandatory thing to use the proper channels to check for fraudulent numbers.

And if HR4437 passes, the fines will be a given for employers who don't comply. However, it is my understanding that there is no provision in that law to GET RID OF the illegals already employed. But we can deal with that after the fact if they just get the damn ball rolling!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)