Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    From one of my articles on The Motley Fool / Food Prices Paving Way for Social Unrest As world food prices continue to approach crisis levels, and global demand continues to increase, one international organization, The World Economic Forum, warns of possible “social and political instability.â€

Banned
    topsecret10's CAPS Blog Sounding the Alarm Recs 12
    Report January 30, 2011 – Comments (7)

I have been sounding the alarm for months while literally EVERYTHING was going up,that we could not sustain these "irrational market"(s) The turmoil In the middle east Is just ONE of a number of possible "events" that will cause uncertainty to creep back Into the (market(s). At one point we were only 17% from an ALL TIME HIGH ON THE DOW ! You have got to be kidding me ! Also,every commodity on earth has zoomed Into the stratusphere ! Yet no Inflation ? WRONG ! Just go to the grocery store,or fill up your car with gas.... go buy an ounce or two of gold while you are at at ! These are MANIPULATED MARKETS my fellow fools,and the rich are getting richer ! Goldman Sachs Is giving out pay raises and huge bonuses again ! Pretty easy to make money when you get It for FREE from the Federal Government ! We were at nosebleed levels on the dow 2000 points ago In my opinion. What am I missing here ? China central bank says Fed easing ineffective and dangerous Published: Sunday, 30 Jan 2011

BEIJING (Reuters) - Quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve and other central banks cannot address fundamental economic problems but may lead to excessive global liquidity and competitive currency depreciation, China's central bank said on Sunday.

In its monetary policy report for the final quarter of 2010, the People's Bank of China (PBOC) also confirmed that it would target 16 percent growth of the broad M2 measure of money supply this year, down from the 19.9 pct growth recorded at the end of 2010.

The central bank said the Fed's monetary easing was pushing up international commodity prices and asset prices in emerging markets, including China.

"Quantitative easing policy cannot fundamentally address economic problems, and it may cause excessive liquidity on a global scale as well as risks of competitive currency depreciation," the Chinese central bank said in its 59-page report.

"It is creating imported inflation and short-term capital inflows, pressuring emerging markets," it said.

As a result, China needed to work hard to soak up liquidity from foreign exchange inflows in order to minimize the impact on the domestic economy, it added.

The central bank reiterated that it would keep the yuan basically stable while making the exchange rate regime more flexible.

The central bank said it would continue to use different tools, including interest rates, bank reserve requirements and open-market operations, to rein in money supply and bank credit growth as a way of handling inflationary pressure.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/41336393

"That's all fine and good, but what about Hops and Barley?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    SicNTiredInSoCal / I have been Investing In "the markets" since 1982. The Dow was under 800 I have vast experience In many types of Investing vehicles. There are some very good websites that you can use to educate yourself concerning financial decisions that will affect your family's future. Knowledge Is power,and I am here to help If you have some specific questions. I learned long ago not to trust my finances to a so called expert. I make all of my own Investment decisions,and It has been working out pretty good. Give me an Idea of what kind of Investments that you have and I will have a better Idea of what websites to steer you towards so that you can begin to take charge of your own money.... It's not as hard as you think TS

Banned
    Here Is one of my posts (Motley Fool) that was pretty popular on the site. / Stock lesson, Beginners guide to financial statements . November 28, 2009

The Basics

If you can read a nutrition label or a baseball box score, you can learn to read basic financial statements. If you can follow a recipe or apply for a loan, you can learn basic accounting. The basics aren’t difficult and they aren’t rocket science.

This article is designed to help you gain a basic understanding of how to read financial statements. Just as a CPR class teaches you how to perform the basics of cardiac pulmonary resuscitation, this article will explain how to read the basic parts of a financial statement. It will not train you to be an accountant (just as a CPR course will not make you a cardiac doctor), but it should give you the confidence to be able to look at a set of financial statements and make sense of them.

Let’s begin by looking at what financial statements do.

“Show me the money!â€

"Invest in Bud-Light!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

www.shtfplan.com is an interesting website. On this site, you will find pathways to Gerald Celente, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, etc. I, personally, pay attention to Bob Chapman (International Forecaster) and Celente (Trends Journal). They have both called too many cycles too many times to ignore. There is plenty of other info on this site as well....all the way from those who are concerned about political unrest to downright survival.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Likewise, the United States military has been taking the necessary precautions to prepare for potential economic disaster and social unrest in the United States. In fact, the Pentagon’s Unified Quest 2011 is a training program in which soldiers are prepared for evacuation and detainment as a response to rioting related to economic disaster. According to a CNBC report:
    Stevetheroofer, we all hope your love of hops and barley gets you through the tough times ahead. Don't you think it is wise to plan ahead for the worst, and want and hope for the best? I do, and do not want anything to come up to bring us all to what seems to be looming. I would rather plan ahead, and simply be wise, seems the military is, and this is not the first time I have read so, by numerous reliable news sources, as well as reliable friends and family who are former military that have said they know plans and resources are always in place for any kind of disaster.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Stevetheroofer, we all hope your love of hops and barley gets you through the tough times ahead. Don't you think it is wise to plan ahead for the worst, and want and hope for the best?
    Get me through the worst! This is the worst for me, I have 36million illegal aliens stealing my work, hence the name stevethemostexcellentroofer for 4yrs I've been forced to live hand to mouth, I can't get Obama unemployment checks, I don't have a 401K, my job is all I have and it's been stolen from me! They told me I'm eligable to receive $124 a month in food stamps, I told that pencil whipping piece of crap to go buy $124 worth of watermelons and stick em'....and trust me I can't afford to drink as much Beer as I would like. And if the Military is stock piling for the worst then I'd have to say they're part of the problem! I'm not going to live my life in fear, because a handful of elites want to rule the world! It says in the Bible "The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth" that's because people like me "Stood the line!" So they could run and hide! And hope for the best, I still sing and dance and make people laugh everyday and that to me is worth more than silver and gold, So let em' melt down all they're silver and gold and make a statue of Obama or Oprah or Soros or whoever I'm just Happy to be me! I refuse to live in a world ruled by fear and if that makes me foolish, then call me a damn fool, but don't do it to my face, because that would be foolish!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast