Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Questions for Frank and the Producers of FX Show 30 days

Frank George & Morgan Spurlock:

I have some serious questions about the "30 days" show featuring Frank George and his experiences living with an illegal alien family of seven.

First, I would like to comment that the bias in the show was horrendous and Mr. Spurlock's continual insults calling Mr. George "anti-immigrant" were laughable considering he is an immigrant, he supports legal immigrants, and was quite caring to the family of illegals.

Second, I would like to tell you both that I was deeply offended by the openly racist comments by the mother and daughter about how they did not want a white person or "Gringo" to live with them. Gringo is the N word for white people and I find it surprising that the FX network would allow such racist comments on the air.

My question is this....

The show claims that the father makes less than $15,000 dollars per which is "much lower than the poverty level" in America. The show also presents the claim that the mother has no no employment due to her illegal status. While this claim is very radical considering the vast numbers of employed illegal aliens in America, let us assume that the claim is true.

All of the children are 18 and younger, so perhaps some of them have jobs but that was not mentioned.

Assuming the show's claim that the family income is less than $15,000 per year then why is it this family has at least three TV's, a Play Station 2 video game station, a computer, an Internet connection, and top of the line makeup products?

I do not understand where the surplus income for these items and amenities would come from.

With seven family members that gives us seven people eating meals 365 days per year. That equals 2,555 daily meal units and with three meals that brings us to 7,665 meals per year.

At this rate, each person in the household would have to survive off of less than $5.87 per day per person for food alone. Each meal would have to be less than $1.96 per person per meal per day.

Now this is all predicated upon the assumption that their entire family income, minus the Christmas savings in the shoe, is allocated to food.

Considering the school supplies, clothing, health care costs, dental costs, furnishings, cleaning products, power and utilities, rent, toiletries, and pet supplies for the cat, I'm wondering where in the hell did they get all of this money because the claim they are existing off of less than $15,000 per year in wages is outlandish!

Do they own a vehicle? Are the taxpayers paying for their food and health care and rent and utilities? Where is the extra money coming from?

Not only are the amenities shown in the show of a computer, an Internet connection, expensive makeup, golf clubs, golfing fees and memberships, a Play Station 2, three TVs, and a long rack of CDs or DVDs over the large television in the living room outlandish, but the daughter is applying to Princeton ?!?!?!?!?

Give me a break. Someone needs to do some explaining here. This family is either heavily subsidized by the American taxpayers or selling drugs or someone in the family and or at FX lied their butts off about employment and family income levels. It could be all of the above.

Please explain to me where the 'mistake' is.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great job, W! Thank you from all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Great job, W! Thank you from all of us!
    Sorta crazy aint it? I mean, it all makes sense unless you like ... um do the math.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I didn't see the show, but being an accountant, I can tell you the math hit me right between the ears.

I've heard of trying to stuff 10 lbs. of "schtuff" in a 5 lb. bag, but this is more like PULING 10 lbs. of "schtuff" OUT of a 5 lb. bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    I didn't see the show, but being an accountant, I can tell you the math hit me right between the ears.

I've heard of trying to stuff 10 lbs. of "schtuff" in a 5 lb. bag, but this is more like PULING 10 lbs. of "schtuff" OUT of a 5 lb. bag.
    CW,

Great point! And, William, great comments directed at this show that I missed! I wonder too how families that claim poverty can afford all that they do. I now have a teen daughter working in a local grocery chain. Some of those food stamp and WIC programs are suspect on who should be receiving them. I hear people who work in medical and/or hospital settings comment and complain on Medicaid abuse.

The list goes on and on . . .
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Help Send Armida to College!

http://www.armidacollegefund.com/
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Help Send Armida to College!

http://www.armidacollegefund.com/
    This is the absolute biggest set of, of, well you know what, that I've ever seen.

This cutsy, demented child actually believes that she should have the right to go to college, with private donations, WHEN AMERICAN KIDS ARE WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF TO DO IT!!!!

I just can't believe this!!! I'm actually sick to my stomach!!

Admittedly "illegal" and its not too hard to trace a PayPal account, why doesn't ICE pay her a visit???
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Admittedly "illegal" and its not too hard to trace a PayPal account, why doesn't ICE pay her a visit???
    When all the hoopla dies down, rest assured Ice Will pay them a visit
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

This is such FRAUD! Something needs to be done about this.

W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast