Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quotes from Dream Conf. Call

I'm bad - Quotes from some Dreamers that participated in call.

Dream will hit the floor next week.
    This week is reserved for START treaty and government funding bill
    DREAM will be the last thing on Agenda more or less.
    START bill and Government funding bill will need to be passed first.
    Durbin: "We will try to get this bill passed before Christmas"

Furthermore, I forgot if it was Durbin, Menendez, or Gutierrez that mentioned that at this moment we have 58 senators on board with the DREAM Act, that is also taking into consideration the democratic senators that are not on board.
    The reason that they gave as to why it did not pass in september was because the republican senators complained that the defense bill had to be alone, not news to most here, but they have brought it as a stand alone in order to not give them that excuse again. Well, this time they said they will not pass anything until the tax bill goes through, so they are going to finish the taxation bill by tomorrow.

Then they will tackle the START treaty and the government funding bill before touching the DREAM Act, which should give us an opportunity to call, call, call. They are now potentially facing other obstacles, excuses by the republicans who want to read the bills again (i took that as meaning the START treaty and government), which according to Durbin one takes about 15 hours to read and the other about a day, obviously a tactic to take time away, and they are trying to prevent that from happening in order to get this through before the lame duck session ends.
    -Our Elected Official Leaders have asked for our help, they cannot do this by themselves. The community of "Dream Act Beneficiaries" and their "Allies" have to stand up and voice your concerns to Republicans, call: 1-866-587-6101.

-Let Durbin and Reid gather the votes, that is their job, if all "Dream Act Benficiaries" would make one call we would flood congress with 2.0 million + phonecalls, it is with very URGENT and CRITICAL FOR US DREAMERS TO VOICE OUR CONCERNS. Bob Menendez emphasized that he is confident that if we fight and we combine efforts then Republicans would feel the "heat" of this movement thus creating an environment that allows Dream Act to Pass. However, vice-versa if you sit around and let others do your work and don't call our chances of passing Dream Act are significantly reduced.

-We need to show the American Society that we are here, and that we are here to stay, and that we can talk, we are thankful of each other efforts, now make the phone call Dreamers, this our time, let your voice be hear loud and clear.

-We have the support of The White House and The President of the United States whom are counting on us to push for this, so they may have the leverage to induce Republicans to vote for the Dream Act.

-Mainly, we, Dreamers, need to create a "situation/an environment" that allows the 11/12 Republicans that have supported Dream Act in the past to choose courage over fear. Per Senator Durbin, it was understood this "situation/environment" can only be achieved by making your phone calls with as much enthusim and politeness as possible, that is, when you call express how much the Dream Act means to you, share your story, and let them khow how this impacts your life and the lives of your family

http:/ /dreamact.info/ forum/showthread. php?t=18819

Isn't this treason - This states clearly that they are Elected Official Leaders of Illegal Aliens

MontereySherry, thank you.

DREAM will be the last thing on Agenda more or less.
    Yes, sounds like a plan by them.

Luke 2:11, Unto is born a Savior, Christ the Lord
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You can download the mp3 AUDIO file here in a few seconds.
    http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1008999731/2c ... ed7745698a

The Dec 14th call on the Dream Act 29:40 duration.

6min 40sec in Sen. Durbin talks about bipartisanship, then blames the Republicans, twice, for obstructing the bill.
    8:03 Durbin says President Obama was on the phone making calls. He is committed to the Dream Act. Sec. Ken Salazar is also making calls, Janet Napolitano and Sec. of Ed. Duncan.
    9:20 Need Republican support. Don't have all the Democratic Senators.
    11:46 Sen Bob Menendez
    13:09 Menendez says, "They (the Republicans) have insisted on using the Senate rules..." (imagine that, using the rules)
    14:00 This is about what America is really all about.
    14:40 Service to the nation by intellectual capacity (?)
    17:22 Congressman Luis Gutierrez
    20:20 Going to stand up to people who hate and smear our kids
    21:41 Gabby Pacheco, student leader
    27:21 Carla Resendez just graduated from Univ of Texas, Austin with a Dr. in Pharmacy and can't practice because she needs the Dream Act.
    28:08 Sen. Durbin, "Some people on the Republican side are trying to slow us down. They say, 'We want you to read these bills." Which they can ask you to do. One of these bills will take 15 hours to read. The other one a whole day to read...We're trying to persuade them to stop this, this obstruction to stop slowing us down..."

At the 22:50 mark, illegal alien Gaby Pachecho claims that Republican Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen let her and other illegals use her office as a headquarters to lobby for the DREAM act.

In my book, that is aiding and aveting an illegal alien.
    Where is the ethics investigation on congresswoman Ros-Lethinen?

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    At the 22:50 mark, illegal alien Gaby Pachecho claims that Republican Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen let her and other illegals use her office as a headquarters to lobby for the DREAM act.

In my book, that is aiding and aveting an illegal alien.
    Where is the ethics investigation on congresswoman Ros-Lethinen?
    I don't know. I would have stripped her of her chairmanship-I know technically she's not chairman yet-but I doubt it'll happen.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    I just hope enough senators took the time to watch the dreamers vid

"we will replace the old white men in the senate"

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

This video needs to go viral......and Kent Wong and his affiliations need to be exposed. My guess is Fox News will get ahold of this and this diatribe will be exposed by Beck

Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

This video needs to go viral......and Kent Wong and his affiliations need to be exposed. My guess is Fox News will get ahold of this and this diatribe will be exposed by Beck
    Don't hold your breath. Beck and Fox aren't what you think....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is unbelievable what is going on in this Country and so many people sleep.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Lost my copy of the bill,,, Help.

Is there any thing in the bill or any proposed amendment about the fact all these illegals who were born in Mexico say,, about the fact they are now citizens of Mexico, will they be required to renounce that and or are we manf. dual citizens who can just dip into the bennies from both countries.
    To me it would be a good idea to gum up the works with a requirement they have to cancel their Mexican and or Russian citizenship before they start dreaming.....

Is there any thing to say they can not get "In Mexico" free or dole education also?

where on this board is there a down loadable copy that is the current bill

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast