Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Rahm Calls Scholarship Program “Chicago DREAM Actâ€

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel has been strongly criticized for his lack of support of the DREAM Act when he was in Washington. Now that Rahm is running for the job as Chicago’s mayor, he is out to change that perception.

The Chicago for Rahm campaign issued a press release Thursday evening touting Emanuel’s plan for immigration reform…in Chicago.

“Just because Congress has yet to pass the Dream Act doesn’t mean we will wait for progress in Chicago,â€

Hey, Rahm, how about AMERICAN kids? Pander much?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Rahm Calls Scholarship Program “Chicago DREAM Actâ€

[quote="BillCunnane"]Those eligible would be able to receive student loans to both community colleges and four-year universities at a low interest rate, Emanuel told Telemundo. His plan is to raise $5 million from “business and civic leadersâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Actually from the sound of it this idiot has very little chance of winning

BTW , Ill just raised taxes through the roof , good luck with that , in a couple months there won't be anyone left there but illegal aliens , good luck collecting taxes from them.

Banned
    Well if the taxes are raised and there is no one left there but illegals...it will be easy to round em up. No need to profile...lol.

Latino leaders criticize Emanuel on immigration
    Friday, January 14, 2011

Charles Thomas

(CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first time, Rahm Emanuel squared off against the other three major candidates in the race for mayor of Chicago. And the other three were ready to throw their punches.

Friday's forum was a meeting with the Chicago Tribune editorial board.

Not only was Emanuel's weakness among Latino politicians laid bare, he also took a frontrunner's beating at the debate, which was closed to the press.

As the four candidates left the Tribune tower, three of them agreed that Emanuel deserved to be a target.

"He hasn't faced the communities and neighborhoods across the city. He basically has had a Rose Garden strategy," said Miguel del Valle, candidate for mayor.

Part of the focus was on Emanuel's alleged reputation as a political brute.

"A lot of people have expressed to me that they are worried about such a brutish reputation being in the mayor's office of Chicago," said Gery Chico, candidate for mayor.

"Temperament is a very important thing. If you're sending dead fish to people, I mean, come on," said Carol Moseley Braun, candidate for mayor.

But the former White House chief of staff said his opponents' attacks should be focused elsewhere.

"Let's attack the problems facing the city of Chicago. I think the public will make an evaluation of who is the best candidate with the best ideas and the strength of character to see through the changes that are necessary for our city," said Emanuel.

Emanuel took the biggest hit of the day an hour later when Congressmen Luis Gutierrez and Bobby Rush were joined by some of the most powerful Latino politicians in the city, county and state. They condemned Emanuel's record on immigration reform.

"As a member of Congress and as chief of staff in the White House, he took actions to harm immigrants," said Gutierrez.

On Thursday, Emanuel offered what he called a local version of the Dream Act to help the children of undocumented immigrants. He said his record on immigration is the same as Gutierrez.

"As a congressman, about half my work was immigration reform. I voted just like Luis Gutierrez," said Emanuel.

But Gutierrez angrily disagreed, displaying a letter he wrote to Emanuel last month demanding the candidate stop deceiving Chicago voters.

"The whole story is that as a leading member of Congress and as chief of staff of the White House, Rahm has not stood up for immigrants," said Gutierrez.

Emanuel, the son of an Israeli immigrant, said those he served in Congress know the truth.

"I also helped, as a congressman, people who are stuck in the bureaucracy of the system get their citizenship," said Emanuel.

Congressman Gutierrez is supporting Gery Chicago for Chicago mayor. But the disagreement with Emanuel over immigration reform goes back several years.

Early on in the campaign, Emanuel claimed the support of Juan Rangel, the Latino leader of the United Neighborhood Organization. Since then, however, Latino political leaders have thrown their support to other candidates.

http://abclocal.go.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    "He hasn't faced the communities and neighborhoods across the city. He basically has had a Rose Garden strategy," said Miguel del Valle, candidate for mayor.

Part of the focus was on Emanuel's alleged reputation as a political brute.

"A lot of people have expressed to me that they are worried about such a brutish reputation being in the mayor's office of Chicago," said Gery Chico, candidate for mayor.

"Temperament is a very important thing. If you're sending dead fish to people, I mean, come on," said Carol Moseley Braun, candidate for mayor.
    "I guess ol' Rahm just isn't Latino enough for em!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a brilliant idea Rahm! Let's squander billions on illegals, who by the way will not be able to get a job in the US after all of this educating instead of spending it on someone who can put their education to good use in Chicago! Gotta love these brilliant politicians!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Ahhh these morons and their pipe dreams. Where in the hell is he going to find businesses to fund this nightmare? How many of these businesses will want to throw more money away, after paying for that new 66% tax hike??

I didn't realize that Chicago is now all latino now? It seems this article makes it look like "immigration" is the most important issue for Chicago. Gee and here I thought jobs and the economy are the most important issues!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Banned
    It is unclear which country Congressman Gutierrez represents! Well actually not!