Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rand Paul: If John Boehner Passes Rubiocare, “That Will Be the Final Thing He Does as

Rand Paul: If John Boehner Passes Rubiocare, “That Will Be the Final Thing He Does as Speaker”

Posted on August 30, 2013 by BMartin1776

John Boehner is playing games with our lives to stay in power. He is the main problem in DC and has to go regardless of what happens! I hope folks have taken notice how quiet things have been on immigration reform. Barely any talk of it and that tells me trouble is coming. There really haven’t been a wave of town hall videos in general let alone on immigration. This tells me the SOB’s are making deals behind closed doors!

Nothing can be permitted to be voted on let alone allowed to go to conference because it will result in amnesty. If Chuck Schumer is giving his blessing you can be sure it will screw us all! The only immigration bill we the people want to see is one that locks the border down, puts a halt on the visa program figuring out who is and isn’t suppose to be here under it, and will penalize anyone not enforcing the laws on the books… for a start.

Let’s get some heavy fines and penalties in place and start throwing the enablers of illegal immigration in jail. How about making life impossible for an illegal to function in America that they will pack up and leave on their own?! If you do that then the whole debate about what we will do with 11 million goes away they self deport. Get rid of the bi-lingual signs everywhere, stop offering to “press #1 for English”. If we can get businesses and property owners to stop catering to illegals they will leave!

http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/20...thing-speaker/

Rand Paul: If Boehner Passes Amnesty, Will Be 'Final Thing He Does as Speaker'

by Matthew Boyle 30 Aug 2013, 6:03 PM PDT
    breitbart.com

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said on Laura Ingraham’s radio program that House Speaker John Boehner’s speakership is in jeopardy if any form of amnesty, such as the Senate's immigration reform bill, becomes law.

“I’m worried about conference,” Paul said Friday, according to Roll Call. “The only way to avoid a problem with conference is for the speaker of the House to say we are not going to conference, and we will not allow a vote on anything coming out of conference that resembles the Senate bill, and if there were a much more limited bill that emphasizes border security first, that we would do that.”

"Conference" refers to a legislative process wherein after the House passes its own immigration bill, it will enter negotiations with Senate leaders and even the White House to reconcile the differences between the two chambers' bills. Conservative lawmakers fear that in conference, Boehner would allow Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to include a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants in the final law submitted to President Barack Obama.

Paul asserted that if Boehner passes anything like the Senate bill, conservatives in the House will more than likely drive him out of office.

“If he allows something to pass out of conference that looks anything like the Senate bill and is passed with a majority of Democrats, I think that will be the final thing he does as speaker,” Paul said. “So, I think he knows that, and I think he’s going to be very cautious, and I hope he will defend us on this and not pass something that looks like the Senate bill.”

Boehner has agreed that any bill, or conference committee report, that would be voted on would need the support of the majority of House Republicans before receiving a vote in the House. But Boehner has not agreed to kill the Senate bill once and for all by saying no House immigration bill, or group of bills, would be allowed to go to conference with it.

According to The Hill, House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), the GOP's most recent vice presidential candidate who with Mitt Romney lost to President Obama almost a year ago, is working with the Chamber of Commerce to finalize a deal on immigration legislation.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...oes-as-Speaker
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Rand Paul To John Boehner – “You Pass Senate Immigration Bill, You Won’t Be Speaker Anymore”

by Ulsterman on August 31, 2013 with 22 Comments in News

A toughly worded statement from Senator Rand Paul regarding the possibility Speaker John Boehner would circumvent long standing House procedural rules and bring to a vote the highly unpopular Senate immigration reform bill. Senator Paul made clear such a move would be a direct threat to Boehner’s future as Speaker of the House.

(via National Review)

Paul: Immigration Reform Could Threaten Boehner’s Speakership

Rand Paul warned John Boehner that his speakership could be in jeopardy if he breaks the Hastert rule and brings the Senate immigration bill, or something similar to it, for a vote without the support of a majority of Republicans.

“If he allows something to pass out of conference that looks anything like the Senate bill and it is passed with a majority of Democrats, I think that’ll be the final thing he does as speaker,” Paul said on Laura Ingraham’s radio show today. “He has to hold the line.”

When asked if he ultimately thought he would vote for a bill that had New York senator Chuck Schumer’s approval, Paul laughed and responded, “I’d be quite doubtful.”

Paul continued to push his “trust but verify” approach for an immigration-reform bill, which would place the responsibility for border security in the hands of Congress. Under his amendment, Congress would vote on whether or not the border is secure on an annual basis for five years to ensure prescribed measures are being met. LINK
    Senator Paul’s words likely represent similar feelings among many conservative voters. So too does his more balanced border security approach to immigration reform. This is the fact that the Mainstream Media refuses to portray as it then would not create dissention among minorities and thus votes for Democratic candidates – Republicans by and large are very supportive of safe and legal immigration. They always have been. Rand Paul represents that safe and legal position. The Democratic Party, and Barack Obama, represent the “open borders’ approach, where legality takes a backseat to political favoritism. That is a dangerous precedent, and one that runs directly against the traditions of a sovereign America. -UM

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/0...eaker-anymore/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)