Rand Paul: Obama Needs To “Go Back And Read The Constitution”

AUTHOR Kristin Tate
JUNE 8, 2013 8:58PM PST

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) had gave a harsh message to President Obama.

The senator completely called out the president for collecting phone records of millions of unknowing Americans.

(Read more: 10 Creepy Ways The Obama Administration Watches You)

Paul said, “I think it would be remedial education for those who are doing this. They need to go back and read the Constitution, read the Fourth Amendment, and understand that our records are private.”

When asked to react to the National Security Agency (NSA) collecting Verizon phone records, Rand said:

I’m appalled. I’m absolutely opposed to the government sifting and sorting through millions of innocent people’s records. I’m not opposed to them going to a judge and getting an order for an individual who you have probable cause to believe that they’ve been involved with a crime. So one thing it’s a great invasion of our privacy, but it’s also I don’t think good police work. Better police work would be tracking down individuals who have come here from other countries, that are traveling in and out, that are associating with terrorists and going and looking at an individual’s records with a judge’s warrant. But I think when you look at millions of people’s records, you get distracted.

It’s sort of like the TSA at the airport. Because we treat everyone as a potential terrorist, we’re wasting time with twelve-year-old kids and seventy five-year-old grandmothers. They’re trying to get away from that, but it’s been twelve years and they’re still doing it. So it’s the same thing here. We’re sifting through too many people’s records. It’s a violation of the Bill of Rights. We need to have a better and a more thorough understanding of the Fourth Amendment.

Rand Paul is spot on! The Obama administration must stop violating the Constitution — and our right to privacy.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...-constitution/