Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rand Paul Offers Immigration Reality Check: US “Can’t Invite The Whole World” Videos

Rand Paul Offers Immigration Reality Check: US “Can’t Invite The Whole World”

“Will you stand like men and women of courage and fight for your freedom?”

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    April 15, 2014

Senator Rand Paul warned Sunday that While the concept of The American Dream is a noble one, the US “can’t invite the whole world” to enter the country.
    Appearing on on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos, the Senator was responding to comments made by Jeb Bush last week, when the former Florida governor stated that illegal immigration was “an act of love,” rather than a crime.
    “When you say they’re doing an act of love, and you don’t follow it up with ‘but we have to control the border,’ people think, ‘Well, because they’re doing this for kind reasons,’ that the whole world can come to our country,” Paul said, adding that Bush could have been “more artful, maybe, in the way he presented this.”

“I don’t want to say [Bush] is terrible for saying this,” Paul told ABC’s Jonathan Karl. “If it were me, what I would have said is, people who seek the American dream are not bad people. However, we can’t invite the whole world.”
    While other conservatives criticised Bush vehemently, paul’s comments are notable as it is clear he is thinking in terms of a presidential run. The Senator avoided falling into the trap of making himself a target for leftist opponents by not making a blanket statement on the kind of people undocumented immigrants are.
    Paul suggested that Republicans need to work at deflecting the notion held by “some people,” that the GOP vilifies all illegal immigrants.
    The interview took place during a visit New Hampshire, in what was generally seen as a testing of the waters for a presidential run in 2016.
    Speaking at the “Freedom Summit” in the “first in the nation” state, Paul said that the GOP could not be “the party of fat cats, rich guys and Wall Street” and pinpointed justice, unemployment and government surveillance as key areas the party should focus on in order to attract new voters, including young people, Hispanics and blacks.
    “We are the middle class.” Paul noted, adding that Republicans must rail against the notion that the GOP is the party of the rich. “There’s always a bigger working class than an owner’s class. I’m not against the owner’s class but I want to tell the workers of America that we’re on their side.” he added.

Continuing the theme, Paul added “We shouldn’t be sending one penny to rich companies. We send $20 billion a year in direct subsidies to companies. Corporate welfare should once and for all be ended. Rich companies don’t need your money.”
    “Will you stand like men and women of courage and fight for your freedom? The question is will you?,” he asked, a raucous crowd. “I will not waver in my defense of freedom. I will not wilt in the face of adversity. I will stand and fight them at every point.”

—————————————————————-

Steve Watson is a London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, andPrisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.

This article was posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Tags: domestic news

Related Articles

http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-of...e-whole-world/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)