Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rants from fed-up Americans

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.asp?brd= ... _id=459482

READERS WARN OF 'HIDDEN INVASION'

It is "unbelievable" where we are as a nation regarding immigrants.

Now let me get this straight! If you are not a U.S. citizen you get free social services, business loans or grants with no income tax for two years and now no responsibility to earn a U.S. citizenship.

I want to know who allowed the elected officials total access to my Social Security "savings" to pay for someone who has not paid into the tax system? It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that a "no payment deserved" system would eliminate the influx of illegal immigrants.

We are so passive as an American society that we have allowed crooked lawyers and politicians to use our future to create their own constituency with illegal immigrants. What happened to "working" your way up the ladder? My forefathers had to obey the laws as Irish and English immigrants. They did not try to force the citizens of this country to change laws so they could start at the top.

When I see the demonstration rallies held by the illegals I am repulsed by their flag waving. No, not the American flag or Texas flag! But the Mexican flag!

When we were visiting Galveston two years ago, we were shopping on The Strand and noticed bookstores with propaganda on how to take Texas, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and California without firing a shot. This was published in Mexico by the Mexican government. Therefore, I believe the Mexican flag should have the same connotation to Americans as the Nazi flag, which represented a country with historical symbolism that is reprehensible to certain Americans.

The hidden meaning in the Mexican government's intention of invasion through the display of their flag is reprehensible to me.

Susan Phillips
    Tyler
    --------------------------------------
    PROTESTING FREEDOM

It seems rather strange that thousands of Mexican nationals (or former nationals) gather in highly publicized demonstrations waving their native country's flag to show their discontent with proposed legislation to correct past, present and future errors in our immigration laws and policies.

If the tables were turned and we moved to their country (as many Americans have) we would never be allowed to protest, run for any government office or hold a high position in a church or educational institution - even after you gain citizenship. Such is mandated by their own Constitution!

Yet our freedoms that our forefathers made many sacrifices to gain are being abused by those that now demand citizenship by demonstrating. It is inherently wrong for people to demand something they have yet to earn by the legal process of immigration that those of us who did so properly treasure so highly.

Or is it that at least part of our leadership on all levels is too inept or too busy protecting their political careers that these conditions are allowed to continue? Have our leaders forgotten that their mandate also is to secure and protect our borders?

We must finally come to realize that our government is no longer "by the people - for the people" but more for those that have the audacity to demand by demonstrations and loudmouthed irrational representatives who twist both the laws and circumstances to achieve their own agenda.

The only way we as contributing, law-abiding Americans can stop the decline of our wonderful system is to make our wishes known. Write at least one letter to all of your elected officials on all levels telling them what you want. Their names and addresses are readily available from many sources such as the Internet, your local newspaper and many other public sources. Do it today - don't wait. It's later than you think.

T.J. Helbig
    Tyler
    ------------------------------------
    ANTHEM LANGUAGE

Recently you have had an (article) and one or two letters from people who complained about the illegal aliens who sang the national anthem in Spanish. Even the president fussed about it on TV.

Personally, I wouldn't care what they sang in Spanish if they'd just go back home to do it.

Brooks Fowler
    Brownsboro
    -----------------------------------
    NO NEED FOR LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH

As a native-born American voter (of various linguistic ancestry, like many other Americans) I hear a lot said today about singing the national anthem in English.

I am not anti-immigrant. But I am a strong advocate of the use of English as the only official language in this country. In particular, I oppose the ballot in any language but English.

If an immigrant cannot read or write in the English language, how is he qualified to vote intelligently on issues of candidates in this state or country?

While we are on the subject, consider that printing is expensive, and we all pay for it ultimately in taxes. The cost doubles when printing in two languages. Paper and ink are not cheap. This is a hot-button issue, politically incorrect. But fair is fair, and the majority of Americans do not need or want to sing or vote in any language other than English.

Anne Williams,
    Tyler
    --------------------------------------
    JUST BE LEGAL

A day without immigrants. Fine.

I've one question for those demonstrating: Legal or illegal?

If it's legal, welcome. Enjoy the benefits of this great country and make your contributions by paying taxes and by continuing to obey the laws of this country and learn to speak English.

If it's illegal, please go back home and come back the right way. Start off your relationship with your country of choice by not breaking its laws.

This message is not specific to any race, nationality or creed or religion. It is intended for all who wish to come to this great country. I fought for my country and I expect everyone to do the same, not just those of us who were born here.

Make your contributions, but be legal.

John McBride,
    Tyler

Or is it that at least part of our leadership on all levels is too inept or too busy protecting their political careers that these conditions are allowed to continue? Have our leaders forgotten that their mandate also is to secure and protect our borders?
    I agree......they are PUBLIC SERVENTS. These positions weren't ment to be permenant CAREER moves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have a 90% plus encumbency rate - that is not a democracy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)