Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Raw organic milk blamed for E. coli in 4 kids

Raw organic milk blamed for E. coli in 4 kids
    Organic Pastures Dairy products, sold online and in Calif., are recalled

The Associated Press
    Updated: 9:30 p.m. ET Sept 22, 2006

FRESNO, Calif. - Four children in three California counties got sick after drinking raw milk, prompting a state quarantine and recall against raw milk products from Fresno-based Organic Pastures Dairy.

The quarantine against raw milk and cream, announced Thursday, has been expanded to include raw butter, raw buttermilk and raw whey.

The children are in San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties. At least two are in intensive care. The state Food and Agriculture Department says one of the others was released from a hospital.

Officials blame the e-coli bacteria. None was immediately found at the dairy, but tests are being done on raw milk samples pulled off grocery shelves.

But even before tests are done, state law allows for a recall when a food is making people sick.

Organic Pastures products are sold throughout California and online.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14961688/from/RS.1/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2006 MSNBC.com
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

UB

Officials blame the e-coli bacteria. None was immediately found at the dairy, but tests are being done on raw milk samples pulled off grocery shelves.

This is a pretty quick reaction by the State. I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. If it's not Archer Daniels Midland or some big multi-national dairy, the FDA or some State Regulator will try to instill fear in the population. It's good for BIG business when we fear organic food.

UB
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

I got the impression that this is unpasturized milk. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't know about the rules here but in Canada you were not allowed to sell unpasturized milk. I had a friend whose parents had a dairy farm and they secretly sold unpasturized milk to avoid being fined.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)