Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Readers Respond To MSNBC'S Gut Check America

MSNBC.com

Readers share their immigration frustrations
    Personal stories highlight many aspects of a hot Gut Check America issue
    MSNBC
    Updated: 3:37 a.m. PT July 9, 2007
    As part of our Gut Check America coverage, MSNBC.com invited a number of readers who ranked illegal immigration as the most important issue facing the United States to share their experiences and concerns. Here's what they wrote.

Legal immigrant has had enough
    I am a Cuban-born Hispanic naturalized citizen. I came to America as a child, legally. When I was old enough to ask, my parents told me that we had escaped from a bloody civil war and that we were now safe in America.

Unlike my home country, in America there was peace, prosperity and justice because it was a country of laws and not of men. My dad was an attorney. His admiration for America and the rule of law made my siblings and I revere the U.S. Constitution and America’s form of government. More than four decades later, I have my own family: a Danish-born wife, a boy, 6, and a girl, 2.

As a family, we celebrate legal and sustainable immigration and strongly oppose illegal behavior like identity and tax fraud committed by foreigners illegally in the country; and the abuse of tax-paid services to which they are not entitled. The cost of direct services to illegal aliens in California is $10.5 billion annually, which makes my family’s share of this theft of our tax dollars approximately $1,200, according to the Center for Immigration Studies. This known tax burden on each California family does not include the costs of building infrastructure and cleaning up the environment caused by population growth driven by illegal aliens.

From the first day, illegal aliens need to feed themselves, so they must falsify or steal a Social Security identity (there are 11 million stolen identities annually) in order to secure work. According to the U.S. Labor Department, 40 percent of illegal aliens and their employers commit tax fraud by not reporting income. According to the IRS, there are 9.6 million cases of Social Security “no matchâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I loved most of these stories!! It's great to hear from Americans from across the country who are affected negatively by illegal immigrants!

And only one bleeding-heart liberal who wants to support them all! (I dare you to take your whole city's illegals under your wing and pay for them yourself! You wouldn't last a day!)

These letters need to be forwarded on to our senators!!

TexasGal

Finally real stories from true Americans, white, black, hispanic..you name it that all put forth intelligent stories and opinions about what is really happening in our country. You will NEVER hear these stories from the Ted Kennedy and John McCain types who continue their work to destroy us.

Some of these stories are from my area, Southern California, and I could identify with all of them.

All arguments are articulate and well thought through. I agree these statements need to be sent to our representatives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow! This is stupendous. And from MSNBC, of all places.

Folks, do check out the web site. August's topic will be Healthcare.

Thanks, Tiny Bob, you are always Johnny-on-the-spot with good stuff! )Or should that be Bob-on-the-spot?)

Thanks, Tan. MSNBC is also going to report alot about illegal immigraton tomorrow as they talk about the Presidential candidates. At least we have one network that is keeping this subject alive.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.