Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Real Historic Roots and Lessons of Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo Marks Deep Historic Roots
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:11 AM
    By: Lowell Ponte

“Welcome to Cinco de Cuatro — Cinco de Mayo at the White House,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So we chose Spanish over French?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had an article and it basicly said it really means nothing, it's not celebrated as a whole, just celebrating an event to promote the Latino culture.. I had a friend once who would celebrate everything. A cake for the first Robin of spring. The day the first tomatoe ripened, every good grade her kids had at school, the day her husband got a job, the day he got a raise. The hurricane they escaped from. Not to mention any and every other occation throughout the year. She made every single day an event. On her side, she just loved life and didn't want anything to go by without a celebration. But after awhile, when everything is special, then nothing is. But it is pretty much only the Mexicans who think this is a do or die celebration....but isn't every one? They remind me of my friend....lets party, period. BB and card makers and flower shops created celebrations just to promote their businesses. Grandparents Day, Best Friend Day, Secretaries Day, then they went to far with the MONTH long celebrations. Toss up a grill, invite friends and quit shoving it all down our throats.

Cinco de Mayo

Didn't pay their bill so they got roughed up and now they celebrate beating back the debt collector. That's embarassing.

Cinco de Mayo is the Reconquista Holiday. Viva Mexico!!!!

Dixie

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I'm almost positive they don't teach this correct history in the schools in Mexifornia.