Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I gave up on the 'religious right' as having any knowledge about politics back in '76--when they dumped Gerald Ford for Jimmy Carter. Most events since then have supported that conclusion.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Romney lost because his 30 second attack ads did not go into details on why Huckabee is for "touch back" amnesty. All Huckabee had to do was say, "look at my 9 point plan on illegal immigration".

Romney's ads just said: "Huckabee is for amnesty". But he didn't say why or talk about this record.

In short, Romney's attack ads had a lot of glitter and little substance.
    This loss was not due to the illegal issues. I know this for a fact----as I have been posting all over those blog sites for weeks!!

This loss was based on religion ONLY.

Go to the other thread and read the numerous articles that I was posting about Huckabee all over the Iowa threads, and you tell me how they could still vote for him!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I gave up on the 'religious right' as having any knowledge about politics back in '76--when they dumped Gerald Ford for Jimmy Carter. Most events since then have supported that conclusion.
    Who ended up becoming best friends up until Ford's death!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Negative Ads

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Romney needs to get some pro help on how to
    get down and dirty on this issue and blow huck out of the water
    I think Romney's negative ads may have backfired and actually helped Huckabee. They made Huckabee seemed like the underdog (Americans have started to feel like the underdog). Maybe they couldn't identify with Romney. I don't know.

But, Romney didn't just lose. He lost badly. There's always New Hampshire. But, I don't think it'll be in Romney's best interest to go in there with the negative ads. He's currently doing okay in the polls. I think you're right. It's time he started selling his plans.

Maybe he needs to start to telling the people what he stands for. I think he'll do better in New Hampshire.

I"m a Iowan who voted for Paul. I also have a very religious finace and very religious family members. I"m religious just not to the same degree.

In my precinct Illegal immigration got the most attention during discussions along with Abortion as the 2 main issues. In my precinct Huckabee dominationed probably getting about the same # of votes as the others combined(Romney,Thompson,Paul,McCain,Guliani in that order).

Now with all that being said IMHO here's how I see what happened overall in my backyard. The general media(newspapers,local media,local radio) of course didnt put the truth out there enough(there were some outlets of course),but overall most people saw Romney and others bashing Huckabee on immigration,but there wasn't anything to your mainstream person.

McCain got demolished in my area but of course everyone knows his views on amesty. The general public understood him because he was very blunt about it.

Abortion is the key...not just for the religious though,but for those who consider it murder. Romney in people minds flipflopped on it and Huckabee comes across as someone who would fight abortion 100% and then on immigration most people who dont read the internet or listen to a variety of talk radio really arent informed enough on it. But with abortion its pretty clear cut your either for it or against it and if in your past you were for it,people would be very skeptical of change on it.

Very disappointed with this result but hoping Romney
    will be more clear with his plan to fight amnesty.

I am having my in-laws as house guests for
    few days. They are both from a "non-denomination"
    church and see Mormons almost like the devil.
    They're also against illegal immigration and Republicans.
    I have no idea who they're supporting but when
    I told them I am with Romney their response was
    an "Oh! the Mormon?" -

I cant believe they will put religion first and
    country last.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaPatriot
    I"m a Iowan who voted for Paul. I also have a very religious finace and very religious family members. I"m religious just not to the same degree.

In my precinct Illegal immigration got the most attention during discussions along with Abortion as the 2 main issues. In my precinct Huckabee dominationed probably getting about the same # of votes as the others combined(Romney,Thompson,Paul,McCain,Guliani in that order).

Now with all that being said IMHO here's how I see what happened overall in my backyard. The general media(newspapers,local media,local radio) of course didnt put the truth out there enough(there were some outlets of course),but overall most people saw Romney and others bashing Huckabee on immigration,but there wasn't anything to your mainstream person.

McCain got demolished in my area but of course everyone knows his views on amesty. The general public understood him because he was very blunt about it.

Abortion is the key...not just for the religious though,but for those who consider it murder. Romney in people minds flipflopped on it and Huckabee comes across as someone who would fight abortion 100% and then on immigration most people who dont read the internet or listen to a variety of talk radio really arent informed enough on it. But with abortion its pretty clear cut your either for it or against it and if in your past you were for it,people would be very skeptical of change on it.
    You are so right. Romney got hit for supporting Planned Parenthood in Massachussets.

That hurt him bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback

an "Oh! the Mormon?" -

country last.
    Your last statement is what I believe happened in Iowa. Huckabee was the Baptist minister and for a lot of people there...That was all they heard!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Re: Negative Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Romney needs to get some pro help on how to
    get down and dirty on this issue and blow huck out of the water
    I think Romney's negative ads may have backfired and actually helped Huckabee. They made Huckabee seemed like the underdog (Americans have started to feel like the underdog). Maybe they couldn't identify with Romney. I don't know.

But, Romney didn't just lose. He lost badly. There's always New Hampshire. But, I don't think it'll be in Romney's best interest to go in there with the negative ads. He's currently doing okay in the polls. I think you're right. It's time he started selling his plans.

Maybe he needs to start to telling the people what he stands for. I think he'll do better in New Hampshire.
    No, it wasn't the ads----the ads saved Romney from losing a lot worse----as he was a lot further behind a few weeks ago!!

It is.........Instead of these people doing their research when they were receiving this information about Huckabee------they chose to ignore it!!

Plus---because they defended Huckabee no matter what-----and did not question him on anything----he didn't even have to defend his poor record in Arkansas.

Then he used the-----poor me, they are sinners defense!!

I saw the trash that they were posting about Mormons on those blogs----I was posting on them every day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback

an "Oh! the Mormon?" -

country last.
    Sooooooooo.....They are Dems.....Remind them that Harry Reid is a Mormon!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast