Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The REAL Rudy Strategy

Hey guys, I just finished watching a segment on Cavuto (one of the few shows I watch on Fox). He was interviewing a political strategist about Rudy and Florida. The guys thinks that Rudy will lose Florida (he is down in the polls heavily) and will pull out. After he pulls out, he says, Rudy will endorse McCain. He said Rudy has already said that he would support McCain if he were not in the race.

Its starting to make sense now.

Rudy never wanted to win. He knew he could garner enough support simply by playing on 9-11 to be the front-runner for months. Then he does not even campaign in a series of early primaries, putting all of his eggs in Florida. But now he is losing Florida as well, and this moronic strategy has not paid off. Next he will likely pull out and endorse McCain. This would give McCain the primary.

My theory is that this was the plan the entire time. To get McCain the nomination by using Rudy as a diversion. Now Rudy's supporters will go to McCain, and a man who looked dead in the water, and rightfully so, will become the Republican nominee. Why else would Rudy employ such a dumb strategy of not campaigning in all of the early primaries?

I think this was planned by neocons with McCain and Rudy playing along, and it may well work. Not because we like him, but because of the RUDY STRATEGY
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    At this point I don't think Rudi has many supporters and the ones
    he did have were not real conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    At this point I don't think Rudi has many supporters and the ones
    he did have were not real conservatives
    He has enough to tip the balence in McCain's favor if he endorses him. Of course they are not conservatives, that is why they will vote for McCain

See you at the signing!!

Who really knows what the effect would be if this happens. But we'll see.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have any of the other fallen candidate endorsements made a huge difference?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Have any of the other fallen candidate endorsements made a huge difference?
    No, but none of the top tear guys have dropped out.....besides Thompson, and he supports McCain anyway. Some people believe that the purpose of the Thompson candidacy was to help McCain. I'm starting to think the same way about Rudy.

I mean, McCain looked like he was dead in the water just a couple months ago. Now, he is one of two candidates that really have a shot at this thing. Rudy? He was DOMINANT for many months. He was center stage at the debates. It looked like nobody could touch him. Now he looks to be a non-factor. McCains sudden surge in the polls, and primary victories coincided with Rudy purposely giving up the early primaries. McCain picked up the support that Rudy forfitted....and he may pick up more if Rudy endorses him. I don't know for sure, I just think that the way it has developed is really strange -- especially McCain being able to garner so much support, when he is a liberal, OBL, who was getting his head handed to him not long ago. I smell a rat, and I think it is the Rudy factor.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    McCain was broke and laying off staffers

One has to really question where all the cash came
    from to throw him into the top tier and allow him
    to compete at that level

I am a Pub from a 3 generation Pub family and I will NOT support McCain
    under any circumstances. I may be sitting this one out. Our primary is
    Tues and Im crossing over and voting for Obama to try to cull Hillary.

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

In terms of some of the major talk radio hosts, it perhaps wouldn't be such a bad thing if Rudy drops out. I've noticed that Hannity, Rush, Levin and Hewitt for example do not like and hammer many of McCain's (non-war) policies, and thus either directly or indirectly lean or support Romney and Rudy (although they seem to talk less about Rudy since he has dropped in the polls). So if the race becomes Romney v. McCain, you can expect them to spend time hammering McCain's liberal record in many areas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)