Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

REAL U.S. Health Care Reform: Repeal EMTALA!

In his address to a joint session of Congress about Health Care Reform, President Barak Obama stated, "Health care is our deficit problem." I would like to suggest that our illegal immigration problem is one root of our health care problem and its many financial troubles, and that this began with passage of the Emergency Medical Treatment & Active Labor Act" (EMTALA) of 1986 requiring all U.S. hospitals to render emergency health care to all who applied regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay. EMTALA was an entirely UNFUNDED MANDATE to hospitals and the states by the federal government!

Below is an article describing a Report issued by the Social Contract Press entitled, "The Twin Crisis: Immigration and Infrastructure" issued January 15, 2009, followed by links to the full report. Also included is an article from "Investor's Business Daily" of August 24, 2009, entitled, "Paying the Price of Immigrant Health Care" and background information on EMTALA.

If we want REAL Health Care Reform in the United States, I propose we begin by ridding ourselves of this unnecessary financial buren on our hospitals and states: require that our Congress repeal EMTALA!

HSToday
    Homeland Security Insight & Analysis

Uninsured, Unreimbursed Care Threatens EDs, Trauma Units, Report States

by Anthony L. Kimery
    Tuesday, 13 January 2009

'Uncompensated illegal alien care is the cause of many emergency department closures'

A new report released Tuesday by the group Social Contract at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, DC asserted that “hospitals throughout the country have been inundated by uninsured immigrantsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What the HECK! Get rid of this EMTALA.... Deport all illegal aliens![quote]“In the last decade, 60 California emergency rooms closed,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Then ICE needs to be mandated to deport all these immigrants and their aiders and abettor should be fined and imprisoned.

Deport from hospital the entire family
    Absolutely if this was done things would be cleaned up in hurry!!!!

ELE

We can take care of illegals but not our seniors?????????

I live in a "Sanctuary city" and in the past year 3 hospitals have closed here. One of the newspapers quoted a nurse as saying that it was due to the enormous number of undocumented aliens are their children coming to the ER for free medical care. I was surprised that the newspaper printed the nurse’s comment.

PS
    The Gov't is talking about cutting back on care for our seniors to accommodate illegals. Immoral!

Well, either we're a really stupid country for passing such a law, or someone at the get go was out to see that we become bankrupt and weak due to it.

As an RN, this is ALL I SEE. They come by the scores, and they are also bringing in their elderly infirm relatives. We just treat and treat and admit and admit. No expense is spared. I am just sick over it and sick to death of it.

It is also highly frustrating to care for them at times. Some admittedly are quiet and unassuming, bust just as many are demanding with us as their nurses as if they are kings of the castle or something. . It is very frustrating to care for someone you KNOW is not paying for it, and whose presence will undoubtedly result in my being paid much less as a professional for what I do over time. Already we deal with salary freezes, not enough supplies, aging equipment, etc. The hospitals are BROKE and expect nurses to do more and more with less and less.

I also resent the fact that they just saunter in w/ any old disease. This weekend I had to admit a 66 year old woman w/ viral meningitis - hopefully it was not bacterial. With masks and all, I had to admit this woman, exposing myself to God knows what. Family members were demanding everything, including of course, interpreters, and yelling and the entire experience was just maddening.

Also had to care for a woman who basically was on a starvation strike. She was suffering severe PPD, but basically just refused to allow any sort of treatment because she was "suspicious" of pills. They come to this country with a huge lack of insight and ignorance about their health which only adds to the problems.

I"m just sick to death of it. If ANYTHING needs to be repealed, it is this Godforsaken law!!!!

jjmm: Thank you for being at ALIPAC. Please start telling those close to you to go to our site and use www.numbersuse.com and join a Tea Party in your area. At NumbersUSA you can make an action buffet they will notify you when there is action needed with a preform fax letter you can send via the site. The Resistnet.com of the Tea Party has a chat site. Don't forget to go to Archive and listen to William Gheen on Radio or better listen to Last American Standing on Sunday Evening.

There is a need for everyone to get involved locally. Everyone should go to School Board and City Council Meetings to keep them on target for citizen concerns.