Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Record today's Colbert Report?

Friends,

An ALIPAC Activist just called me and said the Colbert Report on Comedy Central will run again at 10:30am eastern and 2 or 2:30pm eastern today and that someone needs to record it fast. The activist claims a rep of Univision is on the show claiming Latin America is taking over the US with glee.

Can someone rush to capture this on video for us?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With out of control legal and illegal immigration from south of our border for the last 20 years it is no wonder that Univision would gleefully say that. Weren't they th eones asking for parity of Spanish with English during 2 democratic pimary debates, Jorge Ramos, Maria Salinas, no one remembers? Clearly the spanish-language media sees the US as a potential boon!

The solution is a screeching halt to all immigration from south of the border - a moratorium for 10 years - to allow for a more neutral immigration policy because right now it's crazy. About 40 % legal immigrants are Hispanics and 50% of legal residents are Hispanics and over 80% of illegals are Hispanics. Add it all up and understand why Univision is gleeful!

I set my DVR, but my actual video recorder is still packed. (we don't use it much). I thought if I at least captured it, When hubby has a chance I can get him to set it up for a real recording, if you still need it. Stupid question, when you ask for recordings, how do we get them to you?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The interview with Ramos takes place about 20 minutes into the show.
    He's the main regular 'interview' guest.

In the interview, he (Colbert) touches (sometimes, more seriously, sometimes totally off-the-cuff and humorous) upon several familiar themes which are part of the overall immigration debate:

1). Lou Dobbs (Ramos makes several under the breath comments downplaying or demeaning of Dobbs incidentally)

2). Ramos quotes some basic stats about 'undocumented immigration' into the US (1 crosses the border every minute - he says)

3). He talks about the ethnic / demographic aspects - that by [x - some date] Latinos will outnumber Anglo Americans in the general US population - or something very close

4). And a plug for his new book - which I happen to forget the title, but could honestly care less.

HTH