Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    LETS HIT IT HARD TODAY, COLORADO AND ARKANSAS NEED OUR HELP!!! NO IN STATE TUITION FOR ILLEGALS!!!!

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    LETS HIT IT HARD TODAY, COLORADO AND ARKANSAS NEED OUR HELP!!! NO IN STATE TUITION FOR ILLEGALS!!!!

count me in again today

April
    Thanks, I am on it too!

Sending second round
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Victory in Arkansas!!! We need the HAMMER down in the other states NOW!!!!

Please join in here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-870512.html#870512

Mr. xxxx, thank you for your e-mail. Indeed, I completely agree.

For many of the same reasons you outlined in your e-mail, I strongly oppose SB 170. I will be voting against it and speaking against it in committee and on the House floor. I think we should punish illegal aliens for breaking our Federal immigration laws, and we certainly should not grant them the privilege of in-state tuition.

Thank you for writing me. I’m sorry that I can’t write you a longer reply, but I get about 300 e-mails a day. As a State Representative, I do not have a staff person assigned to me for the purpose of e-mail, so I personally answer each e-mail in my district.

It is my honor to represent you in the State House.
    Respectfully, David
    Rep. David Balmer
    Assistant House Minority Leader
    Republican, Arapahoe County
    (303) 866-2935
    www.davidbalmer.com

Chris romers staffers are swamped lets keep it going!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

LETTER ONE

James,

Thanks for writing me about Senate Bill 170, the proposal to give in-state tuition to illegal immigrants.

I am opposed to this bill: I do not believe that law-abiding taxpayers should subsidize tuition for illegal immigrants. I have sponsored bills in the past to prohibit the government from giving in-state tuition to illegal immigrants, but so far none have been signed into law. Rest assured that I’ll keep up the fight against funding illegal immigrant social programs with taxpayer dollars.

Again, thanks for your e-mail. Please feel free to call me if you have any further questions or concerns: 303-866-4881.
    Sincerely,
    Ted Harvey
    State Senator, Douglas County
    ====================================
    LETTER TWO

James, thanks for the email. I do not support the bill.
    Keith King
    ====================================

LETTER THREE.. saving the worst for last

Dear James,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your concerns about SB 170 with me. I always appreciate hearing from Coloradans, even when they do not agree with my stance. Even though I may not be able to change your opinion about this bill, I wanted to take a second to explain the many benefits of this legislation, correct several misconceptions about this legislation as well as immigration laws, and hopefully convey to you why I will be supporting Sen. Romer’s bill.

Senate Bill 170 is good for our economy, strengthens our communities, keeps us competitive with other Western states, and provides an opportunity for more Coloradans to seek higher education. First, and contrary to some popular beliefs, SB 170 is not just a matter of generosity, but also an economic development strategy to bolster the state’s economy. The passage of SB 170 will not cost Colorado tax payers a cent! Also, studies have indicated that college graduates are less likely to get caught in a cycle of poverty and crime, and that they tend to be more productive and civically engaged; they vote more, and are more likely to contribute to the state tax base. The states with higher percentages of college graduates have higher productivity and attract more high-growth biomedical, technology, and new energy corporations.

Second, we are already funding undocumented students’ K-12 education (as federal law mandates), and we will be wasting this initial investment if we do not provide an opportunity for these students to pursue higher education and ultimately give back to the state. Undocumented students are currently ten times less likely to attend college and realizing this futility, often drop out during high school. Tuition equity is by no means a free pass to college. Instead, all SB 170 does is to permit this portion of Colorado’s population to pay in-state tuition. These students will still have to apply and be accepted, so only the qualified students will benefit from the bill’s passage.

Third, SB 170 provides an opportunity for Colorado to stay competitive with our nearby states. Ten other states currently have passed tuition equity legislation, and many of these are Western states: California, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Washington. California and Texas have calculated that any costs associated with this legislation were minimal when compared with spending on social programs and the higher rates of crime that would result if nothing was done.

Fourth, when discussing SB 170, I have often heard the argument that it is “unfairâ€

I have been bombarding Romer for weeks, and although his first response to me included news clips about how wonderful it is giving every child an education, I have not heard a word back. I am getting so mad that I feel like emailing him, asking how many times he was held back in grade school for failing arithmetic. Why are illegal kids more worthy of in-state tuition than the American citizen kid from Kansas? If you already have students in seats, why discount the price of their presence if they are illegal? And where is he getting his campaign contributions: LaRaza and MALDEF?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234