Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reivew of "Conditional Non-immigrant Workers"

Senator Frist's Amnesty bill has a Title VI which deals with . I was curious and it seems to be a massive giveaway to illegals so they can avoid deportation.

"Conditional Non-immigrant Workers" seem to be those illegals in the US waiting for their employment "status" to be approved, presumably as Guest Workers. That means they have paid a $1000 fee and filed an application.

Under the Title, such illegals:
    "(A) shall be granted employment authorization pending final adjudication of the alien's application for a grant of status;
    (B) shall be granted permission to travel abroad;
    (C) may not be detained, determined inadmissible or deportable, or removed pending final adjudication of the alien's application for a grant of status, unless the alien, through conduct or criminal conviction, becomes ineligible for such grant of status;
    (D) may not be considered an unauthorized alien until employment authorization under subparagraph (A) is denied."

Here's my interpretation of A-D, since I'm not a lawyer:
    (A) Once an illegal pays their $1000 application fee and files an application they are considered to have been granted "employment status".
    (B) An illegal with employment "status" can legally re-enter the US.
    (C) An illegal with employment "status" may not be detained, deported, etc. unless they have have committed criminal conduct, or been convicted of such.
    (D) Also they may not be treated as an illegal until their application is denied. That would presumably apply to law enforcement.

Also "an alien who files an application under this section, including the alien's spouse and child, may not be detained, determined inadmissible or deportable, or removed pending final adjudication of the alien's application for a grant of status".

Suppose you are an illegal, you pay $1000 and file your employment application. Now you, your spouse and minor AND adult children and exempt from being deported pending "final adjudication" of your application - as I understand this section.

Now if an illegal's application is denied and appealed to the federal courts, I wonder what is "final adjudication": Conveniently to illegals it's not defined. However any time an illegal can simply pay another $1,000 and fill out another application! Then they, their spouse and all their children are protected because they are considered to have "employment status".

Then there's this: "An alien who is present in the United States and has been ordered excluded, deported, removed, or ordered to depart voluntarily from the United States under any provision of this Act may, notwithstanding such order, may apply for a grant of status in accordance with this section."

Therefore if the illegal's application for employment status was denied and the illegal is are ordered deported, just pay $1000 and fill out a new application!

Illegal aliens will be rejoicing in the streets if this section is made law - because it seems to be a FARCE!

Even if final regulations haven't been created yet, the Tile says an illegal can pay their $1000, submit an application and they are considered granted "employment status". Thus they, their spouse and their minor and adult children are now exempt from deportation!

My conclusion, without being a lawyer, is that the Judiciary Committee didn't have to amend Senator Frist's Title VI because they couldn't give away any more in terms of preventing illegals from being deported!

Also an ALI-PAC lawyer might want to take a closer look at this section.

Why don't they make the Border Patrol the "Welcome Wagon." Makes about as much sense as anything I've seen from these idiots so far.