By Patrick Wilson
The Virginian-Pilot
© February 12, 2009
VIRGINIA BEACH

A group of religious and community leaders will hold a public discussion Friday at Virginia Wesleyan College to discuss immigration reform.

The Interfaith Immigration Coalition is hosting a vigil and roundtable discussion at 6 p.m. at the college’s Boyd dining center, 1584 Wesleyan Drive.

The event will include different points of view and endorse a humane treatment of immigrants, a press release said.

Login or register to post comments
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules. Comments do not reflect the views or approval of The Virginian-Pilot or its Web sites. Comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language. Due to high volume, comments might not appear immediately on the site. We reserve the right to reject any comment for any reason. Readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Report Violation" link below the comment to alert an editor. Repeat offenders will be denied automatic posting privileges.

political korrectedness...???
Submitted by waynes21170 on Thu, 02/12/2009 at 7:33 pm.
Let's hope this quasi-religious 'flavoring', posturing, and pontificating over immigration includes a very frank dialogue about the effects of illegal immigration as well. I'm not at ALL sympathetic towards ANY group which wrings its hands and cries over the 'poor, desperate, impoverished, yearning-to-be-free' immigrants who ultimately seek only to bleed the U.S. taxpayer, and live off the public dole while seeking every benefit and advantage that they can wring from us. Every organization such as this has a certain, pre-disposed 'agenda', and the fact that the article hasn't quite disclosed it tells me that this forum is just another politically-correct, uber-liberal attempt by a whiny college-affiliated group to bash conservative efforts to responsibly curb illegal immigration. So far, I'm skeptical, I'm not impressed, and I'll withhold judgement pending an impartial, follow-up review of their forum.

report violation
Immigrant or illegal immigrant
Submitted by ConservativeCPA on Thu, 02/12/2009 at 6:46 pm.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/02/religio ... k-va-beach

Comments being left at the link.