Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Poe Calls on Feds to Take Charge in Falcon Lake Investi

Dear Neighbors,

I am enjoying being back in the great state of Texas! As I have traveled the district this week meeting with many of you at various events, I am reminded that southeast Texans are among the fiestiest folks around! I haven’t met a person yet that doesn’t have something to say about the need to get our priorities in Washington back in order. I couldn’t agree more. The number one prioirty of the federal government is to protect its people and that includes protecting our borders.

Last Thursday, an American citizen was reportedly murdered while jet skiing on Falcon Lake along the Texas-Mexico border. While this didn’t make the national news until four days later, reports of violence and murder along our southern border come as no surprise to us in Texas.

Local authorities report that David Hartley was shot and killed when he and his wife, Tiffany, crossed over into Mexican waters to get a look at a sunken mission. Tiffany reports the couple was ambushed by gunmen from the Mexican side of the lake. While she managed to escape, David’s body remains missing.

Congressman Poe with SWAT Team on the Texas-Mexico Border

This is not the first report of armed attacks on Falcon Lake. Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzales has been calling for help from federal authorities for months. In May, I spoke of this very threat on the House floor. Despite years of calls to secure the border and protect the people of this country, our federal government continues to do nothing.

The number one issue at hand is that an American citizen has been reportedly murdered, his body is missing in Mexican waters and our government is not taking charge of the situation. I contacted the State Department to inquire what is being done on our end to recover the missing body. My office has been informed that the Mexican government initially gave us permission to assist in the search, but then was revoked by higher-ups in the chain-of-command. It has now been a week and the State Department is still waiting for “permissionâ€
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

i am guessing this is an email???

Yeah, I get regular email updates from him.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.