Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reply from the Florida Democratic Party

Please excuse the delay in answering your email -- the holiday weekend and several other factors interfered with my getting back to you sooner.

The Florida Democratic Party has published its official position on immigration reform here:
    http://www.fladems.com/PuttingFloridiansFirst.pdf

As for Senator Nelson, you can read his official platform here: http://origin.www.nelsonforsenate.com/

The immigration issue has become extremely divisive this year. We believe that the Republican Party has whipped up concern over immigration without actually pledging to DO anything about it (since President Bush wants to continue to provide low-wage workers to his business-community cronies). While our position may not satisfy many Floridians who are deeply concerned about immigration, I suggest that you would be happier with a good-faith reform package that might not be perfect, than you would be with the Republican combination of angry rhetoric and clever stalling.

John R. Woodward, MSW/MCSE
    Florida Democratic Party
    Information Technology Director
    jwoodward@fladems.com
    http://www.fladems.com
    Office: (850) 222-3411
    Cell Phone: (850) 443-6630 (Available 24 hours a day)

Party has whipped up concern
    NO YOU IDIOTS WE DID!!!!!!!!!

This just kills me. What is this BS! We are going to be nice to the immigrants and protect them from the mean old Republicans! I can not beleive this foolishness.

This really tells me they are taking the side of the illegal immigrants and separating themselves from the Republicans, to get the Hispanic vote. OK, so the Republicans better grab the rest of America by taking the side of sovereignty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I suggest that you would be happier with a good-faith reform package that might not be perfect, than you would be with the Republican combination of angry rhetoric and clever stalling.
    The senators of Florida are a lost cause. There is no use trying to turn Nelson-D or for that matter Martinez-R. They both need to go. Hopefully can get rid of Nelson in November but with who....Harris-R is running against him but I think she is soft on immigration too.

Unfortunately we are going to have to put up with Martinez for quite a while yet.